New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

AVM

Also, Ape has to die soon. Even if he is telling the truth (which he isn't) there is no way town can win at endgame with a player who takes one less vote to lynch and cancels the next day phase when he dies.

That is why his reveal is so dumb. Makes no sense as a real role for the town.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it's worth, I believe him. The choices by CTM are classic CTM.

There was a godfather in the game, and at least 3 killers. So a deputy is highly probable.

A deputy that didn't know he was a deputy and is Calvin Pace, I dunno, but I'm sure there's a deputy.

I think Vic is the way to go with the NK shot. I think Wombat has been tunneling on me with bad premise, he basically forced out two important roles.

Exactly, I would have been an obvious choice N1 and you'd expect CTM to view you next if there wasn't another viable candidate. I'm not 100% on Wombat since he didn't just come right out with his reveal. I also don't like him directing who I heal tonight.

Exactly, I would have been an obvious choice N1 and you'd expect CTM to view you next if there wasn't another viable candidate. I'm not 100% on Wombat since he didn't just come right out with his reveal. I also don't like him directing who I heal tonight.

Heal who you want. I would rather we have a living doctor than a living cop tomorrow though.

he has a history of inventing elaborate roles when trapped in a corner. I've seen him do it before when I was his scummate. I can't remember what he called it but it was just as ridiculous.

all I know is he's all over the place... calls me town, then scum... he's sure wombat is scum for 5 pages then suddenly says he believes him after a sloppy reveal.

earlier today he said his head was "spinning" but now he's acting like he's got everything down. And now for the capper he's suggesting shooting a guy who hasn't played in 3 days when town is still in very rough shape.

Ape has to be scum... he has to be.

I say lots of things I don't mean. Like "I'm not caught up" and "my head is spinning" when I'm trying to create the impression that I'm a confused townie. Confused townies are assets to scum, and not typically chosen for NK. This is a pretty logical thing, and something I do routinely when self-preservation is an imperative to helping the town.

Reversing course is also something I do routinely in games as town. Not scum.

Earlier you said I'm making too many "mistakes" to possibly be scum. Now it's not possible for me to be anything but scum. You are guilty of changing your mind too.

You also accused me of coming up with a oddball reveal, saying this game has been all routine roles so far, but then earlier in the game you yourself said we've NEVER SEEN A JESTER.

You are full of crap. You and Wombat are guilty of basically casing and chasing down any townie that contributed this game, and giving Vic a free pass. It's borderline retarded, and then you'll go on to laud him for basically doing what he does as scum all the time. Telling us about his RL, and hiding out until idiots like you, me, wombat and JIF decimate the town, as town.

"Has to be scum". LOL

You and your theories about symps, pressuring the uncountered Doc, pushing train after train on town lynches.

I believe Wombat because it is logical that in a game with 3 killing roles, potentially more, the town be given a backup cop. Especially when the vig can't holster, which is what Crusher said the compulsive part was about.

that's a damn good point right there. he is lying scum but even if he's telling the truth he's a liability.

You bit hard on this trap, imo.

We had 3 deaths last night. 2 every other night. Do the math on what will happen with 2 straight nights without a day in between.

I'm pretty positive you are SK with a safe character name reveal. Why else would you advocate this?

That is why his reveal is so dumb. Makes no sense as a real role for the town.

It does bro, it does.

2012 was the season of Rex's loyalty to Sanchez. The role mirrors the real Sanchez, play well enough (stay alive) and he helps Fat Rex... play poorly (dies) and helps Skinny Rex.

Not sure what else to tell you. The completing passes aspect of my role basically makes fun of Sanchez inability as QB. I don't think it's far-fetched that AVM came up with something unique for the ****ing QB. I wouldn't have made such a stink earlier in the game to avoid the mass reveal if this wasn't legit.

Anyway, the rest of my role... If I successfully complete a pass, my target learns my alignment. Otherwise it's an incompletion. If I target scum, I get intercepted and lose the ability, BUT in turn I learn who at least one scum is. So it's sort of a 1-time scum catch, if I target well.

