Jets fans in Japan...FOR REALZ!!!

CobraVerde

So im in Japan on vacation. Im kinda arrgh cause im not sure yet if ill get to see todays game against the fins. Since im from Miami it's always a big deal. I cant even remember the last time i missed a Jets vs Dolphin game. Unfortunately mostly everything including the sports bars around here close after 11pm/12am and the game in Japan time will be on around 1am. Thank god for free internet at the hotel im staying at. Hopefully ill be able to stream it no probs.

Anyway, im walking to Shinjuku Station wearing my Jets jacket and hat (it is sunday already here) and this Japanese guy walks by and yells, J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets!. It was freaking awesome. i couldnt stop smiling the entire way to Yokohama. And on tv they were just showing this special about how to play flag football. Apparently American football is really big here in Japan. NFL needs to stop doing seasonal games in England and start having them here in Tokyo instead of occasionally during preseason. People get riled up big time for sports. I caught a Sumo match and that was off the chain. I really want to watch a baseball game in Osaka but the team will be on an away game while im there so im going to have to settle for a bar. Anyway thought you peeps would like to know that the Jets are popular even here which is honestly the last place id expect! =D

I have a ton of friends in Japan, all the gifts I bring them are Jets gear.

I saw a young kid wearing a Patriots cap. I struck up a convo and he said he didn't know who they were and it was just a hat to him. His hat was raggedy. I offered a trade, for my fitted Mitchell and Ness. He took it.

Score 1 for us. Negative ten for the Patriots.

Ganbatte kudasai! Show them what a "maniac" (man-i-yak) you are. Stay baka, in a good way, man! By the way, if you find your way back to Shinjuku, and are standing in front of Bic Camera, make your way to the KFC sign on your right and hang a right. On the right hand side of the street you will find Sushi Go Round -- the best kai-ten sushi this side of Hokkaido. No frills and ridiculously reasonable. Super quality. Ice cold nama beeru.

Relatedly, there's a lot of Jets swag in the Dominican. I don't know if the NFL or the Jets funnel it down there after hurricanes or what, but a lot of dudes had Jets hats on.

Also, when I was leaving the airport, the JetBlue liaison guy looked at my Jets shirt and said, "Jets, huh? They're gonna suck this year." Dude was a Jets fan from Staten Island. Bonded instantly. No, I didn't **** him.

Relatedly, there's a lot of Jets swag in the Dominican. I don't know if the NFL or the Jets funnel it down there after hurricanes or what, but a lot of dudes had Jets hats on.

Also, when I was leaving the airport, the JetBlue liaison guy looked at my Jets shirt and said, "Jets, huh? They're gonna suck this year." Dude was a Jets fan from Staten Island. Bonded instantly. No, I didn't **** him.

You at least have him a hand job. Don't lie.

I have a ton of friends in Japan, all the gifts I bring them are Jets gear.

I saw a young kid wearing a Patriots cap. I struck up a convo and he said he didn't know who they were and it was just a hat to him. His hat was raggedy. I offered a trade, for my fitted Mitchell and Ness. He took it.

Score 1 for us. Negative ten for the Patriots.

BREAKING: pointman owns a Patriots hat

is it true the chinese are sending warships into japans waters ? if so, come back soon !

Yeah its a bunch of bullsh*t over a pair of rocks seriously. Its all over the news here. They rioted in china and ****ed up a bunch of japanese stores and restaurants. here in japan no one seemed to notice except for the news. Im in Yokohama now which has a Chinatown. i was gonna hit it up tomorrow to see if there was anything. I saw on the news they were hanging huge chinese flags to protest. It seems like the chinese are seriously getting worked up only to take an opportunity to show that they still hate the japs. The islands are inhabitable, they look smaller than the ships they are sending. its seems as stupid as the muslims getting pissed over that dumb movie that no one even knew existed till they started rioting.

Yeah its a bunch of bullsh*t over a pair of rocks seriously. Its all over the news here. They rioted in china and ****ed up a bunch of japanese stores and restaurants. here in japan no one seemed to notice except for the news. Im in Yokohama now which has a Chinatown. i was gonna hit it up tomorrow to see if there was anything. I saw on the news they were hanging huge chinese flags to protest. It seems like the chinese are seriously getting worked up only to take an opportunity to show that they still hate the japs. The islands are inhabitable, they look smaller than the ships they are sending. its seems as stupid as the muslims getting pissed over that dumb movie that no one even knew existed till they started rioting.

Not so much about the islands as much as the oil underwater. Nobody really cared who had ownership of the islands until that was found.

Archived