Johnny Manziel is a liar

Blackout

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/johnny-manziel-report-allegedly-partying-new-orleans-bourbon-street-lied-to-mom-archie-manning-passing-academy-072013

Johnny Manziel's offseason has taken more twists and turns than a road course. So, it shouldn't be any surprise that on Saturday another bombshell dropped.

The website Rumors and Rants busted the story last week that the Heisman Trophy winner from Texas A&Mwas asked to leave the Manning Passing Academy early.

Now, the site is offering information that contradicts the line of events Manziel described at SEC Media Daysearlier this week.

Rumors and Rants says a source claims Manziel was not in his room, where he said he overslept and missed a meeting before being “sent” home from the academy. The site alleges Manziel was not even in the room Friday night, instead an hour away on Bourbon Street in New Orleans.

POLL

• Johnny Manziel is ...
    • Too talented to fail
    • Too stupid to succeed
    • Just a kid. Get off his back!

Rumors and Rants says Archie Manning already HAD been told that Manziel was out until at least 4 a.m. Saturday. According to the story, Manning gave the quarterback a chance to fess up, but Manziel lied to Manning, and was then asked to leave the camp. The website also says the Heisman Trophy winner lied to his mother when he told her he overslept and that his roommate A.J. McCarron failed to wake him up.

The site reports the actual force behind Manziel's exit was Dartmouth coach Buddy Teevens, not Manning. Teevens reportedly made the assigment schedule for all quarterbacks at the camp and was done with Manziel, who was the only person at the academy to fail to live up to his obligations, a source told the website.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally Id tell Archie to shove it if I were him. Who cares about the Manning passing camp?

Seriously. Peyton has as many rings as Trent Dilfer yet he's treated like the ******* Pope. If I were Manziel, I'd have asked him for directions to the Tom Brady Super Bowl Camp.

Seriously. Peyton has as many rings as Trent Dilfer yet he's treated like the ******* Pope. If I were Manziel, I'd have asked him for directions to the Tom Brady Super Bowl Camp.

He should go to Namath's camp, if he has one. I have a feeling that they'd get along.

I don't know, maybe Peyton and Eli Manning. It's just a hunch though, I could be wrong.

Man Archie still probably dresses Peyton in the morning. This whole situation was beyond stupid. Its a friggin glorified camp- he showed up hungover. Hes 20. I wouldnt kiss the Mannings rings either. I bet Eli couldnt give a sh*t either. Mccarons a douche too.

I wonder what Mccelroys opinion was.

Man Archie still probably dresses Peyton in the morning. This whole situation was beyond stupid. Its a friggin glorified camp- he showed up hungover. Hes 20. I wouldnt kiss the Mannings rings either. I bet Eli couldnt give a sh*t either. Mccarons a douche too.

Still, it's definitely hurting his draft stock. Getting thrown out of camp cause you don't show up is only going to add to his off the field problems.

Still, it's definitely hurting his draft stock. Getting thrown out of camp cause you don't show up is only going add to his off the field problems.

Hurting your draft stock vs kissing the Manning's asses are two different things all together.

There's a lot of other stuff, football related that will probably end up hurting his stock a lot more so than this. 

Going to a party -------- no problem

going to finals game/ hanging with celebrities ---------- no problem

screwing something up that involves football no matter how little ------ big problem

Hurting your draft stock vs kissing the Manning's asses are two different things all together.

There's a lot of other stuff, football related that will probably end up hurting his stock a lot more so than this. 

I don't know about that. Manziel straight up lied to them, skipped practice, and he himself signed up for this sh*t. If he had more balls, and really did have a problem with the Mannings he would have straight up told them he's leaving. The kid can't stop partying and it's affecting his football. This is not what you want in a qb.

screwing something up that involves football no matter how little ------ big problem

The kid beat Alabama in Alabama. As far as A&M is concerned....no problem.

the tom brady superbowl camp hasn't been opened for business since 2005

If the dude wins the Heisman again, he's still going no higher than the third round unless he finds HGH right quick.

You realize that Manzeil is not allowed to drink alcohol in this country, right?  Guy has no excuse for being hungover because he can't legally purchase alcohol to begin with.

I don't know about that. Manziel straight up lied to them, skipped practice, and he himself signed up for this sh*t. If he had more balls, and really did have a problem with the Mannings he would have straight up told them he's leaving. The kid can't stop partying and it's affecting his football. This is not what you want in a qb.

Sanchez (allegedly) raped an undergrad and hid behind the USC steamroller to clean it up. Then he got drafted fifty overall.

If the dude wins the Heisman again, he's still going no higher than the third round unless he finds HGH right quick.

While I do have my doubts about his ability, ie he couldn't read a defense worth sh*t and a lot of the times he just ran the ball instead of actually throwing the damn thing. He does have talent and he is only a freshman. But he's going to have to improve a lot if he wants to make it in the nfl.