It does bro, it does.

2012 was the season of Rex's loyalty to Sanchez. The role mirrors the real Sanchez, play well enough (stay alive) and he helps Fat Rex... play poorly (dies) and helps Skinny Rex.

Not sure what else to tell you. The completing passes aspect of my role basically makes fun of Sanchez inability as QB. I don't think it's far-fetched that AVM came up with something unique for the ****ing QB. I wouldn't have made such a stink earlier in the game to avoid the mass reveal if this wasn't legit.

Anyway, the rest of my role... If I successfully complete a pass, my target learns my alignment. Otherwise it's an incompletion. If I target scum, I get intercepted and lose the ability, BUT in turn I learn who at least one scum is. So it's sort of a 1-time scum catch, if I target well.

Damn dude Target well. i have been horrible this game.

Eh, **** it.

I'm doing what I always do ... I'm beating it into your heads. I'm sitting here watching Pac and Wombat manipulate Crusher, and all I'm doing is making it easier for them by trying too hard. Something Crusher has tried to coax me out of doing so many times when I'm right, but pushing too hard.

I'll leave it to him to make the decision. I've told the truth, just have to hope that everyone can look at how I've played and look at how others have played and find the right decision.

Eh, **** it.

I'm doing what I always do ... I'm beating it into your heads. I'm sitting here watching Pac and Wombat manipulate Crusher, and all I'm doing is making it easier for them by trying too hard. Something Crusher has tried to coax me out of doing so many times when I'm right, but pushing too hard.

I'll leave it to him to make the decision. I've told the truth, just have to hope that everyone can look at how I've played and look at how others have played and find the right decision.

What makes this funny is the one thing that stood out to me so far this game is the fact you are NOT going at people. Kinder gentler Ape that loves people and people love it in return. I'm so happy I could fart rap music.

1. JiF (revealed as mason partner, Mo Wilk) - 100%

4. Verbal - tip toed around not voting 80, refuses to reval, he's my bitch and I'm feeling 90% of him as scum

5. Leelou (revealed Nick Mangold on D1, Doc) - feeling 100% no counters

6. Smash - watching him as sk last game, he was playing very similar, calculated votes, calculated timing with posts, kills would add up if some of them are him, playing low.

7. Pac (revealed Shonn Green on D1, no role) - the whole hinting at the PM thingy really has me in a fix. Maybe cuz I'm was a mason I didnt get this similar PM...but its eating at me and making it hard to read him. Feel like he's not that disgusting of a pig to use something like that to win as scum (still an extremely dirty Pig)

10. Crush (revealed as Laron Landry, compulsive vig) - <3 big time, feeling 100%

14. Wombat (revealed as Calvin Pace, deputy) - wow, all over the place but kind of believe him but dont see how Calvin fits when so far most characters to role have...having a hard time here, he's also been pushing a RB theory, which to me seems stupid to not have rb/killed Leelou on N1 since she revealed Doc. lol

15. Ape (revealed as Mark Sanchez, Hated/Beloved Princess, attempts passes) - most ridiculous thing I've ever heard having a hard time seeing how Sanchez isnt scum but thats probably because I hate him with all my heart and soul. But its one of those so ridiculous its got to be true things

17. Nolder (revealed as Mason partner to Lily, D2) - if he's not a 100%, well, I just dont know what.

19. Sharrow - Holmes with a PR? Me thinks so. Feel like that could go both ways

20. Vic - Mod replacement please?

22. HeavyFog - have no ****ing clue. lol

Verb or Smash? Wow BATMAN is back bitches!!

Really liking Verb here. A lot. Like, a whole lot. And he's my bitch.

I love list. Awesome.

Town

Crusher, Sweet one, Leelou

unknown

Verb

Vic

Wombat

Foggyfresh

nolder

Ape

Am I missing anyone?

See my list. Since we share the same soul I think you'll like and maybe relate.

Verb or Smash? Wow BATMAN is back bitches!!

Verb or Smash might be good targets too lol..

