Sign in to follow this  
T0mShane

Jets to work out Josh Cribbs (per Schefter)

they should just cancel the games then. If they aren't gonna try. 

LOL...  Who spiked your Mocha Latte?

Might be the first time I've seen you pessimistic let alone this up in arms.

Seriously with this?  What would you like them to do?  Build the exact opposite way all the successful franchises do?  What was the last team that had success by spending big bucks in the offseason?  Did you think we'd be able to fix all of our problems in one offseason?

I'd say drafting the top CB prospect, the # 2 DT prospect and the top QB prospect is evidence of "trying". 

This thread is an example of fans getting their hopes up for a player who will never sign here. Why? Because more than one team is interested and the Jets don't sign guys who have multiple suitors. 

There's a middle ground between spending big bucks and spending no bucks. The Jets are filling the roster with cannon fodder and guys no one wants.

Edited by bitonti

Not even close, oh crusher of dreams.  I was on Clyde Gates long ago.

I don't read threads started by Gato.

But it does appear you've been on it for a couple months..  I'll be wingman on it.  Whether you want one or not.

There's absolutely no cause for it either, its bizarre.  I haven't been this excited about the Jets' future in a while.  Just because we might go 5-11 season doesn't mean you just throw up your hands and say "f*** this".  We all knew this would have to happen first.   

LOL...  Who spiked your Mocha Latte?

If you look at the Jets only it's easy to say this is a new way forward and that's a good thing. 

If you look at the other 31 teams they are getting better (or at least trying) and the Jets are filling out a lineup card. 

This thread is an example of fans getting their hopes up for a player who will never sign here. Why? Because more than one team is interested and the Jets don't sign guys who have multiple suitors. 

There's a middle ground between spending big bucks and spending no bucks. The Jets are filling the roster with cannon fodder and guys no one want.

lol.  Who cares?  I would have liked to see Cribbs here at the right price, but as Sperm mentioned, at least we don't lose a comp pick for a guy that might only be here 1 season. 

Not to mention, its only May.  Why do you assume we're not planning to spend a little more this offseason?  June 1st cuts haven't even happened yet.

If you look at the Jets only it's easy to say this is a new way forward and that's a good thing. 

If you look at the other 31 teams they are getting better (or at least trying) and the Jets are filling out a lineup card. 

So we should be like the Raiders.  Cool.

There's absolutely no cause for it either, its bizarre.  I haven't been this excited about the Jets' future in a while.  Just because we might go 5-11 season doesn't mean you just throw up your hands and say "f*** this".  We all knew this would have to happen first.   

see that's the thing i don't buy that going 5-11 after going 6-10 is a way forward. It's not shawshank. The Jets don't have to crawl through a river of s--t to come out clean the other side. They could just sign quality players. But that's crazy talk. 

by the way the reason I'm mad today is i looked at the roster. The WR corp is terrible. The TE are worse. The line is worse. The defense is worse. They have 3 mediocre QB instead of 1 mediocre QB. The trend is down. 

The running backs are better. I'll give them that. 

Edited by bitonti

They could just sign quality players. But that's crazy talk. 

by the way the reason I'm mad today is i looked at the roster. The WR corp is terrible. The TE are worse. The line is worse. The defense is worse. They have 3 mediocre QB instead of 1 mediocre QB. The trend is down. 

LOL.  What quality players are out there to sign right now?  Dallas Clark (nope)?  Give me a list.

Edited by Jetsfan80

What of the handful of high priced FA's would you have had them sign?  There are still a lot of name recognition guys on the street because NO ONE is interested. 

I'll use as Idzikism and ask that you let this play out a bit more.

LOL.  What quality players are out there to sign right now?  Dallas Clark (nope)?  Give me a list.

If the Jets bring back Brandon Moore he's the best guard on the roster. By far.  If they sign any WR we've heard of that guy is an instant starter. the offense reeks.

Edited by bitonti

If the Jets bring back Brandon Moore he's the best guard on the roster. By far.  If they sign any WR we've heard of that guy is an instant starter. the offense reeks.

