JAWS MAFIA - Game Thread

DPR

So, has anyone actually thought about what this "everyone buy a harpoon and throw it at Hess" plan does? From a "how does this benefit scum" standpoint?

Let's say all the townies left each buy a harpoon. Every townie in the game loses 3 vote points. They all throw their harpoons at Hess and say he doesn't die. Then the town is getting eaten once a day, shot once a night, and in the meantime, we've only killed one scum and so they'll actually have the numbers to pile onto lynch trains and take out townies via lynch due to the -3 votes.

Town's odds are BETTER if we just let Hess be and play to beat scum right now. I'd rather keep our votes and have him eat his way until he hits a bomb, than forfeit all those vote points for a plan that doesn't seem viable to me.

Given that Pac was the major, a shark enabler, perhaps if we eliminate the scum team the beaches will be closed meaning no more feeding for Hess, so some sh*t like that. Basically, I think maybe there is a connection between scum and Shark here. I mean Hess is chomping away on town power roles, and seemingly not working the middle - he's pretty clearly anti-town only. I won't think otherwise until he gobbles up some scum.

I was coming to this as well...the feeding frenzy is not in our best interest...anyone have a list of who has received a harpoon?

Is it logical to start lynching off that list?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AGAIN, scum is probably just going to all claim bomb. And then what do we do?

Hmmmm...I dunno? Kill them with Harpoons? Oh wait, we are going to gather them and shoot them at one time because its totally going to kill a 2 ton beast.

Morons the whole lot of you.

So, has anyone actually thought about what this "everyone buy a harpoon and throw it at Hess" plan does? From a "how does this benefit scum" standpoint?

Let's say all the townies left each buy a harpoon. Every townie in the game loses 3 vote points. They all throw their harpoons at Hess and say he doesn't die. Then the town is getting eaten once a day, shot once a night, and in the meantime, we've only killed one scum and so they'll actually have the numbers to pile onto lynch trains and take out townies via lynch due to the -3 votes.

Town's odds are BETTER if we just let Hess be and play to beat scum right now. I'd rather keep our votes and have him eat his way until he hits a bomb, than forfeit all those vote points for a plan that doesn't seem viable to me.

Given that Pac was the major, a shark enabler, perhaps if we eliminate the scum team the beaches will be closed meaning no more feeding for Hess, so some sh*t like that. Basically, I think maybe there is a connection between scum and Shark here. I mean Hess is chomping away on town power roles, and seemingly not working the middle - he's pretty clearly anti-town only. I won't think otherwise until he gobbles up some scum.

Possible. But this approach would require pure scumhunting imo. No reveals whatsoever, just pure scumhunting. I think we are ****ed no matter what we do right now. I favor the harpoon plan because I would rather gamble on Hess not eating the harpooners than on Hess eating the bomb. I think regardless of what everyone else decides, I will be buying a harpoon and saving it for Hess.

Possible. But this approach would require pure scumhunting imo. No reveals whatsoever, just pure scumhunting. I think we are ****ed no matter what we do right now. I favor the harpoon plan because I would rather gamble on Hess not eating the harpooners than on Hess eating the bomb. I think regardless of what everyone else decides, I will be buying a harpoon and saving it for Hess.

IMO...Hess has to eat or starve...either way won't work...how about if he's on a lynch train of a bomb as well...that could be another way to kill him.

Comes back to Christine's point...if we need a bomb plus a harpoon...way too complicated unless there are multiple quints...

BTW...WTF happened to CTM?

CURRENT VOTE COUNT:

APE ( 1 ) - Christine

WOMBAT ( 5 ) - JiF, Verb, AVM, 80, Hess

JF80 ( 2 ) - Wombat, Smash

LILY ( 1 ) - Ape

With 15 players, it takes 8 to lynch.

@QUINTS

SMC - harpoon

Wombat - harpoon

Leelou - harpoon

JiF - harpoon

Smash - harpoon

Lily - harpoon

Christine - harpoon

Ape - harpoon

Hess - harpoon

Or perhaps Quint is souped up himself?

Still risky...Hess could have eaten quint, or quint could have been lynched, if not once then twice, just don't see the game mechanics...DPR had to build in a method to kill the shark in case we lose the quint...unless multiple quints or back ups...similar to the multiple bomb and back up bombs.

Right now could vote:

Ape: Just cause.

Anyone who already used the harpoon...they are already at a competitive disadvantage.

IMO...Hess has to eat or starve...either way won't work...how about if he's on a lynch train of a bomb as well...that could be another way to kill him.

Comes back to Christine's point...if we need a bomb plus a harpoon...way too complicated unless there are multiple quints...

BTW...WTF happened to CTM?

I agree that Hess has to eat or starve. Really doubt there are multiple Quints. Not buying harpoons is a really big gamble imo. It would mean we would have to gamble on Hess hitting the bomb instead of the scum. Chances would be slightly better were two backup bomb claims not already outed. My stance is softening a bit but I still think harpoons are the way to go.

Still risky...Hess could have eaten quint, or quint could have been lynched, if not once then twice, just don't see the game mechanics...DPR had to build in a method to kill the shark in case we lose the quint...unless multiple quints or back ups...similar to the multiple bomb and back up bombs.

Right now could vote:

Ape: Just cause.

Anyone who already used the harpoon...they are already at a competitive disadvantage.

I think that is only Christine? Mine were not from Quint.

If Hess is forced to eat every day it makes sense. If not it doesn't and we're screwed; we're not coordinating a harpoon attack on him anytime soon.

Maybe we should just keep voting Hess and see what happens. This is Jaws Mafia. He HAS to die.

Vote: Hess

CURRENT VOTE COUNT:

APE ( 2 ) - Christine, Wombat

WOMBAT ( 4 ) - JiF, Verb, AVM, Hess

JF80 ( 1 ) - Smash

LILY ( 1 ) - Ape

HESS ( 2 ) - SMC, 80

With 15 players, it takes 8 to lynch.

@QUINTS

SMC - harpoon

Wombat - harpoon

Leelou - harpoon