Not over yet.

sh4dy15

this is drama-queen-ism. the better team would probably have a lead, at some point. they played great but they are still not the better team.

At some point, you mean like with 1 second left?

It was a tough loss more than a bad loss. It could either make or break the team.

I think they do. For sure. I see them getting 5-6 wins during the 2nd half of the season.

Agreed. They were all over the skinny post. Dont think it worked once all game.

///goes to puke

So many moments made me sick. When Hill dropped that pass....I just sat there in shock. I could not believe what was on the verge of happening and then disappeared in a split second.

Does anyone else actually see this offense starting to gel? This is the second game now that we have had our full receiving corp (minus Holmes) out there and they are starting to do some good things. Hopefully each week we see progress and definitely better decision making by Sanchez. You just never know what can happen with this team.

There is no gimmies with this team. I would not be shocked if we won 4 more games, then again, I would not be shocked if we won 7. It's that kind of season and that kind of team.

Next week is our playoff game. If we lose to Dolphins then its a huge uphill climb. We are 2-1 in the division and will 3-1 in the division if we win.

One thing going for us is we have all of remaining division games at home.

100% agree, Rex, and his staff should be approaching this game as a win, and in, lose, and go home, and then if they do win take the week off, and prepare the team like its a road playoff game against Seattle, win those 2 games, and you have your rematch with the Pats to play for the division lead for the 2nd time this season, if you tried to tell people that after the SF game they would have laughed at you, now it's very possible.

The season is not even halfway over, and I feel like we have gone on a bigger roller coaster ride than 2009 already, it is either going to end on Sunday, or just hit the peak of the drop, you know that part, click, click, click, click, click, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Jets have a good chance next week if they don't fall into some kind of Patriots hangover.

The Jets have looked like a better team since bottoming out against the 49ers. The play has been decent. The slaughtered Indy and barely lost to Houston and New England. The Dolphins have improved but not THAT much - Jets should take this one.

Is this the part of the season where we all pretend we're not out of it and act like we're still going to make the playoffs?

I love this part.

You're close, after next week ... sounds about right

Is this the part of the season where we all pretend we're not out of it and act like we're still going to make the playoffs?

I love this part.

The only team that should be bridge-jumping right now are Bills fans. That defense is giving up a lot of points and Fitzpatrick is not the quarterback that will make up the difference. From what I saw yesterday your Jets team looked improved over the one that we played earlier in the season. It should be a good game on Sunday.

The only team that should be bridge-jumping right now are Bills fans. That defense is giving up a lot of points and Fitzpatrick is not the quarterback that will make up the difference. From what I saw yesterday your Jets team looked improved over the one that we played earlier in the season. It should be a good game on Sunday.

No. It shouldnt. The Jets "should", clobber the Dolphags. Rookie QB on the road (which have been his worst games so far) facing a team who is pretty much in a must win situation. The Jets should handle you like they did the Colts, granted the Dolphags have a much better defense.

However, this is a division game and often times common logic is thrown out the window.

Dolphags are a tough team. I told people that they'd surprise a few teams but the Jets should win convincingly, IMO, but they most likely wont.

No. It shouldnt. The Jets "should", clobber the Dolphags. Rookie QB on the road (which have been his worst games so far) facing a team who is pretty much in a must win situation. The Jets should handle you like they did the Colts, granted the Dolphags have a much better defense.

However, this is a division game and often times common logic is thrown out the window.

Dolphags are a tough team. I told people that they'd surprise a few teams but the Jets should win convincingly, IMO, but they most likely wont.

rolltide lookin like we will clash, long way to go though, tide going thru tough part of schedule now

rolltide lookin like we will clash, long way to go though, tide going thru tough part of schedule now

Yep. You guys are getting put through the ringer next 3 weeks. If we get by the Dawgs this week...ATLANTA here we come!!!

We're very fortunate Jets fans having a college team who can win it any year. lol

Wow I didn't know a DLine, OLine, and a secondary can win games all by themselves, even more impressive when their coaching stinks. We must have HOFers at every position on those units.

Ok my sarcasm is done, your right there are a lot of problems with certain positions, but they are not problems that can't be fixed, and TBH if only one of those problems gets fixed (QB) this team can beat any team in the AFC, and I don't mean any given Sunday, I mean they would be the better team.

Also the coaching aspect isn't as big of a problem as most think, the coaching is IMO excellent from Tuesday till the 4th quarter, Rex, and Tony just need to realize conservative isn't going to win against elite QB's in this league, that is my only gripe with yesterday, Tony got Soft after the fumbled kick, and Rex in turn got soft on his COVERAGES on the final drive, I don't have a problem with the not blitzing, I think Brady will burn you more if you blitz, I have a problem with backing off the coverage, Rex should have stayed with the game plan for the final drive, hopefully they both can learn from this.

This season is far from over, IF the Jets don't put their heads down, and take the whoa is me approach to yesterday's outcome, they will get a chance to play this same NE Patriots team for the same prize winner takes over 1st place on Thanksgiving night. This team played hard, and left it all out on the field yesterday, yes some made stupid mistakes players, and coaches, but it wasn't due to quiting, or not caring, if they play the rest of the season with that effort, pride, and heart 10-6 is the floor IMO with who is left on their schedule, and an AFC East championship is still possible, and they still hold their own destiny in winning that division.

I like this post and feel the same way. We fought our asses off last night and came up short and made some mistakes, but there's no one in the world claiming we gave up. We lost to the Texans in much the same way. This is a good team (glad Santonio is gone) and I seriously don't feel all that bad after this loss when considering we played some good football and had the game at hand. I'm bummed of course, but this game at least showed us that we hung with two of the best teams in the AFC when all the talking heads were laughing at us just prior to the game. I think we take this momentum and ride it to a solid season where we get in the playoffs.

Archived