Moore is an UFA who hasn't been signed by ANYONE yet.  Perhaps Idzik will get him to come back cheap once Moore realizes the market out there isn't favorable?  Did you see how many offensive linemen (particularly guards) got drafted this year?  Especially by us?  I like Moore, but what teams are beating on the door to get our "best guard on the roster by far"?

Give me some names of WR's.  And if you say "Braylon" I will smack you on the mouth.  34-year old Brandon Lloyd?  Steve Breaston? 

F that.  I'd rather see if Stephen Hill takes the next step, cut Santonio after the season, and draft a WR.  Holmes-Hill-Kerley will probably look like a much better trio when Garrard or Geno are taking snaps.  Jordan White and Gates are fine enough at the 4 and 5 spots.

I'd like to get a TE but there's NO ONE out there.  Maybe someone gets cut June 1st who can help us.

Edited by Jetsfan80

Moore is an UFA who hasn't been signed by ANYONE yet.  Perhaps Idzik will get him to come back cheap once Moore realizes the market out there isn't favorable?  Did you see how many offensive linemen (particularly guards) got drafted this year?  Especially by us?  I like Moore, but what teams are beating on the door to get our "best guard on the roster by far"?

Give me some names of WR's. 

You ask me a name and I give you a perfect name. But you say that guy sucks cause he hasn't been signed. Of course.  

But if Kevin Boss or Brent Celek get cut this preseason and the Jets miraculously sign them, we'll believe they are awesome. Because they got cut. 

How are the Jets gonna sign any quality players if they are scared to lose comp picks? The answer is they aren't. 

For WR any of em would start. Barden, Edwards, Cribbs. 

Edited by bitonti

it's like shopping in the generic aisle at the supermarket. the fans want Coca Cola and Idzik puts America's Choice Cola in the cart. 

Why the long face? Because it sux. Oh yeah it's great for the bottom line. But this season is shaping up to be unwatchable. 

we have 3 pages of thread about a player who the Jets won't sign. The jets can only sign players no one wants, for the vet minimum. Um... okie. 

No, it's like a bunch of impetuous children screaming "I want! I want! I want!" and Idzik ignoring them and setting up their college fund, since they haven't had one the past few years as they were spoiled by getting every immediate bit of gratification they clamored for.

You ask me a name and I give you a perfect name. But you say that guy sucks cause he hasn't been signed. Of course.  

But if Kevin Boss or Brent Celek get cut this preseason and the Jets miraculously sign them, we'll believe they are awesome. Because they got cut. 

How are the Jets gonna sign any quality players if they are scared to lose comp picks? The answer is they aren't. 

I said I like Moore.  Where did I say he sucks?  Get out of here with that sh**.

So Ramses Barden is a "quality player" now?  LMAO.

There are no upper echelon players to be signed.  Of course they're going to sign another WR but are deciding on which one.

In the meantime let me throw a name at you who's due for a breakout year...

Clyde Gates.

You deserve every neg rep you get.  You want quality players that don't exist.  You want to complain just to complain.  And you used to be the biggest homer around.  Makes sense that now you swing the opposite direction.  The rest of us are realists.

You deserve every neg rep you get.  You want quality players that don't exist.  You want to complain just to complain.  And you used to be the biggest homer around.  Makes sense that now you swing the opposite direction.  The rest of us are realists.

Brandon Moore exists. The line is worse than last year. Throwing bodies at a problem is not the same as upgrading. 

Brandon Moore exists. The line is worse than last year. Throwing bodies at a problem is not the same as upgrading. 

I disagree.  We invested a 3rd round pick in a nasty guard.  Just because he wasn't a free agent doesn't mean we aren't trying to upgrade.  Moore is what, 33 years old now?

6-10? that sounds like 6 wins too many. Only if the Jets lose every game, can they really start the rebuilding process. 

0-16 = Clowney.  Or a QB.  I'm on board with that if it happened that way. 

Edited by Jetsfan80

I disagree.  We invested a 3rd round pick in a nasty guard.  Just because he wasn't a free agent doesn't mean we aren't trying to upgrade.  Moore is what, 33 years old now?

Take Winters out of it for a second. There are two guard spots and there's no way Colon/Peterman/Vlad is better than Moore.