Woody Johnson & John Idzik (TICKET SALES)

Favorite_Toon

Please do not select a Guard in the first round!!!  You have just traded your best player on your team and you want people asses in the stands... Sorry to tell you or anyone on this board but nobody is going to be rooting for  Guard come Sundays or even an outside linebacker....  We been jokes in the draft for many years... To the point now its expected for the fans to boo the pick... .

We will suck this year and there is no secret. People are already looking to 2014 with Clowney and Johnny Football and Teddy Bridgewater. 

I AM ASKING YOU TO PLEASE TAKE TAVON AUSTIN AND PUT HIM ON THIS TEAM!!!  PLEASE SELECT A QB THAT WE CAN WATCH AND BE EXCITED ABOUT ON SUNDAYS... EJ MANUEL FOR ONE...

SELECTING MINGO OR JARVIS JONES WHO HAS ISSUES WITH HIS SPINE THAT NOBODY SPEAKS ABOUT HERE.... IS NOT GOING TO SELL TICKETS.... WHO WANTS TO SEE DAVID GARARD AT QB OR SANCHEZ AGAIN? LET US AT LEAST HAVE SOME FUN.... WATCH ONE OF OUR EVERY OWN SKILL POSITION ROOKIES PLAY AND GET BETTER,,,

MET FANS KNOW THEY ARE NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS.... BUT TONIGHT THE METS WERE WATCHING THE FUTURE IN HARVEY.. SOMETHING THEY LOOK FOWARD TO SEEING... IT WAS SAID TONITE HARVEY PUT AN EXTRA 3000 PEOPLE IN THE STANDS TONITE...

LOOK I KNOW THIS IS FOR NOTHING AND NOBODY IN THE JETS ORG READS THESE POSTS OR LISTENS TO FANS.... BUT THE IDEA OF WATCHING SANCHEZ AGAIN ALL YEAR AND SOME ROOKIE GUARD OR LINEBACKER DOES NOTHING FOR ME....

TURN THE PAGE WOODY.... DRAFT US OUR OWN STAR.....  YOU GOT RID OF OUR BEST PLAYER NOW PLEASE GIVE US SOMETHING TO WATCH.... A REASON TO BUY TICKETS AND GOTO THE GAMES....

TRADING OUR SECOND FIRST ROUNDER FOR A SWAP OF FIRST ROUNDERS AND GAINING AN EXTRA SECOND ROUND PICK.... (MAYBE MORE) ISNT BAD AS LONG AS ONE OF THOSE PICKS IS A QB OR RECEIVER OR RUNNING BACK.... 

WE NEED TO ADDRESS THE OFFENSE!!! SERIOUSLY WE TAKE D LINEMAN EVERY YEAR IN THE FIRST ROUND IT SEEMS....  WILKERSON GHOLSTON COUPLES ECT....  TIME TO ADDRESS THE OFFENSE!!!!! WE ARE NOT GROUND AND POUND ANYMORE.... ONCE WE HIRED MARTY THAT sh*t WENT OUT THE DOOR....  THIS IS NOT THE 1940S ANYMORE THE GAME HAS CHANGED.... GROUND AND POUND IS CRAP....

SAME OLE JET TEAM PLUS AN EXCELLENT GUARD AND TE OR D LINEMAN EQUALS NO FAN EXCITEMENT NOTHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO THEN BESIDES THE 2014 DRAFT AND NO JERSEY SALES BECAUSE WHAT PLAYER ON THE JETS YOU WANT TO BUY JERSEY?  SANCHEZ? COUPLES? IVORY? MANGOLD? HARRIS? CROMARTIE?

ALL IM SAYING IS THIS... LIKE RICH EISEN SAID LAST NITE..... IF THE NINTH PICK COMES UP AND ITS NOT TAVON AUSTIN... HE MIGHT HAVE TO SHUT THE MICROPHONES OFF BECAUSE THE AMOUNT OF NOISE AND PROFANITY COMING FROM THE JET FANS WILL BE TOO MUCH FOR TV...LOL

I have had enough of drafting to sell tickets.

Draft to build a good team. That sells tickets.

I could care less about making a splash. That's what got us in the position we are now.

