Just want to vent to fellow JETS fans

ptgrd7

Look I dont post on here too often but I have been depressed being a Jets fan for too long. Hoping I can vent to some NY JETS die hards. This is my opinion on all the negatives surrounding this team right now:

I have been a Sanchez supporter since the day he got drafted and have defended him for his whole career, however after last week I found myself finally ready to accept that his time has come to an end. What is frustrating though is after I really look deep into the situation I still find myself finding excuses. Look Mark Sanchez will NEVER, EVER be a Drew Brees, tom brady, Aaron Rodgers type. BUT every quarterback in the NFL especially those drafted in the 1 st round have the talent and potential to succeed, its all about situation. Coaching and mentoring is huge but so is star power. Mark has had none of that. Terrible, confusing coaching, terrible ownership and management who have changed his WR corps every year hes been in the league. When did Sanchez look his best? When he had Braylon Edwards taking the top off the defense and Tone setting it up in the middle of the field. Braylon and Mark had chemistry and what happened? management sent Braylon packing. Our defense is pretty talented except for the fact that they are sooo slow it really doesnt matter. And to top it all of Shonn Greene is the worst rb in the game so the whole getting back to the "ground and pound" is irrelevant.

What is the most important part of a defense? not a star cb, its all about d line and getting to the quarterback. I cant stand watching every quarterback we play having all the time in the world to throw the ball, its pathetic. This team is not that talented and that is managements fault. They are actually one of the least talented teams in the league and over REX's era they have never been that talented, however the team used to play for him. NOW? now they just quit at the first sign of adversity.

Im sorry this is long and I know most of you will post that its too long. Just wanted to vent guys. Sorry

Look I dont post on here too often but I have been depressed being a Jets fan for too long.

Please post more. It helps with the healing. Its like free psych help.

Hoping I can vent to some NY JETS die hards.

I wouldnt call us diehards, more like mentally unstable.

This is my opinion on all the negatives surrounding this team right now:

I have been a Sanchez supporter since the day he got drafted and have defended him for his whole career, however after last week I found myself finally ready to accept that his time has come to an end. What is frustrating though is after I really look deep into the situation I still find myself finding excuses. Look Mark Sanchez will NEVER, EVER be a Drew Brees, tom brady, Aaron Rodgers type. BUT every quarterback in the NFL especially those drafted in the 1 st round have the talent and potential to succeed, its all about situation.

This is whats sad... We dont need Mark to be a Top 5 QB. We need Mark to be Mark that we saw a few years ago. What happened?? Who knows... Sh!tty coaching. Sh!tty play calling. Sh!tty players around him. And he failed to develop. Blame is everywhere. But if anyone really thought Sanchize was going to be a Top 5 QB had their head stuck in the sand right from the get-go.

Coaching and mentoring is huge but so is star power. Mark has had none of that. Terrible, confusing coaching, terrible ownership and management who have changed his WR corps every year hes been in the league. When did Sanchez look his best? When he had Braylon Edwards taking the top off the defense and Tone setting it up in the middle of the field. Braylon and Mark had chemistry and what happened? management sent Braylon packing. Our defense is pretty talented except for the fact that they are sooo slow it really doesnt matter. And to top it all of Shonn Greene is the worst rb in the game so the whole getting back to the "ground and pound" is irrelevant.

Its more than just 1 Wide Receiver... But I agree with you.

What is the most important part of a defense? not a star cb, its all about d line and getting to the quarterback. I cant stand watching every quarterback we play having all the time in the world to throw the ball, its pathetic. This team is not that talented and that is managements fault. They are actually one of the least talented teams in the league and over REX's era they have never been that talented, however the team used to play for him. NOW? now they just quit at the first sign of adversity.

Im sorry this is long and I know most of you will post that its too long. Just wanted to vent guys. Sorry

TL:DR :lol:

What is weird about the defense is they really havent been as terrible as the scoreboard says... but they are FAR from what we hoped for or expected. How in the world we consistently cannot get pressure on the QB is amazing. I think too many people drink the Rexy Kool-Aid and just expect the defense will be Top-5. Well... sometimes its more than just coaching... but with this team I think its a sh!t storm that has the entire team being at fault. The only way to fix things quickly is to clean house with the coaching staff, and begin to formulate a plan to build a winning team.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you post more. JN needs you. Jets need you.

Look I dont post on here too often but I have been depressed being a Jets fan for too long. Hoping I can vent to some NY JETS die hards. This is my opinion on all the negatives surrounding this team right now:

I have been a Sanchez supporter since the day he got drafted and have defended him for his whole career, however after last week I found myself finally ready to accept that his time has come to an end. What is frustrating though is after I really look deep into the situation I still find myself finding excuses. Look Mark Sanchez will NEVER, EVER be a Drew Brees, tom brady, Aaron Rodgers type. BUT every quarterback in the NFL especially those drafted in the 1 st round have the talent and potential to succeed, its all about situation. Coaching and mentoring is huge but so is star power. Mark has had none of that. Terrible, confusing coaching, terrible ownership and management who have changed his WR corps every year hes been in the league. When did Sanchez look his best? When he had Braylon Edwards taking the top off the defense and Tone setting it up in the middle of the field. Braylon and Mark had chemistry and what happened? management sent Braylon packing. Our defense is pretty talented except for the fact that they are sooo slow it really doesnt matter. And to top it all of Shonn Greene is the worst rb in the game so the whole getting back to the "ground and pound" is irrelevant.

Nice post ptgrd7 :) your pretty much right on the money. I have soured on this entire organization as well. Im also of the opinion this team did nothing for its QB. Sure they tried but when you look at how they went about it, it was half assed and thats the very short explanation.