Sanchez (allegedly) raped an undergrad and hid behind the USC steamroller to clean it up. Then he got drafted fifty overall.

Yeah but it was alleged at that time, so no one knows if it was true. It also helps that the police dropped the case. Plus, Sanchez (can't believe I'm saying this) at the time, was a more nfl ready qb then Manziel. Hell, Sanchez was being built up as the next Aaron Rodgers by some draft analysis's. Plus, he didn't have the rampant partying issues that Manziel is plagued by.

The kid beat Alabama in Alabama. As far as A&M is concerned....no problem.

thats the thing tho. Hes a good college qb and thats great but not many people think hes gonna be great in the NFL

if hes missing meetings (even manning camp meetings) that cant help his draft stock

and he keeps saying hes a 20 year old kid living his life. Well is it gonna be the same story in the nfl? Im just a 25 year old millionaire living my life

It's not the team practice he missed, it's a camp he voluntarily signed up for and which is in no way connected to the NFL or his college team.

If a student with the highest grades in school drops out of private karate lessons, do they take the valedictorian away from him?

Personally Id tell Archie to shove it if I were him. Who cares about the Manning passing camp?

And you'd be wrong imo.  Manziel is the one who is wrong here, shirking his responsibilities, lying, and based on what I've read over the last week or so, I think he already has a significant drinking problem.  He seems to have an attitude of entitlement and as if he is owed something because of his talent.  He isn't.  I hope that A&M will stop coddling him (if they are), quit turning their heads, and will lower the boom on him, suspending him from the team for a week or two to get his attention.  It may not be too late to help this kid learn before he destroys his reputation and maybe his life.

And you'd be wrong imo.  Manziel is the one who is wrong here, shirking his responsibilities, lying, and based on what I've read over the last week or so, I think he already has a significant drinking problem.  He seems to have an attitude of entitlement and as if he is owed something because of his talent.  He isn't.  I hope that A&M will stop coddling him (if they are), quit turning their heads, and will lower the boom on him, suspending him from the team for a week or two to get his attention.  It may not be too late to help this kid learn before he destroys his reputation and maybe his life.

And the Manning's didnt? lol. Eli drafted by the Chargers ring a bell?

Manziel I'm sure is a spoiled jackass. But the definition of spoiled pretentious jackass is Archie Manning- which is what my beef is with this whole stupid story. Archie Manning is the last person who should be telling kids how to act.

Ewww.  I agree with you.

Its not a good sign.  He's wreckless.  Could be on a path for destruction.  

But I dont want him to stop.  Its going to be so fun to watch.

Manziel I'm sure is a spoiled jackass. But the definition of spoiled pretentious jackass is Archie Manning- which is what my beef is with this whole stupid story. Archie Manning is the last person who should be telling kids how to act.

Thats the irony.  But he's way more blatant about it.  Almost throwing it in everyone's face.  It cant be positive.  

At the end of the day, as long as he's not hurting himself or anyone else, his play will always trump his behavior just like every athlete in the world but you cant just sit back and say it doesnt have any negative effect or throws up a red flag or two.

Thats the irony.  But he's way more blatant about it.  Almost throwing it in everyone's face.  It cant be positive.  

At the end of the day, as long as he's not hurting himself or anyone else, his play will all ways trump his behavior just like every athlete in the world but you cant just sit back and say it doesnt have any negative effect or throws up a red flag or two.

Exactly. Im not defending Manziel being Bryce Harper with a drinking problem(or whatever you wanna call it). I'm just just saying him blowing off a passing camp of the guys who have blown off teams that have drafted them- I mean...Archie isnt really in a position to say anything.

I'm not saying that the Mannings didn't have an attitude of entitlement, but at least in their case, they had some good reasons and weight on their side with Archie having proven himself as a great QB in the NFL , then Peyton.  If you were entering the NFL draft, wouldn't you want to have some control over where you wound up?  Would you want to play for a team that you hated or that you felt had little or no chance to win or perhaps you had no chance to play?  Wouldn't you rather go to a team where you ahd a chance at starting and winning?

Perhaps I missed it, but I didn't seen where Archie told Manziel anything or lectured him.  He just asked why he missed the session, which was his right.  He's running the camp, and it is his reputation at stake after all.  If they get a reputation for their counselors not showing up after kids sign up and attend just to work with specific QBs, then they'll stop going to the Manning camp perhaps and go elsewhere.

You have to admit that Manziel seems to have a bit of a drinking/partying problem already and is just a rising sophomore.  Perhaps he'll grow out of it, but that's not that likely unless someone helps him with some tough love.  I'd hate to see the kid destroy his career, life or perhaps cripple or kill someone else drunk driving.  That's what I care about, not really the Manning QB Camp.  You also know how high schools and colleges all too often just turn a blind eye to that kind of things when an athlete is great and helps their team win a lot of games.  Many of the use the kids and don't care about what's ultimately in the kid's best interest.

Archived