All-Shore Gridiron Classic Football Preview

Maxman

by Gregg Lerner on Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 1:50 PM  / Updated Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 1:58 PM

image.png

The 36th U.S. Army All-Shore Gridiron Classic, which matches some of the top seniors from Monmouth County against a collection from Ocean County, will be held July 18 at Toms River North. Kickoff is at 7 p.m.

Monmouth County leads the all-time series, 19-15-1, including a 28-7 triumph in last year’s affair. Here is a look at the rosters for both the Monmouth and Ocean teams.

MONMOUTH

Offense

QB: Mike Campbell, Colts Neck; Ryan Kurtz, Keansburg; Ajee Patterson, Neptune.

RB: Dwight Clark, Long Branch; Jack Kelly, Shore Reg.; Myles Martin, Neptune; Jake Ripnick, Middletown South; Conor Walsh, Rumson.

WR: Greg Armstong, Keyport; Robbie Cantelli, Holmdel; Tory Robinson, Howell; James Taylor, Red Bank Catholic; Tim Vangelas, Colts Neck.

TE: Connor Canonico, Colts Neck; Sheldon McCue, Monmouth Reg.

OL: Derrick Brooks, Manalapan; Matt Hicks, Ocean Twp.; Anthony Howard, Long Branch; Domingo Perez, Asbury Park; Shane Sullivan, Mater Dei; Evan Sweeney, Wall; Harry Warner, Manasquan; Seamus Welden, Matawan.

Defense

DL: David Calderon, Neptune; Richie Curran, Red Bank Catholic; Shaquille Gittens, Neptune; Manny Maragoto, Freehold Twp.; Kevin Smith, Freehold Boro; Thomas Vetrano, Marlboro.

LB: Travis Clark, Rumson; Dylan Hroncich, Red Bank Catholic; Dan Incle, Matawan; Joscil Jackson, Long Branch; Brett Lambert, Holmdel; Dom Pedone, Middletown North; Dillon Stambaugh, Red Bank; Gio Zefferino, Colts Neck.

DB: Steve Callari, St. John Vianney; Matt Costantino, Shore Reg.; Connor Grogan, Manasquan; Chris Miller, Manasquan; Corey Morris, Long Branch; Nick Pasquenza, Raritan; Brett Roach, Long Branch; Eli Smith, Manasquan; Chris Whitlock, Red Bank Catholic.

Head coach: Greg LaCava, Colts Neck.

Assistants: Frank Papalia, Holmdel; Tom Letson; Greg Hope; K.C. Keenan; Sam Kinningham; Matt Walsh; Chris Bova; Fred Sprengel; Don Klein; Anthony Petruzzi; Derek Sininsky; Joe Murphy; John Andl; Greg Mordas.

OCEAN

Offense

QB: Dan Higgins, Southern Reg.; Chris Oliphant, Point Pleasant Boro; Trevor Signorino, Toms River South.

RB: Abe Gonzalez, Southern Reg.; Grant Klimek, Msgr. Donovan; Kyle Samaritano, Point Pleasant Beach; Kyle Spatz, Lacey; Danny Tighe, Point Pleasant Beach.

WR: Bill Belford, Lacey; Andre Cochran, Point Pleasant Beach; Gerald Grimes, Pinelands; Nick Hem, Southern Reg.; Kyle McGarry, Point Pleasant Boro; Pat Moran, Barnegat.

TE: Jeremy Sousa, Jackson Liberty; Anthony Speziale, Southern Reg.

OL: Ryan Boyle, Southern Reg.; Tyler Brochu, Toms River North; Sean Conway, Toms River South; Brian Cuthbert, Point Pleasant Boro; Corey Foltzer, Jackson Liberty; Steve Kenney, Msgr. Donovan; Quinn Kusma, Point Pleasant Beach; Andy Ullman, Msgr. Donovan; Tyler Walsh, Lacey.

Defense

DL: Nick Anderson, Barnegat; Ahmed Foster, Jackson Liberty; John Gaboff; Jackson; Garrett Kroeger, Toms River North; Richie Kuhn, Brick Memorial; Tim Morris, Point Pleasant Beach; Ryan Prout, Point Pleasant Boro; Dan Watson, Brick.

LB: Chris Cruz, Jackson Liberty; Doug Cuccinello, Brick; Tom Farrell, Msgr. Donovan; Pat Gallagher, Toms River East; Blake Jambor, Central Reg.; Marquis Oliver, Lakewood; Chris Stoma, Barnegat; Kurt Van Benschoten, Point Pleasant Boro.

DB: Joe Fitzsimmons, Point Pleasant Boro; Kevin Ortiz, Msgr. Donovan; Tyron Wimberly, Lakewood.

