The Niners dismantling the Packers yesterday shows teams without 'elite' QB's can win the Super Bowl

Matt39

Yet the Packers still made that a contest. If the Niners were vastly superior like you say then it shouldn't have been a 30-22 final.

The Niners need all 52 guys surrounding Smith to be on point to win a game like that. The Packers just need Rodgers to play a little better than he did (which was quite well by the end).

thanks to twenty blocks in the back not being called on one play where they returned the TD ;)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

come talk to me at the end of the year when Alex Smith approaces 30 TD's and single digit Ints .... And if you think San Fran is one hit wonder like Ive seen you mention you can refer to the first sentence in this post . See ya in week 17.

The guy is a former #1 overall pick, in his 8th year in the league and has never even broken 20 TDs. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one if I were you. I've actually said I fully expect them to win their division with ease, but wasn't about to be convinced they were amongst the leagues best after just one year of an admittedly great defense with a decidedly mediocre offense, especially given them having a substantially more difficult schedule this season. With that said, yesterday was certainly a nice start to possibly proving me wrong.

But in the end, while it is possible they could be a better team than I expected them to be this season, this idea that, to quote you: "San Francisco is by far the best team in the NFL in every phase including the kicking game and ST" is absolutely absurd. Just read what you wrote again. BY FAR in EVERY phase? I mean... seriously?

oh boy what ? Think Alex Smith cant put up those numbers ? Or is it that San Fran wont pad QB numbers by throwing for TD's with first and goal at the 3 yard line ?

Moss Manningham Crabtree Ginn jr Gore Hunter Davis ...Interesting group no ?

It's not that, it's just that the thought of not being able to talk to you saddens me.

But in the end, while it is possible they could be a better team than I expected them to be this season, this idea that, to quote you: "San Francisco is by far the best team in the NFL in every phase including the kicking game and ST" is absolutely absurd. Just read what you wrote again. BY FAR in EVERY phase? I mean... seriously?

Overreaction Monday, indeed.

The guy is a former #1 overall pick, in his 8th year in the league and has never even broken 20 TDs. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one if I were you. I've actually said I fully expect them to win their division with ease, but wasn't about to be convinced they were amongst the leagues best after just one year of an admittedly great defense with a decidedly mediocre offense, especially given them having a substantially more difficult schedule this season. With that said, yesterday was certainly a nice start to possibly proving me wrong.

They already are one of the best defenses , kicking game pretty much the best there as well. Superior ST but that can change from year to year so no telling. Offense they added Moss and Manningham to an alreay very effeicient offense which will make them much more explosive. This is the first time In Alex Smiths career he has not had a dysfunctionl coaching staff and the first time hes had the same coordinator for 2 years in a row and I think thats huge. Without injury this team may very well be destined to win it all. Only the Giants disgusting streak of luck beat them last year when Williams fumbled the game away to the Giants. Sorry but I dont see a weakness. They also happen to be one of the few teams other than the Jets who are capable of shuting down an elite QB .I dont see a weakness. They are by far the best team in the NFL I know I said every phase and that was a bit of an exaggeration on my part but if you can name me a weakness I would be glad to hear it.

Overreaction Monday, indeed.

Nope sorry I been saying this from last year through the preseason and I stated last year after the ass lucky Giants got by them that they would beef up the offense with WR's and thats exactly what they did. I picked the Niners to win the SB this year and I picked them to beat GB first game of the season so does all that count as over reacting ?

come talk to me at the end of the year when Alex Smith approaces 30 TD's and single digit Ints .... And if you think San Fran is one hit wonder like Ive seen you mention you can refer to the first sentence in this post . See ya in week 17.

Green Bay's defense is garbage.

If Alex Smith played them every week then maybe you would be right.

oh boy what ? Think Alex Smith cant put up those numbers ? Or is it that San Fran wont pad QB numbers by throwing for TD's with first and goal at the 3 yard line ?

Moss Manningham Crabtree Ginn jr Gore Hunter Davis ...Interesting group no ?

Best case scenario, he has settled into the perfect level of mediocrity. Just as likely, last year was a fluke and he reverts to being a less than mediocre QB. No way in Hades does he put up those numbers.

Archived