Evan "Big Evil" Silva ranks Jets skill players last in the league as a group.

T0mShane

This is not a good argument. Powell is just a guy with average talent and Goodson is a guy who has good speed but thats about it. They aren't going to become good RB's all of a sudden. They are what they are.

How do you know what they are until they get a chance to prove it. Arian Foster was an undrafted FA so he should been just what he was, right?

How do you know what they are until they get a chance to prove it. Arian Foster was an undrafted FA so he should been just what he was, right?

Come on. Foster was very good his first year and had 1600 yards in year 2. Those guys aren't turning into Arian Foster. You know about RB's right away. See Alfred Morris. 

QB: Chad Pennington > Patrick Ramsey   + Kellen Clemens

RB: Cedric the Entertainer Houston  > Derrick Blaylock + Leon Washington + Kevan Barlow

WR: Laveranues Coles > Jerricho Cotchery > Justin McCareins

TE: Chris Baker > Sean Ryan

That team went 10-6.  It had a worse D with a bunch of guys playing positions they weren't suited for and a horrible offensive line leading up to the draft.  The current skill position players suck, but THAT is what a sh*tty rebuilding team looks like.  I'd take this team over that one seven days a week and twice on Sunday. 

Here's the problem for the Jets. They have the 9 and 13, which is probably the right territory to grab the top prospects at OG, OLB and DL.

Really here's how I see the skilled positions:

RB: Jonathan Franklin probably seems like the best fit in this year's crop. He's probably gone late first, early second...before 39. After that is it worth waiting into the 3rd and hope Bernard or Bell is still around? I dunno. 

WR: I don't get why you'd want to really take a risky pick at 9 or 13 with Austin or Patterson when you can probably find a gem who could slip into the 3rd, like maybe Ryan Swope or Justin Hunter or Terrance Williams, all who might be gone in the second. None the less any of those guys as well as Wheaton, Woods or Hopkins is a lot more sexy to me, in the second, than reaching on Austin or Patterson so early. I dunno.

TE: Eifert is probably a late first. 9 or 13 would be a reach. I would rather McDonald, Ertz or Escobar in the second, however much I truly believe Eifert is the best of the crop. I dunno...again. You're reaching at 9 or 13.

QB: It sounds as if the Jets are targeting a QB in the second round or possible "moving up" with the second pick into the late first. For who is anyone's guess. Manuel, Nassib, Barkley, Glennon? Can they wait until the 3rd or 4th for any of those guys or maybe Dysert, Bray or Scott? 

The bottom line to all this is none of the skilled positions really make sense at 9 or 13 and most of the better value prospects are sandwiched somewhere between their picks. Will be interesting to see how it all pans out....

Here's the problem for the Jets. They have the 9 and 13, which is probably the right territory to grab the top prospects at OG, OLB and DL.

I agree with all the reasons why they won't draft a skill. here's the problem with OG, OLB and DL 

1) DL they are basically set at all 3 starting spots with 2 1st rounders and a 3rd rounder in Kenrick Ellis. They signed Antonio Garay for Mike Devito's snaps. Not to mention the depth which is actually interesting... Damon Harrison and a couple other future types. They need a guy but they don't need Star Lotulelei to stop the run. They don't need to take Ansah and put him at 5 tech. They don't even have a position for Sharrif Floyd, if he fell. 

2) OLB they don't need it quite as bad with Pace, Barnes and McIntyre. A player like Jordan, Mingo would be value but he'd also be a 3rd down DPR type and special teamer at first. It is a risk to take college DE and convert them to 3-4 OLB and the only player who wouldn't be a convert is Jarvis Jones... who has his own set of red flags. 

3) OG is the position I want them to draft. Which means it won't happen. Colon and Vlad are probably fine and if not there are other rounds. If they took an OG i'd be psyched that would be an instant starter at a position of need.

meanwhile it's likely that QB, RB, WR or TE drafted early would start or at least be starting soon. 

I agree with all the reasons why they won't draft a skill. here's the problem with OG, OLB and DL 

1) DL they are basically set at all 3 starting spots with 2 1st rounders and a 3rd rounder in Kenrick Ellis. They signed Antonio Garay for Mike Devito's snaps. Not to mention the depth which is actually interesting... Damon Harrison and a couple other future types. They need a guy but they don't need Star Lotulelei to stop the run. They don't need to take Ansah and put him at 5 tech. They don't even have a position for Sharrif Floyd, if he fell. 

2) OLB they don't need it quite as bad with Pace, Barnes and McIntyre. A player like Jordan, Mingo would be value but he'd also be a 3rd down DPR type and special teamer at first. It is a risk to take college DE and convert them to 3-4 OLB and the only player who wouldn't be a convert is Jarvis Jones... who has his own set of red flags. 

3) OG is the position I want them to draft. Which means it won't happen. Colon and Vlad are probably fine and if not there are other rounds. If they took an OG i'd be psyched that would be an instant starter at a position of need.

meanwhile it's likely that QB, RB, WR or TE drafted early would start or at least be starting soon. 

...And one thing to be said for those who would hate a Warmack or Cooper pick....

Look at the Final Four teams last year...Ravens, 49ers, Pats and Seahawks ALL had at least (1) All Pro Center or Guard on their team.  The other two teams with players picked have won a Super Bowl within the last 5 years (Steelers and Saints). 

...And one thing to be said for those who would hate a Warmack or Cooper pick....

Look at the Final Four teams last year...Ravens, 49ers, Pats and Seahawks ALL had at least (1) All Pro Center or Guard on their team.  The other two teams with players picked have won a Super Bowl within the last 5 years (Steelers and Saints). 

This proves if we pick we win Super Bowl?

Archived