I still believe in Mark!!!!

JollyGreen

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually feel sorry for Mark.  I don't think he would ever be an elite QB but I still think he could be serviceable   Most of the better teams with smart GM's surround their younger QB with talent at the skill positions along with a strong o-line to protect their investment.  The Jets led by their ring leader "Trader Mike" let the o-line crumble, traded away picks for old vets and cancers at the WR, a QB who is actually worse than Sanchez (hard to do) along with TE's that were serviceable (and fragile) at best not to mention an anemic RB core void of any playmakers.

While the o-line and RB positions were addressed, we still look extremely weak at the WR and TE slots.  These positions are kind of important to a QB so I really don't see how Sanchez or any of the Jets 10 QB's are being put in a position to be very successful.   I don't know if the top QB's like Rodgers or Breez could do great with the WR and TE's we have.

I actually feel sorry for Mark.  I don't think he would ever be an elite QB but I still think he could be serviceable   Most of the better teams with smart GM's surround their younger QB with talent at the skill positions along with a strong o-line to protect their investment.  The Jets led by their ring leader "Trader Mike" let the o-line crumble, traded away picks for old vets and cancers at the WR, a QB who is actually worse than Sanchez (hard to do) along with TE's that were serviceable (and fragile) at best not to mention an anemic RB core void of any playmakers.

While the o-line and RB positions were addressed, we still look extremely weak at the WR and TE slots.  These positions are kind of important to a QB so I really don't see how Sanchez or any of the Jets 10 QB's are being put in a position to be very successful.   I don't know if the top QB's like Rodgers or Breez could do great with the WR and TE's we have.

It always comes down to coaching.   It comes down to surrounding cast, and how good that FO & staff can build a team.    Years ago if the Eagles wound up picking Ricky Williams and McNabb went to some other team,  Mcnabb might've been out of football like Tim Couch.   Hell look at David Carr.  The guy spent most of his early career on his back.   And what if the USFL weren't around years ago?   The Warren Moon's, doug fluties, Jim Kellys, Steve young's would've probably been out of football long before they ever had a chance.  Or maybe Moon goes to the CFL and so on.

Sanchez is never going to be any good.  But Alex Smith is the perfect example.  The guy had a worse time and one coaching staff came in and suddenly he's a serviceable QB.   If Harbaugh stays at Stanford,  Smith might be out of football now.   Coaching doens't always play a huge part for some players, but for certain players,  a good staff might mean the difference between an NFL career,  and an insurance salesman who played a couple of seasons in the NFL.

Who's trading for Sanchez? Seriously. 

And completing 55% of his passes would just be continued suckiness. He's QB'ing a WCO this year. He should be connecting on 63% of his passes at a bare minimum. But he's not going to come close to that. He's got the dual problem of being inaccurate himself, and having Hill and Cumberland as his starters.

I don't think the Jets want Sanchez winning the starting job. They were afraid to start him at home last year. Sanchez will hear the boos as soon as he steps out on the field in the preseason, and the cheers for David Garrard (yes, cheers for David Garrard) will be riotous, and the cheers for Geno will be deafening. Sanchez' biggest problem -far and away- is mental. His psyche has no chance of repairing itself for as long as he remains a member of the Jets. And the Jets forcing him out there in hopes of getting some trade value for him in 2014 is a pipe dream. One that will set the franchise back. They'll need to see Geno Smith out there, preferably in games that have some consequence, so they'll know what they're doing at the QB position next year. 

Pretty solid post.  Mark could barely function when he got golden boy treatment.  He will fold, wither and burn like a rose in a  toaster oven this year.  

I kind of agree with you ,Mark did not have many good WR or play makers last year  but make too many mistakes in the redzone , but I think he will make a good backup for some team , this 2 new RB , looking forward to seeing what the QB does this year

It always comes down to coaching.   It comes down to surrounding cast, and how good that FO & staff can build a team.    Years ago if the Eagles wound up picking Ricky Williams and McNabb went to some other team,  Mcnabb might've been out of football like Tim Couch.   Hell look at David Carr.  The guy spent most of his early career on his back.   And what if the USFL weren't around years ago?   The Warren Moon's, doug fluties, Jim Kellys, Steve young's would've probably been out of football long before they ever had a chance.  Or maybe Moon goes to the CFL and so on.

