JAWS MAFIA - Game Thread

DPR

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Quint - Harpoon please. I will go with the plan for everyone to target Hess with the 'poons. I give up, I don't see it as logical whatsoever, but I've been wrong about damn-near everything this game. So who gives a ****, lol

@Quint Can I please have another harpoon? I'll give you boobies!

@Quint :

Harpoon = Boobies

Reading comprehension fail.

JN.jpg

11. If you want to buy a Harpoon (1 shot kill) or a Life Vest (protection against 1 kill attempt) all you have to do is ask Quint on-thread. You don't know who Quint is, but he's out there. He'll decide whether or not he wants to sell you the itme. If he does, it will cost you 3 vote points (the number of points it takes to lynch you on any given day). You may only buy 1 Harpoon or 1 Vest.

Who says there are only two backups?

Breadcrumbing for your upcoming fake reveal? ;-)

Seems to me you haven't read the rules. The supply may be unlimited but the demand is not.

Does everyone need to throw a harpoon at Hess for him to die? Oh wait no one knows. All we DO know is there's a mother****ing shark we need to kill and no one wants to work together to figure out how. Smash goes off with his dumbass reveal and everyone else is like "blah blah blah WE NEED TO HUNT FOR TEH SCUM".

This is where my theory gets a little bit iffy but I'm thinking Hess can probably heal from single harpoon wounds. I think we need to concentrate our fire. Why else would EP's role be in the game?

Good point. Seemed useless at first but if we need X number of harpoons to kill Hess with then that would let us know when we need to unleash them all at once.

I mean, if no one else wants to make killing Hess # 1 priority, whatever. I'll be rooting for him. None of these town roles matter as long as Hess is alive.

I've had a town read on you...but this comes across a little scummy. I get that we need to kill Hess soon. But right now I'd like to think Smash is Town and just offering him up so we can get to another NK plus another Hess food leaves makes little sense. At the very least scum has incentive to NK him so we do not see who went where.

So, has anyone actually thought about what this "everyone buy a harpoon and throw it at Hess" plan does? From a "how does this benefit scum" standpoint?

Let's say all the townies left each buy a harpoon. Every townie in the game loses 3 vote points. They all throw their harpoons at Hess and say he doesn't die. Then the town is getting eaten once a day, shot once a night, and in the meantime, we've only killed one scum and so they'll actually have the numbers to pile onto lynch trains and take out townies via lynch due to the -3 votes.

Town's odds are BETTER if we just let Hess be and play to beat scum right now. I'd rather keep our votes and have him eat his way until he hits a bomb, than forfeit all those vote points for a plan that doesn't seem viable to me.

Given that Pac was the major, a shark enabler, perhaps if we eliminate the scum team the beaches will be closed meaning no more feeding for Hess, so some sh*t like that. Basically, I think maybe there is a connection between scum and Shark here. I mean Hess is chomping away on town power roles, and seemingly not working the middle - he's pretty clearly anti-town only. I won't think otherwise until he gobbles up some scum.

So, has anyone actually thought about what this "everyone buy a harpoon and throw it at Hess" plan does? From a "how does this benefit scum" standpoint?

Let's say all the townies left each buy a harpoon. Every townie in the game loses 3 vote points. They all throw their harpoons at Hess and say he doesn't die. Then the town is getting eaten once a day, shot once a night, and in the meantime, we've only killed one scum and so they'll actually have the numbers to pile onto lynch trains and take out townies via lynch due to the -3 votes.

Town's odds are BETTER if we just let Hess be and play to beat scum right now. I'd rather keep our votes and have him eat his way until he hits a bomb, than forfeit all those vote points for a plan that doesn't seem viable to me.

Given that Pac was the major, a shark enabler, perhaps if we eliminate the scum team the beaches will be closed meaning no more feeding for Hess, so some sh*t like that. Basically, I think maybe there is a connection between scum and Shark here. I mean Hess is chomping away on town power roles, and seemingly not working the middle - he's pretty clearly anti-town only. I won't think otherwise until he gobbles up some scum.

AGAIN, scum is probably just going to all claim bomb. And then what do we do?

I've had a town read on you...but this comes across a little scummy. I get that we need to kill Hess soon. But right now I'd like to think Smash is Town and just offering him up so we can get to another NK plus another Hess food leaves makes little sense. At the very least scum has incentive to NK him so we do not see who went where.

Good point. OK, temporary insanity over.

Unvote vote Wombat

Its moronic...this whole harpoon crap. Total scum agenda. The Harpoons arent going to do sh*t to Jaws. Book it.

Archived