I simply don't believe Ape at all and think he's lying scum. Not sure I feel like bumping the posts but he said numerous times he favors "natural scum hunting" as opposed to relying on things like reveals...

what does he do today? gives us an outlandish reveal and advocates shooting a guy who's not playing.

I'm just about done trying to convince as well. Shoot whoever you want and I think there will still be enough people who would vote the Ape.

Problem is if he has a nifty scum role like RBer we're giving him another night to use it.. which may be all he wants with all this.

before I do that just to answer JiF's little write up the important thing is not whether I'd use it as scum.. it's why no one voted me after I used it. If you have the energy you could look and see if any of the roleless townies who have died voted me after I used the PM stuff. My guess is not 1 of them did.

I appologize in advance for the insane amount of posts I'm about to quote. But its helping me see the game...these are all right around pressure Crusher, his reveal and the move to 80. Have some thoughts later

This is flat out retarded.

Vote Nolderp

Vote Nolder

Hes lying all over the thread , lynch all liars.

Unvote

Vote 80

Calculated 80 is scum. Crazy 80 is town.

Thats all I've got. The ridiculousness of the unbalance has made me lost interest.

Do some work for me, figure this sh*t out, or lynch me so I dont have to think about it anymore.

You're too easy...

Verbal is playing?

Seriously had no clue. This is gay. Sorry AVM. <3 you. But stupid game. Nobody playing and way too many kills, impossible for town.

Yeah inactives suck I have no problem pushing Vic

Unvote Nolder Vote Vic

If Nolder gets some attention I have no problem killing his lying ass

Unvote

Vote Vic

Yeah, going after Vic is the smart play. He's always telling us to lynch inactives. Let's bring him out of the woodwork.

Vote Vic

That's L-2. Will he show?

Yes

80 is scum. 100%

EAD. I'm not low-man in posts. You're firing in all directions right now. Calm the **** down.

You haven't been reading the mod's updated player lists?

Are you planning on saving us, or continuing to kill us off?

Unvote

Vote Crusher

unvote

vote crusher

I know its meta, but I agree with the folks that think Vic is town - he'd be more active if he was scum (or even rolled up town).

This game I've had more of a 'town list' than I have a 'scum list'. I'm not scumhunting well here - I really thought BG and SMC would flip scum.

I have nothing on Crusher - literally nothing.

Vote: Crusher

Unvote vote Crusher

Might need to lynch him before he gets in here to kill another townie.

A couple of quick thoughts based on what I see here. Vic is town. Dont see 80 busing him as inactive. Just dont.

Whats interesting though is Smash's vote on this train. Nolderp actually started the Vic train, for some reason I missed that quote above but see link below to that whole sequence. Smash came out following my vote on Nolderp on the day but then followed him to Vic, me thinks as an opportunist. 80 putting him at L-2 clears Vic in my mind.

1. JiF - 99.9% town. No way he clumsily counters Nolders fake reveal unless he is Lily's mason partner.

2. JVoR - Worthless Watcher. Unfortunately he seems to busy to be as valuable an asset to town as he's proven in the past.

3. Dan - Jester who self hammered. Certain measure of joy watching her get lynched but it was short lived as it turns out that's what she wanted.

4. Verbal - Who knows. Starting to think he may be dirty but I didn't think scum would so brazenly state they're not revealing name unless absolutely necessary.

5. Leelou - Ape loving Doc

6. Smash - Who the **** knows. Little to no contribution other than mock outrage.

7. Pac - 100% Town

8. SMC - Worthless townie who didn't say sh-t, do sh-t, or help us in any way shape or form.

9. Lily - Mason without a cause

10. Crush - Uncountered Vig. No reason to believe he's anything but that given there have been no counters and he's told us who he shot.

11. BG - Worthless townie.

12. 80 - Eddie Haskell like game before he got caught in his own foolishness and shat all over the thread.

13. Darthe - Couple solid posts early on but not enough of a contribution from this roleless townie.

14. Wombat - leaning town heavily because he seemed to catch on right away with what I was talking about early in the game. There's a very slim chance he agreed with me to make it seem like he got the same PM but I don't think he'd risk getting cross examined on it.

