Leelou's Princess Bride Mafia - Game thread

Leelou

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously? AVM is vouching for Ishy, while Ishy is countering wombat in some way. Logically scum wouldn't trade 2 for 1

Gut says final scum amongst you, jc, lily and probably crusher

Sure you don't want to add a couple more names to that list?

Says the newfag.

That is what you dweebs call each other, right?

You calling someone s dweeb is like PAC calling a Mexican a Mexican. It's dangerous to do such things... You mess with space derp continuum.

No it's not bullsh*t. Nolder is far more likely to blind hammer as town and say eff you lunch, than as scum. He plays scum timid, plays town defiant.

Lynching without a reveal is just stupid careless and anti-town. If you want to call that defiant instead thats fine.

GFY crusher, you idiots do it here all the time. Especially D1

Like I said I have done it as scum. I have seen it done but I already had a feeling on Nolder before he did it. Just stuck out to me. If I understood the whole Ishy accusing Wombat thing better I could change my vote. I would also go for Lilly.

2 quick observations.

Wbat is fear mongering, probably more than I can remember from a player in a particular game.  I'm willing to lynch on this premise.  Dont really care what his role does, its early and if there was a time to try it, that time would be now.

Ape's pinging.  He not nearly "beating the grass" as much as he usually does.  Very fixated on Lily and JC, which he always thinks is scum.  Feel like its a good cover for him.  Dont like his play so far.

Like I said I have done it as scum. I have seen it done but I already had a feeling on Nolder before he did it. Just stuck out to me. If I understood the whole Ishy accusing Wombat thing better I could change my vote. I would also go for Lilly.

Good. 

After this back-and-forth I'm leaning more town for you too. I just think we disagree on Nolder, but I'm fairly confident a scum Crusher wouldn't show the backbone to stick to this as much as you are, especially if you were framing him. Which makes me want to look closer at the other people that pushed for a quick and easy Nolder lynch. 

Seriously? AVM is vouching for Ishy, while Ishy is countering wombat in some way. Logically scum wouldn't trade 2 for 1

Gut says final scum amongst you, jc, lily and probably crusher

The Apesh*t is staring to smell. Since when were Ishy and AVM confirmed anything? I'd rather lunch Lily today.

2 quick observations.

Wbat is fear mongering, probably more than I can remember from a player in a particular game. I'm willing to lynch on this premise. Dont really care what his role does, its early and if there was a time to try it, that time would be now.

Ape's pinging. He not nearly "beating the grass" as much as he usually does. Very fixated on Lily and JC, which he always thinks is scum. Feel like its a good cover for him. Dont like his play so far.

I agree with all of this. I just can't vote Wombat on a whim though IMO. I'd rather let it play out.

2 quick observations.

Wbat is fear mongering, probably more than I can remember from a player in a particular game.  I'm willing to lynch on this premise.  Dont really care what his role does, its early and if there was a time to try it, that time would be now.

Ape's pinging.  He not nearly "beating the grass" as much as he usually does.  Very fixated on Lily and JC, which he always thinks is scum.  Feel like its a good cover for him.  Dont like his play so far.

I just played a game on DM in which I did more scum hunting AS SCUM than I've ever done in a game. Why? I had time for it. The extent to which I "beat the grass" is not in any way tied to my alignment, it's tied to my free time. If I've got time, I'll be as relentless as my boredom allows for as either town or scum.

I said it before this game started, I am burnt out, and I am extremely busy. If you are going to case me, or vote me, or whatever, do it based on what I've contributed to this game, not on the fact that I haven't met the ridiculous standard for volume that I've set in the past when I have way too much free time. If I'm going to continue to play mafia, this is how it's going to be. I can't hold all this game crap in my head anymore, and I can't be online whenever I want anymore. 

I know you've been busy making up stories about banging 17 year olds, so maybe you missed me talking about this... but do you realize that all of last week I was completing my work responsibilities in the evenings, because my days were consumed with bullsh*t related to buying a house? Every bit I've contributed to this game has come at the expense of other, much more important things I'm neglecting.