Sanchez is never going to be any good.  But Alex Smith is the perfect example.  The guy had a worse time and one coaching staff came in and suddenly he's a serviceable QB.   If Harbaugh stays at Stanford,  Smith might be out of football now.   Coaching doens't always play a huge part for some players, but for certain players,  a good staff might mean the difference between an NFL career,  and an insurance salesman who played a couple of seasons in the NFL.

There is no basis to think Smith might have been out of football if Harbaugh didn't come to the team.  

Still waitin on that list

bueller_stein.jpg

Im going to use his 2011 performance since he had no offensive weapon in 2012

Here's the list of players/team in random order that I would not take on my team ahead of Sanchez.

1. Any Arizona QB.

2. Any Jaguars QB.

3. Any Browns QB.

4. Any Raiders QB.

5. Any KC QB.

6. Christian Ponder

7. Michael Vick

8. Jake Locker

9. Fitzpatrick 2011 or EJ Manuel 2013

10. Ryan Tannehill 2012 or Henne 2011

11. Josh Freeman

Thats my bottom third in no particular order. I would still put a few more QBs behind Sanchez. He had 32 TDs in 2011. Only 5 QBs had more TDs than him in 2011, and 4 QBs in 2012 that had more than 32 TDs.  Sanchez had Holmes and an aging slow Burress start at WR. He had an aging LT to catch out of the backfield, and his run game was non existent for the most part (Sanchez had the most rushing TDs on the team).

Sanchez is an average QB and can and has lead this team to the AFCCG (twice) if n when given adequate talent on offense and I doubt u can dispute that. Since most of out money n resources were being spent on D, the offense will naturally be low on talent. Do you know who was catching the balls from Sanchez last year? Yes, rookie and practice squad players. His only real receiver was a 5th round pick couple years ago (Kerley). He had NO safety blanket (keller injured for the most part of the season and Greene can not catch). When you add all this up, along with a streaky QB, you get one of the worst QB performance of the year.

Sanchez' QB rating in playoffs is near 100. Yes, that is not a mistake and your Ponders, Vicks, Lockers, Freeman and your Tannehills of the world have either not been to playoffs, or haven't' had any success in them.

I believe Rex when he says we'll see Sanchez' best football this year.

Oh please.  Rodgers and Brees could make Curtis Conway look like a Hall of Famer. This is a tired argument.

Brees couldn't make a pro bowler out of Devery Henderson (let alone a hall of famer) in 9 years including several years as their #2 WR.

Rodgers couldn't turn James Jones in to a pro bowler as a full time starter last year even after spending 7 years together.

YOUR argument is a tired argument.

Brees couldn't make a pro bowler out of Devery Henderson (let alone a hall of famer) in 9 years including several years as their #2 WR.

Rodgers couldn't turn James Jones in to a pro bowler as a full time starter last year even after spending 7 years together.

YOUR argument is a tired argument.

LOL I remember a couple games where James Jones caught 3 TD's in each game.  I'm not suggesting Brees could turn Devery Henderson into some HOF guy, he can turn them into servicable receivers.  This idea that we need 12 Megatrons to make Sanchez look good is stupid.  He's still a bad QB.  Everyone who watches Brees and Rodgers knows they're the best.  Either you pass the eye test or not in this league, it has little to do with "weapons". 

And even when he had a corps of Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery, Keller and LT, Sanchez still sucked.  So what does that tell you?

Im going to use his 2011 performance since he had no offensive weapon in 2012

Here's the list of players/team in random order that I would not take on my team ahead of Sanchez.

1. Any Arizona QB.

2. Any Jaguars QB.

3. Any Browns QB.

4. Any Raiders QB.

5. Any KC QB.

6. Christian Ponder

7. Michael Vick

8. Jake Locker

9. Fitzpatrick 2011 or EJ Manuel 2013

10. Ryan Tannehill 2012 or Henne 2011

11. Josh Freeman

Thats my bottom third in no particular order. I would still put a few more QBs behind Sanchez. He had 32 TDs in 2011. Only 5 QBs had more TDs than him in 2011, and 4 QBs in 2012 that had more than 32 TDs.  Sanchez had Holmes and an aging slow Burress start at WR. He had an aging LT to catch out of the backfield, and his run game was non existent for the most part (Sanchez had the most rushing TDs on the team).

