Guys, Howie Long would've passed on Tebow

Lizard King

Guys...the GM of GM thinks we made a mistake. Our Front Office TOTALLY BLEW IT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/08/howie-long-would-have-passed-on-tebow/

Howie Long would have passed on Tebow

Posted by Mike Florio on August 8, 2012, 11:28 AM EDT

259653_crop_650x440-e1344439645981.jpg?w=250 Getty Images

The Boomer & Carton show on WFAN continues to generate Tebow-related news. Earlier this week, co-host Boomer Esiason said the Jets should cut Tim Tebow. Earlier today, Hall of Famer Howie Long, of the NFL on FOX, said on the program that the Jets shouldn’t have traded for Tebow.

I wouldn’t have brought him in,” Long said. “When Tim Tebow comes, he comes with great distraction. I’m not a fan of the HBO series. I think it’s entertaining, but I think it gives the outside world access and distracts your football team. Tim Tebow has that kind of impact on a football team. . . .

“The round-the-clock, 24-hour-a-day coverage that the Jets are getting on every throw . . . every down and distance, red zone, that Tebow takes snaps from the punt team, I think it distracts from your football team and your focus. And it’s a good Jets football team that could contend for a Super Bowl.”

The only good development that could come from all the attention is that, if the Jets get to the Super Bowl, they’ll be unfazed by all the attention. But if the attention before the season starts makes it harder to get to the Super Bowl, it won’t matter

This is why I don't listen to Boomer & Carton if I don't have to.

In March/April, I was a bit upset about this as well. But it's August now. Tebow's here. He hasn't been any more of a distraction than Cromartie or Holmes. He's staying. Get over it.

The decision has already been made. And he's showed glimpses of how he can help us. Whether it's a 4th and short, a goal line situation, throwing the deep ball or just being a positive locker room presence, he can help this team. He's been extraordinarily willing to accept whatever role he's given. We went to the AFC championship the year we were on Hard Knocks. So Long's comparison is fairly shot to sh*t.

I'm sick of everyone playing Jets GM and criticizing this. I wasn't happy about it at first either but I believe more and more that he's going to help more then hurt.

This is why I don't listen to Boomer & Carton if I don't have to.

In March/April, I was a bit upset about this as well. But it's August now. Tebow's here. He hasn't been any more of a distraction than Cromartie or Holmes. He's staying. Get over it.

What a great point. I never even thought of that.

This is just not true, without Tebow there would not be 24 hour a day coverage and everything said would not get blown out of proportion.

The Jets were on Hard Knocks 2 years ago, had their best season in 10+ years and reached the AFCG. Cameras were on them 24/7, behind closed doors, capturing everything that takes place with the team, both good and bad.

How is this different?

The Jets were on Hard Knocks 2 years ago, had their best season in 10+ years and reached the AFCG. Cameras were on them 24/7, behind closed doors, capturing everything that takes place with the team, both good and bad.

How is this different?

Because the shred of doubt regarding Sanchez's sucktitude has since been completely removed?

I've thought of Howie Long as a cowardly POS ever since he hit the 80 year old owner of the Saints from behind with his helmet. I don't understand why he wasn't arrested on the spot while still in uniform.

Needless to say I have no use for his opinion on any matter.

damn i forgot about that story

Archived