If you want to make a case that I'm not scum hunting, then maybe reference my play and how I have used the time I've had to invest. On D1 I pressed on a handful of people, I believe Mish, Hess, Wombat were some, then Darthe pinged me HUGE and it was my case that ultimately led to his lynch. On D2 I've been pressing on Lily, Jetscode, Hess, Mish and Crusher, while also apparently being the ONLY one paying attention enough to have noticed what AVM and Ishy are soft-claiming, and given my take on Nolder as well. 

I'd say, despite not overwhelming the whole game with my pomposity and paranoia, that I'm the ONLY person here actually working multiple pressures, and taking a stance by putting my reads out in the open. I took a quick look to see what kind of scum hunting you are doing... None.

So all that said, what a load of horse sh*t. If you want to come at me, do it with something credible. This is ******* garbage.

You are all going to have to adjust your expectations of me, the Ape that plays every game at 110% is gone. It's only going to get worse once the baby is here. This is part of why I didn't want to play this game, it's part of why I don't like playing in general anymore. The expectations I have to fulfill have become ridiculous. 

Reading between the lines, I think AVM is vouching for Ishy --- am I wrong about this guys? Or am i the dumb one?

I am indeed

So above is a question to AVM, and his response. Apesh*t indeed. It's plain as day in the thread.

The Apesh*t is staring to smell. Since when were Ishy and AVM confirmed anything? I'd rather lunch Lily today.

I said AVM is confirming Ishy. I didn't say they were confirmed anything, but logically, there's absolutely no reason why scum would trade 2 of their players for Wombat the 'Guard'. 

So yeah, Apesh*t indeed. Filthy pig. You second JIF's FOS of me and then follow by ignoring what's in the thread, and then advocate lynching the person I WAS voting before I moved to Wombat. Unreal.

I agree with all of this. I just can't vote Wombat on a whim though IMO. I'd rather let it play out.

Really? Because you usually have no problem voting anyone on a whim. 

I just played a game on DM in which I did more scum hunting AS SCUM than I've ever done in a game. Why? I had time for it. The extent to which I "beat the grass" is not in any way tied to my alignment, it's tied to my free time. If I've got time, I'll be as relentless as my boredom allows for as either town or scum.

I said it before this game started, I am burnt out, and I am extremely busy. If you are going to case me, or vote me, or whatever, do it based on what I've contributed to this game, not on the fact that I haven't met the ridiculous standard for volume that I've set in the past when I have way too much free time. If I'm going to continue to play mafia, this is how it's going to be. I can't hold all this game crap in my head anymore, and I can't be online whenever I want anymore.

I know you've been busy making up stories about banging 17 year olds, so maybe you missed me talking about this... but do you realize that all of last week I was completing my work responsibilities in the evenings, because my days were consumed with bullsh*t related to buying a house? Every bit I've contributed to this game has come at the expense of other, much more important things I'm neglecting.

If you want to make a case that I'm not scum hunting, then maybe reference my play and how I have used the time I've had to invest. On D1 I pressed on a handful of people, I believe Mish, Hess, Wombat were some, then Darthe pinged me HUGE and it was my case that ultimately led to his lynch. On D2 I've been pressing on Lily, Jetscode, Hess, Mish and Crusher, while also apparently being the ONLY one paying attention enough to have noticed what AVM and Ishy are soft-claiming, and given my take on Nolder as well.

I'd say, despite not overwhelming the whole game with my pomposity and paranoia, that I'm the ONLY person here actually working multiple pressures, and taking a stance by putting my reads out in the open. I took a quick look to see what kind of scum hunting you are doing... None.

So all that said, what a load of horse sh*t. If you want to come at me, do it with something credible. This is ******* garbage.

You are all going to have to adjust your expectations of me, the Ape that plays every game at 110% is gone. It's only going to get worse once the baby is here. This is part of why I didn't want to play this game, it's part of why I don't like playing in general anymore. The expectations I have to fulfill have become ridiculous.

