Today's Rex Quotes!

Ryno the Jet

Kristian Dyer@KristianRDyer

Ryan said that Schillens and Gates need to step-up with Holmes down.

Kimberley A. Martin@KMart_LI

"As far as us quitting, there's no way," Rex responding to Carlos Rogers' comments #nyj

Brian Costello@BrianCoz

Rex said Jets defense did not play to their standards but they did not quit in response to Carlos Rogers #nyj

Dennis Waszak Jr.@DWAZ73

Rex on Carlos Rogers' comments that #Jets' defense quit: "There's no way. We got beat."

"We do have to rally around each other," Rex said, drawing comparison to 2009 w Jenkins/Leon W. #nyj

Dennis Waszak Jr.@DWAZ73

Rex Ryan: "My team can't play like this. That's not who we are." #Jets

Jets RapidReports@CBSJets

49ers Karlos Dansby accused #Jets defense of quitting. Rex Ryan: "As far as us quitting there's no way, that wasn't the case. We got beat."

Dan Leberfeld@jetswhispers

New Jets wide receiver Jason Hill has world class speed. #nyj

Dennis Waszak Jr.@DWAZ73

Holmes' Lisfranc injury will require surgery, but Rex Ryan says team is optimistic that he'll make a full recovery and be back. #Jets

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN

Rex on Carlos Rogers' claim that Jets D quit: "There's no way. That wasn't the case... There's no quit" says team was fatigued tho #nyj

Rich Cimini@RichCimini

Rex on Rogers rip job: "There's no quit" in our defense. #Jets

Rex said Holmes news will test "resolve of our team," but he believes that's a strength of #jets

Greg Logan@GregLogan1

On Carlos Rogers saying Jets quit, Ryan says "No way We got beat."

Dennis Waszak Jr.@DWAZ73

Rex: "I think we wore down a little at the end of the game, but there's no quit." #Jets

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN

Rex says he respects Plaxico Burress, but he was looking for younger and faster wideouts. #nyj

Rex on possibly signing Burress: "Plaxico is someone I have a great deal of respect for...looking for guys a little younger - more speed."

Rex asked re: Plax: "We're trying to look for guys a lil younger, w more speed." #nyj

Dennis Waszak Jr.@DWAZ73

Jason Hill, signed today by #Jets, has 76 catches and 8 TDs in 3 NFL seasons with 49ers and Jaguars

Rex on the Texans: "I'd rather play Summit High School than this team." Right now, Summit is 4-0 and No. 29 in the state.

Rex: "My team can't play like this. That's not who we are." #nyj

Greg Logan@GregLogan1

Ryan: Dud we get fatigued? We wore down a bit. #nyj "my team can't play like this. We got beat to punch. SF was more physical. " #nyj

"I much rather play Summit HS" than @HoustonTexans -- Rex #nyj

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN

Rex Ryan: "How many people will feel sorry for the NYJ Jets? I know the answer.... Nobody" #nyj

Dennis Waszak Jr.@DWAZ73

Rex: "Woe is me? How many people are going to feel sorry for the NY #Jets? I know the answer to that: nobody."

Rex: "We're a resilient football team."

Dennis Waszak Jr.@DWAZ73

RT @AP_NFL #Jets WR Santonio Holmes out for rest of season with foot injury http://apne.ws/QPC3bf (@DWAZ73) #nfl

Last yr, Rex playfully confronted Jason Hill after comments re: Revis/ #nyj: "Dude, are u serious? You're not even playing."

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN

Rex on Jason Hill, who talked trash about Revis in past: "We'll probably have 10 people jump him"

Greg Logan@GregLogan1

Ryan: "We gave to be more efficient in running game. That's something we're looking to do. " #nyj

Dennis Waszak Jr.@DWAZ73

Rex says Keller and Stephen Hill will not practice today, so #Jets could be without them again vs. #Texans

Greg Logan@GregLogan1

Powell started over Greene at RBI because of personnel group, on field more because of third-down offense. Believe it or don't. #nyj

Rex on Keller: "I'm not sure...I don't think he's practicing today though." Stephen Hill is also out today. #NYJ

Greg Logan@GregLogan1

"This is a resilient DB team. There is no doubt." #nyj

Despite snap count totals b/t Shonn Greene & Bilal Powell, Rex said Greene still is No. 1 back #nyj

"We may get beat again," said Rex, but he won't ever question character of the guys in his locker rm. #nyj

Greg Logan@GregLogan1

No Dustin Keller and no Stephen Hill today in practice. They have extra day to get healthy for Monday night. #nyj

Jets RapidReports@CBSJets

Rex Ryan said Dustin Keller and Stephen Hill will not practice today, still dealing with their respective hamstring injuries. #Jets

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN

Rookie WR Stephen Hill (hamstring) also will not practice today. #nyj

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN

Rex Ryan says he is "really not sure" about Keller's availability vs Texans. He will not practice today (hamstring) #nyj

Rex not sure about Dustin Keller. Said he won't practice. Neither will Stephen Hill. #nyj

Rex can say all he wants, but this team quit, Well I sure hope they quit, since if that's trying then we are F*cked! - I knew the offenced was bad but the run defence is garbage.

The Texans ground game will smash this team for 300 yards, plus Wilson on Johnson I don't want to think about. The 9'er O is a ball control offence but Texans have dynamic playmakers.

I can't see how we Win 8 games unless Aliens come down and replace our Offence and Run D overnight. Any way I hope we do crash and burn since we need to rebuild and drafting early is needed.

Cowher and a new G.M is what I'm ordering for Christmas, and I think Santa may be on his way....

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN

Rex on Jason Hill, who talked trash about Revis in past: "We'll probably have 10 people jump him"

Always good to get a reminder that this is the mentality of Rex. Somewhere in that pea brain of his, he thinks this is a comment appropriate for a head football coach in the NFL.

So, other than high school boys and degenerate meatheads, who does he think he's entertaining with these "jokes".

What isn't fair is that it is a built-in excuse for all of them...

Built in excuse for whom? Rex and Tanny will use it, but you know full well they won't use it for Sanchez because Woody wants to get Tebow out there ASAP.

I know its easy to pile on when the chips are down.

But all those criticizing what Rex is saying tell me what would you expect him to say ? Oh my god the season is done and we are over and we will just show up physically for the games because we have to.

It's a tough situation. And any HC would be saying the same stuff. We will fight, we will get better and the season is not over.

Archived