Francesa, Simms- Eli

Joewillie2012

On Francesa's Sunday show Phil Simms wanted to talk about his comments that Eli Manning wasn't an elite NFL QB, but fat mike declined stating there wasn't enough time ---for a month during his Giant's bad streak all the sleeping fat F#@%k has been talking about is the Jets. F hypocrite .

On Francesa's Sunday show Phil Simms wanted to talk about his comments that Eli Manning wasn't an elite NFL QB, but fat mike declined stating there wasn't enough time ---for a month during his Giant's bad streak all the sleeping fat F#@%k has been talking about is the Jets. F hypocrite .

Whether winning or losing, the Jets are simply more interesting to talk about.

The Giants do the same thing every season. Start out hot, have a midseason swoon, finish strong, and either its good enough to make the postseason (where they're a threat) or not. Boring.

Yeah, those one on one matchups between only the two QBs were exhilarating stuff.

For Eli, they were.

Only a fool would call players Eli beats elite, but him not.

Rack up all the meaningless stats in the regular season you want.

But it's what you do when the money is on the line that counts.

Eli shows up. The other's not so much......

BD

For Eli, they were.

BD

So David Tyree = Elite, yes?

For Eli, they were.

BD

No, only a fool would try to evaluate the entire careers of one player based on the opposing QB (who has no bearing on the other QBs performance) in one game that involved another 90 players. That's the same kind of logic that let's people convince themselves Sanchez doesn't suck ass.

The truth is, Eli did in both Super Bowls the same thing he's done throughout his entire career: completely no-showed for half the game, had his ass saved by his defense who completely shut down the opposing offense to keep them in the game, until finally pulling his head out of his ass late in the game. For all the endless praise people heap on him for all of his comeback wins, people seem to ignore that he's one of the main reasons why the Giants are so often in such desperate need of late comebacks. Not to mention the fact that, to this day, the guy still throws some of the most moronically Sanchez-esque INTs this league has ever seen. Don't get me wrong, he is still a good QB, but elite is a word that gets thrown around too much in the NFL these days, and Eli's play is still, after 9 years, far too inconsistent to qualify.

No, only a fool would try to evaluate the entire careers of one player based on the opposing QB (who has no bearing on the other QBs performance) in one game that involved another 90 players. That's the same kind of logic that let's people convince themselves Sanchez doesn't suck ass.

The truth is, Eli did in both Super Bowls the same thing he's done throughout his entire career: completely no-showed for half the game, had his ass saved by his defense who completely shut down the opposing offense to keep them in the game, until finally pulling his head out of his ass late in the game. For all the endless praise people heap on him for all of his comeback wins, people seem to ignore that he's one of the main reasons why the Giants are so often in such desperate need of late comebacks. Not to mention the fact that, to this day, the guy still throws some of the most moronically Sanchez-esque INTs this league has ever seen. Don't get me wrong, he is still a good QB, but elite is a word that gets thrown around too much in the NFL these days, and Eli's play is still, after 9 years, far too inconsistent to qualify.

So all the other QBs who have two rings are elite, Aikman, Bradshaw, Tom Lady.

But when Eli does it, you go hater-troll?

Nice......

BTW, where was Tom Lady's big pass to Manningham? When did he drop it in the bucket the last two times to the big game?

Where was his pass to David Tyree, or Plaxico Burress?

What's his excuse?

Eli goes to Lambeau, beats Rodgers AND Favre, in their house, bitter cold, Playoffs.......

You make a great argument. You're really convincing.....

BD

So all the other QBs who have two rings are elite, Aikman, Bradshaw, Tom Lady.

But when Eli does it, you go hater-troll?

Nice......

BTW, where was Tom Lady's big pass to Manningham? When did he drop it in the bucket the last two times to the big game?

Where was his pass to David Tyree, or Plaxico Burress?

What's his excuse?

Congratulations, you managed to post all of that and yet not one single word of this had a single thing to do with any of the points I made. Really doing a bang up job there of making your point. Maybe you could bless us with some more of your brilliant fake quotes while you're at?

Eli goes to Lambeau, beats Rodgers AND Favre, in their house, bitter cold, Playoffs.......

You make a great argument. You're really convincing.....