Sorry but the list seems convrived. You're p/u weird tidbits from nothing and adding each player to your list. Like for you, the reasoning for me was weird. It had nothing to do with my voting yesterday which was actually a good reason to vote me, instead you went with some weird sh*t bc I said I was gonna vote Pac. You and Wombat going after me for wifoms...seems odd.

So above is a question to AVM, and his response. Apesh*t indeed. It's plain as day in the thread.

I said AVM is confirming Ishy. I didn't say they were confirmed anything, but logically, there's absolutely no reason why scum would trade 2 of their players for Wombat the 'Guard'. 

So yeah, Apesh*t indeed. Filthy pig. You second JIF's FOS of me and then follow by ignoring what's in the thread, and then advocate lynching the person I WAS voting before I moved to Wombat. Unreal.

Do AVM and Ishy want to confirm this for the masses or should we just trust the Ape? 

Total BS. I'm more carefree on D1 than most. That's about it. We have 80 and Nol now. It also really depends on my role.

JIF, I actually don't know if you were being serious about me, or making a trap play... but if it nets us Hess as scum here, I'll go 51/49 split on the credit, you get 49%. LOL

I'm trying to be patient with you this game. Not sure why you're freaking out over getting FOS'ed.

JiF's traps are awesome. They work everytime.

Sorry but the list seems convrived. You're p/u weird tidbits from nothing and adding each player to your list. Like for you, the reasoning for me was weird. It had nothing to do with my voting yesterday which was actually a good reason to vote me, instead you went with some weird sh*t bc I said I was gonna vote Pac. You and Wombat going after me for wifoms...seems odd.

Weird tidbits? WTF are you talking about?

You are on my list for the following reasons: 

1. you were TOO eager to do the old "I'm town, not scum or third party" lie detector statement, 

2. you dropped a very scummy vote on Nolder giving him a 4th vote, on the train started on the premise of "lynch nolder wednesday" something I feel is a dangling carrot for scum, so you felt like the scum vote on that train at the time

3. you are ignoring that Ishy and AVM are clearly soft-claiming / vouching for each other, and countering Wombat

4. you seconded JIF's FOS of me, and then pushed suspicion of Lily (someone I've been all over), both statements work to counter the lynch on Wombat

I don't know if those are "tidbits" or what you want to call them, but I know they aren't weird, and I know they are pretty straight-forward. I'm not wrapping narrative around them because I've learned over time that people are more inclined to see what I see when I'm scum hunting, when I leave my hyperactive imagination out of stringing things together and just present the events/statements that I believe are incriminating. 

That was the part of my game that was missing. I could spot scum, but not get them lynched. Now, I've learned not to oversell it, and just present the incriminating evidence and allow others to think and draw their own conclusions. 

Weird tidbits. Pfftt.. you idiot.

Do AVM and Ishy want to confirm this for the masses or should we just trust the Ape? 

I'm really surprised you didn't notice this, I mean you were clearly online at the time. Maybe you missed it while you were posting quotes by dead guys in order to keep up the pseudo-intellectualism thing.

I'm really surprised you didn't notice this, I mean you were clearly online at the time. Maybe you missed it while you were posting quotes by dead guys in order to keep up the pseudo-intellectualism thing.

A trained Ape can know an awful lot about this world just by clicking on his mouse...so yeah...observation complete...yet I did not see AVM and or Ishy confirm anything even though I asked last night...so go suck a bag of dicks windbag...I like the pseudo-intellectual thing...it keeps me warm.

Weird tidbits? WTF are you talking about?

You are on my list for the following reasons:

1. you were TOO eager to do the old "I'm town, not scum or third party" lie detector statement,

2. you dropped a very scummy vote on Nolder giving him a 4th vote, on the train started on the premise of "lynch nolder wednesday" something I feel is a dangling carrot for scum, so you felt like the scum vote on that train at the time

3. you are ignoring that Ishy and AVM are clearly soft-claiming / vouching for each other, and countering Wombat

4. you seconded JIF's FOS of me, and then pushed suspicion of Lily (someone I've been all over), both statements work to counter the lynch on Wombat

I don't know if those are "tidbits" or what you want to call them, but I know they aren't weird, and I know they are pretty straight-forward. I'm not wrapping narrative around them because I've learned over time that people are more inclined to see what I see when I'm scum hunting, when I leave my hyperactive imagination out of stringing things together and just present the events/statements that I believe are incriminating.