Hows that? when did we draft to make a splash?  Sanchez comes to mind.... but we needed a QB because Kellen was terrible...   We need at some point to address the offense already.... seriously... when do we do that? the third and 4th rounds? We need help in a lot of  areas I agree... But offense is important...  or you rather see games like 6-3 vs Arizona... look all im saying is if were going to suck...give the fans that pay the bills the right to see something exciting..  something entertaining.. because that's what this is about entertaining people... a new guard and d lineman wont do it... and to watch sanchez again the whole year will be painful... you just traded your best player on the team to pick up a guard? Trade down and get more picks.. i'm not against that...but at some point we need to address the offense... everyone thinks you get a super defense and you can ground and pound your way to a championship... Like I said.. this is the new NFL like it or not... and in this NFL you need to score points! if your team puts up an average of 10 points a game... your defense has to pitch shutouts or close to it to be successful and that's not practical...

why are you yelling? Cause im pissed off.. I am 38 and been watching the jets since I was about 8.... and have nothing to show for it but torture and agony.... its amazing to me how one team can **** something up over and over again and what's even more amazing its done by different people...  I can see if it was the same GM.... but its different GM's... lol

Oh by the way.... for the newbies....... Several years ago I had a post on here that was one of the longest ever seen and one of the most hottest debates on this forum... I was screaming for McFadden.... We even had guys making screen names SAYNOTODMC and others.... people were getting so heated there were cursing threats of fighting funny sh*t... it was an awesome time... and it was when this board was jumping... and I had to defend myself because everyone wanted Vernon Gholston.... "hes a beast"  "sign that beast" "McFadden is too fragile"  and now we can look back and only laugh.... raiders suck... and they changed there scheme that's why McFadden had a bad year last year...  now there going back to what worked... and Vernon... I think he was one of the towel guys at the car wash yesterday....

Oh by the way.... for the newbies....... Several years ago I had a post on here that was one of the longest ever seen and one of the most hottest debates on this forum... I was screaming for McFadden.... We even had guys making screen names SAYNOTODMC and others.... people were getting so heated there were cursing threats of fighting funny sh*t... it was an awesome time... and it was when this board was jumping... and I had to defend myself because everyone wanted Vernon Gholston.... "hes a beast"  "sign that beast" "McFadden is too fragile"  and now we can look back and only laugh.... raiders suck... and they changed there scheme that's why McFadden had a bad year last year...  now there going back to what worked... and Vernon... I think he was one of the towel guys at the car wash yesterday....

Guy sounds like an dick. Luckily that anti McFadden crowd was proved wrong. He's been durable and highly productive with only one less 1,000 rushing yard season than Shonn Greene. I still rue the day we didn't trade up to pay him 10 million a year.

Hows that? when did we draft to make a splash?  Sanchez comes to mind.... but we needed a QB because Kellen was terrible...   We need at some point to address the offense already.... seriously... when do we do that? the third and 4th rounds? We need help in a lot of  areas I agree... But offense is important...  or you rather see games like 6-3 vs Arizona... look all im saying is if were going to suck...give the fans that pay the bills the right to see something exciting..  something entertaining.. because that's what this is about entertaining people... a new guard and d lineman wont do it... and to watch sanchez again the whole year will be painful... you just traded your best player on the team to pick up a guard? Trade down and get more picks.. i'm not against that...but at some point we need to address the offense... everyone thinks you get a super defense and you can ground and pound your way to a championship... Like I said.. this is the new NFL like it or not... and in this NFL you need to score points! if your team puts up an average of 10 points a game... your defense has to pitch shutouts or close to it to be successful and that's not practical...

Essentially no one thinks this.

And the reason you pass on the guard is because it's a low value position, not because of ticket sales.

The Jets basically going into tonight's draft need the following

QB

RB

WR

TE

G

RT

OLB

SS

FS

CB

There are so many needs for this team right now that they should probably trade down to the bottom of the first round and pick up an extra pick along the way.

I don't care who they draft. If Jonathan Cooper is top 5 on the Jets draft board and he falls to 9 or 13 so be it. They need guys who can come in and start now.

The Jets basically going into tonight's draft need the following

QB

RB

WR

TE

G

RT

OLB

SS

FS

CB

There are so many needs for this team right now that they should probably trade down to the bottom of the first round and pick up an extra pick along the way.

I don't care who they draft. If Jonathan Cooper is top 5 on the Jets draft board and he falls to 9 or 13 so be it. They need guys who can come in and start now.

You only mentioned G and OLB once.

Sorry....fixed

G x 2

OLB x 2

Your point still stands.  With a 1st round that doesn't drop off a cliff at pick ____, this team shouldn't be concerned with where they make their picks in round 1.  

For example, there are better-ranked pass rushers at or towards the top but none of them are sure things like Von Miller; just guys with likely higher upsides than lower-ranked guys, largely based on off-field measurables.  

