Chiefs release RT Eric Winston

Greenseed4

Any reasoning behind him being cut? Injury, money, he's a douche, sux, etc??

the rumor last year was that he was too media friendly in Houston. Radio shows etc. 

by the way Austin Howard did a decent job last year and is the only RFA starter on the Jets. Trading him for Winston is not gonna happen when it's dollar store day at Florham park. These guys are going for low low prices. 

Was he cut last year? I thought he signed with them as a FA. I could be wrong. 

He was cut by the Texans to save a few million.  He was trying to be the highest paid RT.  A bunch of teams had him in and they are the current suspects likely to sign him now-Dolphins, Rams, Ravens IIRC

by the way Austin Howard did a decent job last year and is the only RFA starter on the Jets.

Everything I have read about this guy it seems the Jets are really high on him.

From what my eyes told me he wasn’t bad.  He had a horrific game when McElroy played, but other then that he was solid.

Howard will be the RT next year

Everything I have read about this guy it seems the Jets are really high on him.

From what my eyes told me he wasn’t bad.  He had a horrific game when McElroy played, but other then that he was solid.

Howard will be the RT next year

agree also keep in mind he already knows Marty Morn's playbook from his days with Eagles. 

agree also keep in mind he already knows Marty Morn's playbook from his days with Eagles. 

Is that a plus or a minus?  The Eagles cut him.  I'm wondering what the philosophy of the Oline will be.  On the bright side, Howard was a former TE so *should* be able to handle the zone blocking crap better than a straight "ground and pound" mauler.

Archived