That was the part of my game that was missing. I could spot scum, but not get them lynched. Now, I've learned not to oversell it, and just present the incriminating evidence and allow others to think and draw their own conclusions.

Weird tidbits. Pfftt.. you idiot.

Your reasoning for voting me earlier today via thread was the wifom that I would have voted Pac.

I wasn't surprised for the vote but was for the reasoning. Wombat did the same thing. Seemed weird.

Now you're giving other reasons which is fine.

I'm also not ignoring the AVM/Ishy thing.

What's pinging me is that you seem extremely definitive about it all as if you know why's going on. Chillax.

This reason worries me the most. That's a correlation a rookie mafia player would make on D2. As if on D2 any of us would have a perfectly fit little box of scum. That there's no such thing as bussing, that if I think A is scum then B must be an automatic assumption...on D2.

Your best scum tell for me is that you eventually jump the gun and overplay yourself as antagonist to everyone.

I'm sensing it now fwiw.

Gents,

I could hammer Wombat for the lulz...but still not getting whatever the **** you guys are talking about...rather have Ishy explain it to me...I'll wait for that...other than that...more cocktails and watching the Spurs...

Me...asking Ishy to explain.

Reading between the lines, I think AVM is vouching for Ishy --- am I wrong about this guys? Or am i the dumb one?

You...asking either to clarify.

The only difference...I like my facts confirmed...facts are stubborn...another dead old guy quote...John Adams if you're wondering...anyway...facts confirmed by the particulars not the assumptions of an Ape...so yeah...let's string up Wombat after AVM and Ishy detail their relationship.

GFY crusher, you idiots do it here all the time. Especially D1

You idiots?  What, you're not one of us now?  

DM'er fag.

Lulza - your participation level is fine.  Just seems that you're fixated on 2 players after catching up this morning.  Thats it. Thats all.  That's a direct response to your play, not your activity level.  When I say "beating the grass" I'm not referring to your domination of the post count but more so your flinging of FOS's everywhere and anywhere...which you can certainly do at the level of activity your putting in.

And I really could give a sh*t about what game you played with who and some fantasy land site and who played great and what their alignment was...it means nothing to me or this game. 

Hey guys.

I'm very busy at work right now so I'm not sure I'm getting everything right here.

What I understand of the situation is:

At least one of Ishy and Wombat is lying. Somehow AVM claims that he knows what's the score.

If Ishy is lying, that should mean he must be doing it to take Wombat down. 
But how does AVM enter the picture in that case? He's unlikely be on a scum team with Ishy, I can't see how that would be worth it for them.

If Wombat is lying, that should mean that he just made some BS up on day 1 to save his ass. Also, that also means he's making more BS up today.

Which side to believe?
Well, even though Ishy + AVM did no claim (expect for Wombat's lying), I find it much more likely that Wombat's the liar here. While his story was completely believable day 1 (my impression was that he only got attention because he started taking this seriously first and his story made sense), his reactions day 2 just stink. Where is this conversion story coming from? Worse, what's up with his threat of missing a day phase if we lynch him? Why would his death mean a skipped phase? That was the Beloved Princess, not him?

So we have three options now. A) lynch Wombat, B) lynch Ishy, or C) lynch someone else. My logic says we should do C), but my experience says that no one ever does that, with claims and counterclaims it's usually decided right there.

Anyway, I'll be around - more or less. SI the deadline in two hours?

I am indeed

Then what exactly is that????  We even had Wombat respond directly to it.

Dupe!

Vote Count: 

Wombat (5) - AVM, Ishy, Nol, Lily, Ape

Nol (3) - Crushlove, JC, Mish
Hess (1) - JiF

Ishy (1) - Wombat

Lily (1) - Hess

Mish (1) - csalami

Not voting: 80

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline - Monday 3 pm est -- are you guy good with it or want me to move it to Tuesday? 

Archived