Sanchez Talks Tebow, Ryan, Idzik And Hill In Radio Interview

JetNation

To be fair to Sanchez, whenever he did seem to get in some sort of rhythm, he would be replaced by Tebow for a 1 yard run up the middle. 

Hard to get in flow that way, especially when you come back in its 3rd and long and everyone knows a pass is coming. 

tebow was barely used during the season and really not used at all towards the end... sanchez was still awful.

cant blame tebow for mark playing sh*tty at tenneese or buffalo the last 2 games

tebow was barely used during the season and really not used at all towards the end... sanchez was still awful.

cant blame tebow for mark playing sh*tty at tenneese or buffalo the last 2 games

True.  No one is arguing that Sanchez is great by any stretch of the imagination.  I do think, however, that he is capable of significantly better results than what he produced last season.  Give him a reliable receiver or two that stays healthy and on the field an entire season, and an offensive game plan that isn't contingent upon him consistently converting 3rd and longs - he will put up numbers that are closer to NFL average than the NFL's worst. 

True.  No one is arguing that Sanchez is great by any stretch of the imagination.  I do think, however, that he is capable of significantly better results than what he produced last season.  Give him a reliable receiver or two that stays healthy and on the field an entire season, and an offensive game plan that isn't contingent upon him consistently converting 3rd and longs - he will put up numbers that are closer to NFL average than the NFL's worst. 

meh i think weve givin him the chance and hes shown nothing.

hes missed open recievers turned the ball over and is now showing he isnt mentally there.

that being said your probably right he wont be as bad as last year but I still think he will be towards the bottom of the league

meh i think weve givin him the chance and hes shown nothing.

hes missed open recievers turned the ball over and is now showing he isnt mentally there.

that being said your probably right he wont be as bad as last year but I still think he will be towards the bottom of the league

Hes an average QB with accuracy issues from time to time.  No doubt about it.  When you put that kind of QB in 3rd and long situations on 75% of your drives, missing open receivers and turning the ball over will occur at a much more frequent rate than on 1st and 10 or 2nd and short.  

Don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but I'd be willing to bet his completion % was exponentially higher on 1st and 10/ 2nd and medium than it was on 3rd and 7+.

Hes an average QB with accuracy issues from time to time.  No doubt about it.  When you put that kind of QB in 3rd and long situations on 75% of your drives, missing open receivers and turning the ball over will occur at a much more frequent rate than on 1st and 10 or 2nd and short.  

Don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but I'd be willing to bet his completion % was exponentially higher on 1st and 10/ 2nd and medium than it was on 3rd and 7+.

No, he's a bottom of the league QB with accuracy issues ALL the time.  When he hits a receiver in stride, its a rare occurrence, and the receivers is sometimes so surprised he drops it.

If it wasn't for his contract he likely would not even be on the team now.  However, now that he's here we might as well see how he does with a new offensive coordinator and scheme.

His first two years he seemed to be progressing somewhat, the third year they got rid of one of his important receivers and the fourth year started off okay and then spiralled down quickly.

I think there's at least a chance he comes around under Marty, assuming he plays himself into the starting job.

If it wasn't for his contract he likely would not even be on the team now.  However, now that he's here we might as well see how he does with a new offensive coordinator and scheme.

His first two years he seemed to be progressing somewhat, the third year they got rid of one of his important receivers and the fourth year started off okay and then spiralled down quickly.

I think there's at least a chance he comes around under Marty, assuming he plays himself into the starting job.

The Jets couldn't've done more to ruin Sanchez if they tried. Musical chairs at WR, his third coordinator in four years. It would be difficult for any QB, but moreso for a coddled, weak minded player like Sanchez. His best case scenario is getting shipped to Tampa in that pipe-dream of a rumor. I just don't see the WCO working out all that well for him. 

I still have hope for Stephen Hill, but he's now on his second coordinator in the pros, too, running a much different system than his rookie year. Probably sets him back a little, too. There doesn't seem to be any time-table for Holmes. Again, not good for Sanchez. 

I think getting booed at home will kill him, too. If he starts and gets booed, he is going to crawl right into his shell. The coaches have to know that, too. I really don't see how they can do that to Sanchez or the team - except for that asshat contract. If Sanchez had any faith in himself, he could take a paycut to facilitate a trade, but he doesn't. 

I don't see any hope for him here. He needs to move to a small market team, and be the backup for a year or two just to recharge. Even then, I don't know how much hope there is for him. 

Archived