Sanchez is an average QB and can and has lead this team to the AFCCG (twice) if n when given adequate talent on offense and I doubt u can dispute that. Since most of out money n resources were being spent on D, the offense will naturally be low on talent. Do you know who was catching the balls from Sanchez last year? Yes, rookie and practice squad players. His only real receiver was a 5th round pick couple years ago (Kerley). He had NO safety blanket (keller injured for the most part of the season and Greene can not catch). When you add all this up, along with a streaky QB, you get one of the worst QB performance of the year.

Sanchez' QB rating in playoffs is near 100. Yes, that is not a mistake and your Ponders, Vicks, Lockers, Freeman and your Tannehills of the world have either not been to playoffs, or haven't' had any success in them.

I believe Rex when he says we'll see Sanchez' best football this year.

haha the discussion was about 2012 not 2011, way to try to weasel out of admitting you are wrong (and conveniently picking a year with like 6 rookies starting)

haha the discussion was about 2012 not 2011, way to try to weasel out of admitting you are wrong (and conveniently picking a year with like 6 rookies starting)

Maybe you missed the part where I told you you were judging Sanchez based on one year, when he had zero help? Even in 2011, he had a one-legged WR running routes, so not elite talent. Like I said, he's an average QB n his cast is what will make him above average or below average. And. The. 6 rookies you speak of, still suck.

Maybe you missed the part where I told you you were judging Sanchez based on one year, when he had zero help? Even in 2011, he had a one-legged WR running routes, so not elite talent. Like I said, he's an average QB n his cast is what will make him above average or below average. And. The. 6 rookies you speak of, still suck.

You are entitled to your opinion but it is pointless to argue with you because you simply hypothesize away sanchez's poor performance by inventing in your mind the performance you think he would have with a different team while evaluating his comparators strictly on their actual performance without making any adjustment for their supporting casts. That's called homerism and it cannot be debated with. But thank you for clarifying that your opinions are based on emotion and not facts.

You are entitled to your opinion but it is pointless to argue with you because you simply hypothesize away sanchez's poor performance by inventing in your mind the performance you think he would have with a different team while evaluating his comparators strictly on their actual performance without making any adjustment for their supporting casts. That's called homerism and it cannot be debated with. But thank you for clarifying that your opinions are based on emotion and not facts.

Supporting cast adjustment?

1. Arizona QB - Larry Fitzgerald, Michael Floyd, Beanie Wells, no real TE, but this group of QB was the worst in the NFL

2. Jaguars QB - Justin Blackmon, Jordan Shipley, Mercedes Lewis and MJD

3. Browns QB - Josh Gordon, Greg Little, Trent Richardson

4. Raiders QB - DHB, Denarius Moore, Brandon Myers, Marcel Reece, McFadden, Goodson

5. KC QB - Dwayne Bowe, Breaston, Moeaki, Jamal Charles, Peyton Hillis

6. Christian Ponder - Percy Harvin, Michael Jenkins, Kyle Rudolph, Adrian Peterson

7. Eagles QBs - Jeremy Maclin, Desean Jackson, Jason Avant, Brent Celek, LeSean McCoy

8. Jake Locker - Nate Washington, Kendall Wright, Kenny Britt, Jared Cook, Chris Johnson

9. Fitzpatrick - Stevie Johnson, Donald Jones, Scott Chandler, CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson

10. Ryan Tannehill - Bess, Hartline, Fasano, Reggie Bush, Daniel Thomas

11. Josh Freeman - Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, Dallas Clark, Doug Martin

??. Mark Sanchez - Kerley (one career start), Hill (raw rookie), Clyde Gates (ZERO career starts), Schilen (18 career starts, Cumberland (ZERO career starts), Greene (rock hands).

Do you see a group in there thats weaker than the Jets? Yes, I forgot to adjust for supporting cast.

Archived