The only "sure thing" picks seem to be the guards and I'll be pretty upset if we touch either one of them.  Not because they won't be good (or great), but because a team - especially one with gobs of cap room like the Jets after 2013 - can always get good guards without sacrificing a shot at a special player you can't just get whenever you want.  Teams who lose their best starting guard, and have a backup step in, can still win a superbowl.  Pittsburgh won with Darnell Stapleton, an undrafted rookie who was so crappy he never played again.  Still only 27 he's now an assistant coach at Rutgers.

But with the guards expected to go so high, and with so much value from the bottom half of round 1 and into round 2 and beyond, it's important to consider that we need a lot more than 1 guard and 1 other player with two picks in the top half of round 1.

At QB, hardly anyone is in love with any of the prospects.  But if you take one in the top 40 or so, having an extra pick or two in the top 40 will go a long way to not having it be the catastrophe that drafting Sanchez was.

Trade down.  I'm fine with trading down from both picks and turning them into 4 first rounders (or 3 first rounders and the #2 pick in round 2 from SF; same difference), and then take our own pick at #39.  If they all pan out you're talking about nailing down 5 good, young starters and we should then all form a line to tongue wash Idzik's balls.

Guy sounds like an dick. Luckily that anti McFadden crowd was proved wrong. He's been durable and highly productive with only one less 1,000 rushing yard season than Shonn Greene. I still rue the day we didn't trade up to pay him 10 million a year.

lol..... Well we have had our debates in the past.... And McFadden was a better selection then Gholston was... McFadden with our O line that we had back then would have been much better then what the raiders had... And btw.. they selected DMC when they had three running backs already on the team... that was al Davis in a nutshell... 

Now this is a thread I can sink my teeth into!

You add a player like Austin as a compliment to a team pretty well off. The Jets do not have that team. The Jets need ALOT. I would be happy if they trade both 9 & 13 and aquire ALOT more picks. Agree with one poster who said not to draft to make a splash as that's what got the Jets into this situation. I also note that we have drafted defense in the last two years. Enough already.(Rex does not get his way this time) - me thinks. It all starts up front and the OL is a huge need. I would be content with Warmack and Cooper or trade both picks for ALOT more. Just my two cents. 

Lantern

Now this is a thread I can sink my teeth into!

You add a player like Austin as a compliment to a team pretty well off. The Jets do not have that team. The Jets need ALOT. I would be happy if they trade both 9 & 13 and aquire ALOT more picks. Agree with one poster who said not to draft to make a splash as that's what got the Jets into this situation. I also note that we have drafted defense in the last two years. Enough already.(Rex does not get his way this time) - me thinks. It all starts up front and the OL is a huge need. I would be content with Warmack and Cooper or trade both picks for ALOT more. Just my two cents. 

Lantern

I like the guy that instantly upgrades your offense AND your special teams. The guy that defenses have to account for on every single play because of his big play ability out of different formations. Two sides of football get instantly better with one player. Who else can you say that about in this draft?

I beg to differ, I think there are tons of guys on this board with Dick Butkus posters on their wall. Either I'm reading the "essentially" part of that sentence or the "no one" part wrong.

No, you're just wrong.

No, you're just wrong.

Well, first of all, what does essentially mean? Do you mean no one or not?

Second of all, there are tons of guys here that want to go defense in the first two rounds OR they want a guy that will improve the defense and a road-grading guard. If you're telling me that NO ONE thinks this, you're mistaken. But again you did say "essentially", so I can't fight you there.

Well, first of all, what does essentially mean? Do you mean no one or not?

Second of all, there are tons of guys here that want to go defense in the first two rounds OR they want a guy that will improve the defense and a road-grading guard. If you're telling me that NO ONE thinks this, you're mistaken. But again you did say "essentially", so I can't fight you there.

I was responding to this post:

In this instance, no one is much closer to the truth than everyone.

Wanting to draft defense in this draft because the pass rushers are the best value is a far cry from believing that you can ground and pound your way into a championship.

Wanting to draft defense in this draft because the pass rushers are the best value is a far cry from believing that you can ground and pound your way into a championship.

Really? Nobody believes that you cant ground and pound your way to a championship?  I know one..... ummmm how about Rex Ryan lol...  what was he trying to do not win the super bowl last year when he said we are going back to a ground and pound

I think we're just basically misunderstanding each other. I want a pass rusher as well, but I also want a playmaker on offense. Be it Austin or Eiffert or Patterson. You can always get a guard in free agency that will be more than capable. We don't need Pro Bowlers at every spot on the offensive line, not at the expense of a guy like Austin, no way. But, if we did draft Cooper, I would still be optimistic because, yes, we'd have a damned good offensive line that would at least help the run game which was putrid last year and maybe take a little pressure off of Sanchez or whoever becomes the QB.

Archived