Its time for a rebuild. Thats not as bad as it used to be when a rebuild could take 3-5 years. In todays NFL were probably looking at 2-3 years IF we get the right people in here to pull it off. That means firing EVERYONE from the GM to the Back door GM (Badway) to the entire scouting staff and all the coaches.

This organization needs a different direction in a big way and I think most are sick of the clown act we have been through those times with the coaching debacles of the mid 70's to the Joe Walton Era when everyone saw we were one of the most talented teams in the NFL but could not consistently win to the Mess of the Mid 90's with Rish Kotite all the way to the Herm/Rex Era. I would put Mangini in that group but I think he really did a good job here building the team he was just not cut out for a head Coaching gig.

If I had the choice right now I would either give the GM job to Charlie Casserly because hes been in the league and is capable of building a football organization from the ground up and installing a competent scouting staff or I would even consider Hiring an Eric Mangini to be GM since I think he would fit that position nicely. But we all know Woody would never do that (Manigni) so If Casserly is not the guy then I have no idea who else we could possibly use.

If this team tries to do this with Rex and Tanny in place Im not sure I can stomach the outcome. I love this team but I have been through enough the past 40 + years

If I had the choice right now I would either give the GM job to Charlie Casserly because hes been in the league and is capable of building a football organization from the ground up and installing a competent scouting staff or I would even consider Hiring an Eric Mangini to be GM since I think he would fit that position nicely. But we all know Woody would never do that (Manigni) so If Casserly is not the guy then I have no idea who else we could possibly use.

I can wave my dick at things and make loud noises so Rex would like me. Anything Tanny brings to the table I can hire a CPA to do fairly cheap. Just saying I think I could be a good GM candidate

I can wave my dick at things and make loud noises so Rex would like me. Anything Tanny brings to the table I can hire a CPA to do fairly cheap. Just saying I think I could be a good GM candidate

YOUR HIRED !!!! Can I be the Director of Player personnel ??

All you need to know about Sanchez was his fumble on Sunday. The Jets are in FG postion. he ducks one defender. At that point either tuck the ball under to brace for a sack or dump it off. Either way, PROTECT THE BALL and keep your drive going for a potential score. Instead he takes the ball down with one hand like a loaf of bread and gets sacked and fumbles. And we have seen that over and over; he doesn't get it. It has NOTHING to do with coaches nor the OL nor receivers. Those all might make for a marginal improvment as they really did in 2009 and 2010. But when you don't have the poise nor presence to understand why protecting the ball there is so important the rest doesn't matter. And further when Sanchez is that inaccurate and cannot throw deep effectively, it's a debacle. But if he was tough and smart, you might still have something even with the inadequacies. But he still makes poor decisions like that in year 4. ENOUGH.

Nice post ptgrd7 :) your pretty much right on the money. I have soured on this entire organization as well. Im also of the opinion this team did nothing for its QB. Sure they tried but when you look at how they went about it, it was half assed and thats the very short explanation.

Its time for a rebuild. Thats not as bad as it used to be when a rebuild could take 3-5 years. In todays NFL were probably looking at 2-3 years IF we get the right people in here to pull it off. That means firing EVERYONE from the GM to the Back door GM (Badway) to the entire scouting staff and all the coaches.

This organization needs a different direction in a big way and I think most are sick of the clown act we have been through those times with the coaching debacles of the mid 70's to the Joe Walton Era when everyone saw we were one of the most talented teams in the NFL but could not consistently win to the Mess of the Mid 90's with Rish Kotite all the way to the Herm/Rex Era. I would put Mangini in that group but I think he really did a good job here building the team he was just not cut out for a head Coaching gig.

If this team tries to do this with Rex and Tanny in place Im not sure I can stomach the outcome. I love this team but I have been through enough the past 40 + years

Or we could end up like the Bills, Rams, or Browns and suck forever

All you need to know about Sanchez was his fumble on Sunday. The Jets are in FG postion. he ducks one defender. At that point either tuck the ball under to brace for a sack or dump it off. Either way, PROTECT THE BALL and keep your drive going for a potential score. Instead he takes the ball down with one hand like a loaf of bread and gets sacked and fumbles. And we have seen that over and over; he doesn't get it. It has NOTHING to do with coaches nor the OL nor receivers. Those all might make for a marginal improvment as they really did in 2009 and 2010. But when you don't have the poise nor presence to understand why protecting the ball there is so important the rest doesn't matter. And further when Sanchez is that inaccurate and cannot throw deep effectively, it's a debacle. But if he was tough and smart, you might still have something even with the inadequacies. But he still makes poor decisions like that in year 4. ENOUGH.

No, no, no.

It's the incompetent organization that's responsible for this. No way that his former QB coach OC, his actual QB coach, his #2 QB who was nothing more than another QB coach, or his red-yellow-green HC ever tried to stress protecting the ball and knowing what the situation was. None of these people ever made effort in this regard. Sanchez's continued absentmindedness in this area is obviously all the proof that is needed.

Or we could end up like the Bills, Rams, or Browns and suck forever

Rams won a SB about 10 years ago. Bills went to 4 SB's in a row while people here are still fellating themselves over back 2 back AFC championships and the Browns are an basically an expansion team. I by no means am implying they don't suck but you're lying to yourself if you don't think we're on the same level of ineptitude

No, no, no.

It's the incompetent organization that's responsible for this. No way that his former QB coach OC, his actual QB coach, his #2 QB who was nothing more than another QB coach, or his red-yellow-green HC ever tried to stress protecting the ball and knowing what the situation was. None of these people ever made effort in this regard. Sanchez's continued absentmindedness in this area is obviously all the proof that is needed.

Joe Girardi taught him to slide

Archived