New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

AVM

Sorry haven't been around much last couple days. Actually thought JVOR was a good lynch, wasn't around to cast my vote, but probably would've gone his way.

Not sure why you included me on your fabled tier system to begin with. I remember you saying, in a fit of frothing rage, that I;d stay on your list after I agreed with CTM that your character/role matching wasn't stellar. Now I'm on your Tier-1, so idk what I've done since then to hop tiers. I agree with my rodent-brother that character/role certainly seems to have some relevance, but shouldn't be treated as be-all and end-all.

That's the obvious strategy. Verbal, Leelou, and Vic jump out to me.

This seems like a really good idea. I'm down if others like this.

I'm with Ape on this. Wombat seems to have done a total 180. He came out like a house on fire, but hasn't followed through lately. The noose is tightening, and he's he's gone from being on the front-lines and drawing up suspect lists, to huddling quietly in the corner. The few posts he does make aren't advancing the action in the same way he was D1. I could also vote Ape. Like Wombat, his behavior seems a bit irregular/erratic. He didn't come out nearly as strong in this game as he normally does.

Foggy Lighthouse Suspect List: Verbal / Leelou / Vic / Wombat / Ape

vote Wombat

Sweet case bro!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since D2, yes. Ape is right that I've been backing off lately. I didn't have a handle on this game until today.

You nudged nearly every train brought up today. Subtlety isn't backing off, it's influencing without taking highly visible role in it. Played like a 3rd party who doesn't care which alignment dies, so long as someone dies that isn't you.

You are playing the middle.

The reality is you are probably the SK, but we kind of need you tonight to shoot scum. So easy for you to have either holstered today to push the theory that it's Vic or Heavy, or that you probably switched to NKs instead of DKs.

If we hit scum with 80 right now, and you and Crusher hit at least 1 scum tonight, then we should lynch you next. Make this scum vs. town and remove you completely. Too much of a liability to rely on you to help us.

gotta say.. I lol'd at this moron HeavyFag having the audacity to reprimand Vic and others for being too quiet, then following that up with a vote during night phase.

I like him.. but he's likely SK.

I'm not reprimanding them, it just seems to fit in with suspicious behavior this game, and I fully admit I was away for a while.

Could this galvanize it? I don't know, maybe so. If I'm wrong on that, obviously that's going to be a different issue. I don't believe that. I believe this town is coming together. If there are cracks in the armor, we'll find out. Maybe we're not there right now, but I believe we will be.

Brash, unapologetic, lame, and the world’s biggest douche. These were qualities that everyone agreed defined 80. Well, that, and damn dirty sea chicken. He started off so well, and at times looked like a genius. It looked as if he was going to be a part of this unbelievable reclamation project. But as all Jets fans know…good things are short lived, and lead to nothing but awful, terrible, miserable things.

At first the funny quotes, bad sense of humor and constant guarantees were embraced by Jets fans. His “**** ‘em all!” attitude was one that fit the personality of the team, and as long as they were winning no one cared. If they ever stopped winning, however…he might not be so loveable anymore.

When the team became the laughing stock of the NFL, he was the one everyone looked at naturally. And that’s when it began. Two personalities, one man. One a brilliant defensive mind, a great leader and someone the “troops” could rally behind…and one an idiot, wasting away yet another chance for Jets fans everywhere.

When s*** began to hit the fan and people pointed in 80s direction, he acted only as he always had. At first, he was believable. Then, inexplicably, he changed his story for no reason whatsoever. Damn small sea chicken brains, most likely.

The good part that was their loving leader was gone, and everyone knew it. Woody knew it too, he just couldn’t bring himself to let the man go. Everyone loved him until the very end…and then they hated him.

“Get out, 80. You’re not our head coach anymore” Woody said calmly, with the demeanor of an almost broken man.

“You know, I never realized how similar that I am to Tom Brady, I mean, the obvious physical appearance would be the first thing. The fact that he’s married to a supermodel? Hello? Yeah, I’m also married to a supermodel. I just happened to turn the page of InStyle magazine, page 329, just realized that we are very similar in that way.” 80 said as he stared out the window.

The players all stared at each other profoundly confused, as this had not a damn thing to do with anything that was going on.

“Ah **** all you little ****ers, I’m gonna go eat a *** **** snack” he barked as he stomped off.

That’s the old Rex we knew and loved. Too bad it’s too late.

071912Ryan1BS104706--300x300.jpg

80, Rex Ryan (rather the sad pathetic skinny man masquerading as our Rex), scum godfather, has been fired.

It is now night.

maybe I have to be a Jets fan to appreciate this

it's all gibberish to me

It's like...you have a pokemon. At first, you loved him...he fought other pokemon really good...all that kind of stuff. But then one day, he changed. All of a sudden he sucked at fighting other pokemon, even though you gave him everything he ever wanted.

Rex is the pokemon.

Archived