K/P: Brett Blank, Point Pleasant Boro; John Sudol, Manchester Twp.

Head coach: John Wagner, Point Pleasant Beach.

Assistants: Gerard O’Donnell; Cory Davies; Paul Struncius; Bill Evans; Rich LaDuca; Tom Farrell; Jeff Bower; Sean Henry; Lewis Peccarella; Evan Baubles; Al Saner; Brendon Neary.

Gregg Lerner covers football for MSG Varsity. Follow him on Twitter: @gregglerner

That is pretty awesome....you must be super proud.  

It makes me feel old to hear about your son as a senior.   It seems like we've been following his career on this board for a while now....

Thanks, lucky for everyone here he only started playing football his sophomore year in high school.  Never played before that.  He played that one year and stopped playing every other sport.

So at least I have only made everyone listen to it for 3 years.  hahaha...I am really proud of him though, thanks.  I think he was like 9 or 10 when we launched JN.  He was a little smaller during those initial tailgates.

I am probably taking my 5 year old son to this game. You know what number your son willAwesome, thanks.  He is wearing # 67 for this game and is playing for Monmouth.  He is a Center.  So

Thanks.  He is wearing # 67 for this game, he is playing for Monmouth they will be in the white jerseys.  He is playing Center....feel free to stand and scream when they announce his name, haha.

Thanks and stay cool....it is going to be HOT tonight. 

cr726, on 17 Jul 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:snapback.png

I am probably taking my 5 year old son to this game. You know what number your son willAwesome, thanks.  He is wearing # 67 for this game and is playing for Monmouth.  He is a Center.  So

Thanks.  He is wearing # 67 for this game, he is playing for Monmouth they will be in the white jerseys.  He is playing Center....feel free to stand and scream when they announce his name, haha.

^ hahaha.  Even Max has trouble with this God awful quote system!

Congratulations Max and Shane!

cr726, on 17 Jul 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:snapback.png

^ hahaha.  Even Max has trouble with this God awful quote system!

Congratulations Max and Shane!

I was like where did that sentence just go after I typed it.  Now I found it, embededded in the original post, my bad.  LOL.

I don't remember the coaches ever telling him to bring a towel because of sweat.  It happens all the time for rain, snow etc.  But a towel to keep the sweat off your hands.  Fun stuff.

Thanks. He is wearing # 67 for this game, he is playing for Monmouth they will be in the white jerseys. He is playing Center....feel free to stand and scream when they announce his name, haha.

Sh!t I was just informed I have a soccer meeting for my daughter this evening. Will the game be on FIOS 1 or News12 tonight? Sorry I really wanted to check it out.

Congrats.

Every time I realize that your son is named "Shane", I giggle.

Thanks and I get what you are saying.  It is ironic.  That damn Tom Shane ruined a perfectly good name.

Sh!t I was just informed I have a soccer meeting for my daughter this evening. Will the game be on FIOS 1 or News12 tonight? Sorry I really wanted to check it out.

I think it is televised but I don't know much about that.  No worries though I will make everyone here read 10000000 updates on the game.  J\K.

Does he play guard?

Jets might need him if things don't go well in camp.

Congrarts Max, good stuff

He has played center and guard.  Not sure he is on the Vlad level though.  :)

wow thats an awesome page. congratulations shane. . . . oh yeah you too max.

His photo appears on another page.  But I will save that for when I want to bump this thread next week and torment people with the details of my life again.  :)

His photo appears on another page.  But I will save that for when I want to bump this thread next week and torment people with the details of my life again.  :)

how was the tailgate. is it safe to assume i was missed?

how was the tailgate. is it safe to assume i was missed?

The tailgate was good.  I bought a new grill, one of those pop up grills that you can wheel.  It worked out well!  Thanks.

Definitely got me pumped for the Jets though.  Can't wait to be at Metlife.

The tailgate was good.  I bought a new grill, one of those pop up grills that you can wheel.  It worked out well!  Thanks.

Definitely got me pumped for the Jets though.  Can't wait to be at Metlife.

i have one and love it. best thing i ever bought

Was that in the APP? Awesome page. Oh btw FDU is in my town haha

You live in an awesome town!  I am excited to see him play there, it is about 45 minutes from where we live and everything around FDU seems really nice.

That was in the All Shore Media handout they gave out at the game.  Basically a program with rosters, etc for the game.

Congrats to Shane- great honor to make an All star team. Max made one All star team- most wrong prognosticator in the history of sports

Frank about that day job.  Definitely make sure you go ahead and keep it.  The comedy circuit isn't ready for you just yet.  :)

Archived