BD

Sanchez beat Peyton and Brady on the road in the playoffs. BEST QB EVER!!!

Your comments are rather laughable considering you don't even make an argument. You throw a bunch of random comments out there, none of them having anything to do with one another and pretend like it actually proves something. Hate to break it to you, it doesn't. Nice try though.

Congratulations, you managed to post all of that and yet not one single word of this had a single thing to do with any of the points I made. Really doing a bang up job there of making your point. Maybe you could bless us with some more of your brilliant fake quotes while you're at?

Sanchez beat Peyton and Brady on the road in the playoffs. BEST QB EVER!!!

Your comments are rather laughable considering you don't even make an argument. You throw a bunch of random comments out there, none of them having anything to do with one another and pretend like it actually proves something. Hate to break it to you, it doesn't. Nice try though.

So make the argument Eli isn't Elite. You missed your own original point.

When the time comes to win the biggest games of the season, he goes out and wins them with excellent passes in the clutch. You want him to be Tim Tebow, garbage for 55 minutes, when you know that's not the case.

Now make the argument that his time management and scoring late is irrelevant....

BD

When the time comes to win the biggest games of the season, he goes out and wins them with excellent passes in the clutch. You want him to be Tim Tebow, garbage for 55 minutes, when you know that's not the case.

Now make the argument that his time management and scoring late is irrelevant....

BD

I already made the point I had to make. You had no counter to it, so blatantly ignored it and went rambling on about crap that had nothing to do with I said. I guess now you're trying to move on to changing the argument all together? If that makes you feel better, go crazy. That's your problem to deal with, not mine.

Nobody seriously thinks Eli is in the Rodgers/Brees class, do they?

This elite sh*t is like "franchise" It's a bullsh*t word. Some of this is like discussing NBA players and saying "Dominique WIlkins is great!" - "Oh yeah, well he's no Michael Jordan or Larry Bird!" Still, the fact is that while Eli is a very good to great NFL QB, he is obviously not the best and nobody in their right mind fights that fight.

I already made the point I had to make. You had no counter to it, so blatantly ignored it and went rambling on about crap that had nothing to do with I said. I guess now you're trying to move on to changing the argument all together? If that makes you feel better, go crazy. That's your problem to deal with, not mine.

Hey, if you won't admit (But you already know) Eli is elite, that says everything about you I need to know.

Good day, Sir.

BD

BD

Lambeau Field 2010. Giants are trying to make the playoffs. Four INTs. Count 'em 4. 2 straight single digit performances to close out 2009. Complete and total suckage for pretty much all of December 2008 and into the playoffs. Eli makes some clutch throws and has some clutch performances, except when he doesn't.

Lambeau Field 2010. Giants are trying to make the playoffs. Four INTs. Count 'em 4. 2 straight single digit performances to close out 2009. Complete and total suckage for pretty much all of December 2008 and into the playoffs. Eli makes some clutch throws and has some clutch performances, except when he doesn't.

What is a "single digit performance"? You could do that for pretty much any QB on Earth.

If he's had any bad games, he's avenged those, and then some.....

BD

Those don't count, because, ya know... they don't! I wouldn't expect any sort of logical response to this. When you have someone like this either who puts in great amount of efforts to avoid responding to a point or simply completely dismisses, it's as close as you'll ever get to them admitting they're wrong, because that alone pretty much proves it.

Nobody seriously thinks Eli is in the Rodgers/Brees class, do they?

This elite sh*t is like "franchise" It's a bullsh*t word. Some of this is like discussing NBA players and saying "Dominique WIlkins is great!" - "Oh yeah, well he's no Michael Jordan or Larry Bird!" Still, the fact is that while Eli is a very good to great NFL QB, he is obviously not the best and nobody in their right mind fights that fight.

He's one of four quarterbacks playing right now that you'd pick to start for your team entering a playoff run. You'd pick him before you'd pick Peyton. That's elite.

He's one of four quarterbacks playing right now that you'd pick to start for your team entering a playoff run. You'd pick him before you'd pick Peyton. That's elite.

You'd pick him. I wouldn't. Pick him over Peyton? Maybe, but that's like saying I'd pick him over Montana. Sure I might NOW, but in their primes? Never, ever, ever.

Archived