Antonio Allen Added To Practice Squad

JetNation

Jets round seven draft pick safety Antonio Allen has been signed to the practice squad after being waived according to Brian Costello of the New York Post:

Allen now joins: OT Paul Cornick, LB Marcus Dowtin, DB Donnie Fletcher, WR Royce Pollard, LB Ricky Sapp, TE Hayden Smith and WR Jordan White on the Jets practice squad.

So now two of those four "failed" late picks are on the practice squad? Good.

I'm actually very happy about this. I thought he looked pretty good, and I don't have a ton of faith in Landry staying healthy, or in Bell in general.

zOMG! A 7th round pick that doesn't get claimed????? Evidence of terrible drafting. And then to actually bring him back after every team in the league rejects him??? Are you kidding me Tanny?

:0

lol

what will really blow everybodies minds is that if the jets need to add a safety during the season......allen won't get promoted, they'll sign a veteran street free agent

like every team does every season

yet every off season we see the same nonsense around here

oy

:0

lol

what will really blow everybodies minds is that if the jets need to add a safety during the season......allen won't get promoted, they'll sign a veteran street free agent

like every team does every season

yet every off season we see the same nonsense around here

oy

We're too close to the action around here. It's hard to be objective when you're this deep in sometimes.

Wait, what? I thought Tanny cutting him was a sure sign that he had a ticket out of NY.

Weird.

Super confusing isn't it? To let a guy go for the sole purpose of getting sh*tcanned, only to bring him back? Make up your mind Tanny.

Super confusing isn't it? To let a guy go for the sole purpose of getting sh*tcanned, only to bring him back? Make up your mind Tanny.

you cant sign them to practice squad until after you release them and they clear waivers

then you can add them to your squad

you cant sign them to practice squad until after you release them and they clear waivers

then you can add them to your squad

I understand that Jim. I was simply having a little fun with the folks who said Tanny was cutting 6th and 7th rounders to purposely get himself fired.

Archived