Who can we poach from the Giants scout department?

Integrity28

Seriously, these ****ing guys seem to never run out of RBs, WRs or pass rushers.

Every year it seems the Giants lose a key WR, and every year they add someone to their stable that has a higher ceiling that the guys that leave.

Also, anyone saying Eli isn't elite is ridiculous... because as much as I laud these young WRs of theirs, I'm quite positive that Eli is a major contributor to the perception that they are awesome.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, these ****ing guys seem to never run out of RBs, WRs or pass rushers.

Every year it seems the Giants lose a key WR, and every year they add someone to their stable that has a higher ceiling that the guys that leave.

Also, anyone saying Eli isn't elite is ridiculous... because as much as I laud these young WRs of theirs, I'm quite positive that Eli is a major contributor to the perception that they are awesome.

Dead on , on all points.

Its interesting the way the Giants always seem banged up but yet have a stable of backups ready to play. I guess years of solid drafts and not trading for other teams problems using draft picks works pretty well. I'm sure there is a lesson in there for the Jets and Trader Mike the bean counter.

Really?

If the Jets were to develope a player, the Jets fans would be screaming bust after the first 6 games of the rookie season

Barden hasn't done sh1t on 3 seasons

Andre Brown was cut 6 or 7 times, after the Gnats cut him.

In bardens defense

Hes Had Hakeem Nicks

Victor Cruz

Steve Smith

Hixon

Always in front of him.. Hes now really getting his big first shot

And Barden also was a project coming out of college to

Really?

If the Jets were to develope a player, the Jets fans would be screaming bust after the first 6 games of the rookie season

Barden hasn't done sh1t on 3 seasons

Andre Brown was cut 6 or 7 times, after the Gnats cut him.

I find it amusing that u decide to go after the guy who agreed with the OP and not the OP. When is the last time a jet cut or not, or a player who hasn't done anything in 3 years exploded for the jets?

I find it amusing that u decide to go after the guy who agreed with the OP and not the OP. When is the last time a jet cut or not, or a player who hasn't done anything in 3 years exploded for the jets?

My point exactly....Jets fans won't allow the team to develope players

Look at Vlad....he'll probably turn out to be a stud....who knows

If I bought the Jets tomorrow, I'd fire Tannenbaum, hire a new GM, and tell him to dedicate 98% of the scouting budget to finding a quarterback immediately. Maybe two.

Sanchez f-with us in the worst way

He show signs of awesomeness (Buffalo) then once again at the Steelers for 1 quarter

THen sh1ts the bed for 3 quarters

I still have hope for the guy (WHat choice do we have)

Jon, what bearing does fan impatience have on a player's development? Does Vlad sucking have anything to do with the fans?

No, but it is what it is....I see you screaming at times that Vlad suck, Mark sucks.....sometimes it takes a few years

WHen we were younger, QB's rarely started their rookie year, no matter when they were drafted

Kareem McKenzie sat for us for 3 years, before he got his shot........Look at Jonathan Goodwin, who Jets fans hated, went elsewhere and became a perennial pro bowler

You are correct, but the point is that us the fans have 0 bearing on that.

My point was Jets fans would not have the patience that Giants fans having players like Barden, and Brown develope....yes, we have zero to do with it outside voicing our displeasure

Giants can do that, and moreso the GM can do that due to their recent success and SB's

Tanny would be grilled if he kept a guy like Barden around, who barely even made his team this summer

No, but it is what it is....I see you screaming at times that Vlad suck, Mark sucks.....sometimes it takes a few years

WHen we were younger, QB's rarely started their rookie year, no matter when they were drafted

Kareem McKenzie sat for us for 3 years, before he got his shot........Look at Jonathan Goodwin, who Jets fans hated, went elsewhere and became a perennial pro bowler

Sanchez, today, isn't as good as RGIII and Andrew Luck are, today. He's past the point where you can give him the benefit of the doubt, IMO. He is what he is.

My point was Jets fans would not have the patience that Giants fans having players like Barden, and Brown develope....yes, we have zero to do with it outside voicing our displeasure

Giants can do that, and moreso the GM can do that due to their recent success and SB's

Tanny would be grilled if he kept a guy like Barden around, who barely even made his team this summer

Easy to let players develop while the ones in front of them are winning super bowls.

Just an awful comparison.

My point exactly....Jets fans won't allow the team to develope players

Look at Vlad....he'll probably turn out to be a stud....who knows

Fans don't pick the players, and they don't decide when to cut the players. Nothing about this point you are making is relevant.

The reason the Jets fans get impatient with young players is because we NEED them to replace the veteran players, because the veteran players we have usually suck.

The Giants have good veterans. So there is not an immediate demand from their FO or fans (as irrelevant as that is) for the noobs to deliver right away.

Their situation and ours... polar opposites.

Archived