Dee Milliner Has Fired His Agent.

Villain The Foe

Very common. Different expertise.

Sanchez's brother handles his endorsements

He's the reason I have to watch Mark in a Pepsi commercial after he just wrapped up the game with his 3rd INT? This whole GD family is jamming me up. He should get an endorsement deal for the father emphasising the importance of birth control.

It's not the fact that he fired his agent that worries me, it's the reason he fired his agent that worries me.

And we heard this reason from where exactly?  Milliner? His former agents? The media?  You know we aren't going to get the true story from any of them right?

And we heard this reason from where exactly?  Milliner? His former agents? The media?  You know we aren't going to get the true story from any of them right?

We rarely get the truth from anybody these days.  Agent. Team. Player.   When a player does tweet the truth, people jump on them.    

I'm sure it's a combination of everything that's been said and a bunch of other stuff.    It's just odd that the Jets had 3 'big name' picks and two of them have already fired their agents.     

And now with the Goodson crap, and the blown out Revis trade crap,   the idea of not being a Circus,  is kind of funny.  They are the same old Jets who just seem to have bad luck or bad decisions or odd things happen.     None of it means anything, but if they wind up 4-12, it's just another one of those seasons where a bunch of BS happened that wasn't good, and they sucked.

jay-z isn't geno's real agent. he'd be a marketing endorsement type guy. the contract agent is not gonna be jay z

as for milliner the dude ran his 4.3 Maybe he should have gone higher. the message became about his 3 (minor) surgeries and not about how he was best cornerback in the nation. part of an agent's job is to control the message and look out for his clients.  a guy with a friggin ruptured heart (Dj hayden) went 13 in part because of great agentry. Being an agent is a job that requires skill. 

also this highlights how hard it is to be an agent. these guys paid alot of money training and taking care of these guys and they get dumped right before the first payout. It's a cutthroat business just like the NFL. 

Unless he already has somebody he knows,  there is no trust. It's just hiring another agent who will be full of crap and promise the world.   When they dont' deliver, does he fire them too?    

The agent might be an idiot and deserve to be fired.  But half the time it's on both sides.   The Elvis not wanting a paycut,  agreeing last minute, his agent faxes over the paperwork a few minutes late,  and the rest is history.   Agents gets all the blame. Gets fired.       Player seems like he was just influenced by agent.     Nobody actually ever believes that's true.  Unless the player is a complete idiot.

I'm sure there is more to this story, but at face value,  firing your agent because you thought you should have been drafted top 5,  is kind of stupid.  All I know is if Geno and Dee wind up going with Revis's agent,  it's not a good thing.

You can't trust anybody!  Why even let them choose?  Should they just take what the owners give them or let the owners pick their agents.  They have every right to pick their agents and make an informed choice.  FWIW, Smith has plenty of reasons to think his agents ****ed him in the pre-draft process.  Miliner might too. 

After firing Impact Sports on May 10, New York Jets rookie cornerback Dee Milliner now has a new agency.

The Alabama alum signed with agents Pat Dye and Bill Johnson on Thursday, after the five-business-day waiting period expired, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport confirmed. The news was first reported by SportsBusiness Journal.

Milliner, who was projected by many pundits to be a top-five pick, dismissed Impact Sports and lead agent Tony Fleming after falling to ninth in the 2013 NFL Draft.

"I know that everything was done to ensure that Mr. Milliner would be drafted as high as possible," Fleming said to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport on Thursday. "Dee was the first cornerback selected, and he was drafted ninth overall to the New York Jets. This is a tremendous accomplishment. I wish Mr. Milliner future success in his professional career."

Milliner became the second Jets rookie to fire his representation, after quarterback Geno Smith parted ways with Select Sports in late April. 

Archived