15. Ape - Safe early game followed by frantic spewing of bullsh-t late game. He's been following the Pac much of the time but now that I've figured him out he's looking to undermine me.

16. Hess - Perhaps the most worthless contributions in any game in the history of mafia.

17. Nolder - Spastic, idiotic, and he's lied more than once. I can't think of a reason for him to do any of that as scum but I'm starting to wonder if it's planned anarchy.

18. CTM - Did next to nothing with his Polack Power Role. Barney Fife like cop.

19. Sharrow - Who the f-ck knows. He's done a lot of chest thumping which is strange. Seems like a townie given his agreement on Ape and 80 but could be an act.

20. Vic - I'm guessing bored and busy roleless townie. Can't see him looking to win this way if scum. I would have at least expected a post on thread saying he was too busy and asked AVM to replace him if he was scum.

21. Ishy - Pretty worthless for a large portion of the game.

22. HeavyFog - My odds on favorite for SK. His contributions have been sparse and there wasn't a day kill today when he wasn't around.

Wombat would have used his shot by now on me, no doubt about it.

Vic is the SK.

If we run Verbal up and scum stay off the train and he happens to be town, then scum can blitz the lynch. Also, if we take much longer, Pennington might get on.

Unvote

Vote 80

Lynch 80 now. Discuss vig shot once he's dead imo.

Based on what logic? You fool.

Who wants the hammer vote? Bet that bitch Verbal wants it.

He's been screaming "80 is scum" all day.

I've been trying to get a damn post through for 30 minutes - ugh. Let me catch up - I give up on that other post.

So I went back and read this whole time in the game. Some eye opening things.

Feeling really good about Vic, Wbat and Sharrow as town.

Smash has been quick to join trains, completely staying out of any logic play or back and forth, not like him...watched him do this as SK last game. Verbal never even commented on JF80's reveal/s, not once. Did not like their play at all.

Ape started to push wbat as the JF80 train grew. Completely ignoring what was going on around him and only focusing on wbat. However, he happily provided the hammer. He then started to receive shot requests from every where. He fear mongered and then eventually dropped the most ridiculous reveal in the history of mafia.

What makes this funny is the one thing that stood out to me so far this game is the fact you are NOT going at people. Kinder gentler Ape that loves people and people love it in return. I'm so happy I could fart rap music.

Well, I missed D1 entirely which was my week in Portland, got back Sunday and have been casing, pushing on things since. I've been going round-and-round with Pac and Wombat today, and went round-and-round with Pac and CTM on D2. I'm just not being as profane, since it seems to carry over to the main board. I mentioned this before this game started too.

Verb or Smash might be good targets too lol..

I simply don't believe Ape at all and think he's lying scum. Not sure I feel like bumping the posts but he said numerous times he favors "natural scum hunting" as opposed to relying on things like reveals...

what does he do today? gives us an outlandish reveal and advocates shooting a guy who's not playing.

I'm just about done trying to convince as well. Shoot whoever you want and I think there will still be enough people who would vote the Ape.

Problem is if he has a nifty scum role like RBer we're giving him another night to use it.. which may be all he wants with all this.

Ho-lee-sh*t. I've covered this, I said I did not support the mass reveal because of what my role is you dipsh*t. I was ready to say just about anything to avoid what I had to do tonight. I put my role on par with something like a Miller... it's town, but it's not very town friendly. You get stuck with a role like that and you have to have a strategy to keep it from hurting the town. That is what I did, and have been doing until you and Wombat forced the issue.

I am 100% in that I prefer natural scum hunting, but you are idiot if you don't think I'll use whatever is in the rules (like character reveals) to my advantage if I can. Hell I did it last game with the character reveals. Only one of you dopes was smart enough to call me on it.

I am 100% in that I prefer natural scum hunting, but you are idiot if you don't think I'll use whatever is in the rules (like character reveals) to my advantage if I can.

I agree with this 100%. I hate character reveals and other such things, but you can't expect any player not to use every tactic he or she can to win.

Archived