First Depth Chart released 7/5

Greenseed4

A couple things curious with the offense. 

1. Mark Sanchez/Geno Smith listed as starter.  It was mentioned that this could be an alphabetical decision (SA/SM)

2. It seems Bitonti got his wish.  Colon is listed at LG, the position he last played, not RG where he's been spotted in practice.  Is a Moore signing imminent?

3. Cumby got the nod over Winslow Jr.

On Defense:

1. Allen "won" the safety spot. 

Don't like it that Pace is the starter on one side, and Coples, Barnes and Sapp are all on the other.  If it stays that way that means that the Jets can't  have two speedy pass rushers or defenders on the field at the same time at OLB.  One will be glacially slow.  This isn't good imo.

Collins seems to be rated higher than Ryan, Spadola and others we've heard positive comments regarding.  The only thing we've heard about Collins is he hurt that CB and knocked him out for the season.

Nice to see Kerley get the credit he deserves as a starter, even if he will surely be playing most of his snaps from out of the slot.  It's not like there hasn't been plenty of guys in similar situations before him who were starters, so no reason for him to get shoved down on the depth chart behind a guy like Edwards just because he's a slot guy.  At this point, he's without a doubt the best WR the Jets have until one of these other guys can prove otherwise out on the field.

And while it seems obvious given the health situation, I still think it kind of reflects well that they're willing to list Powell as the starter at this point over Ivory, who was supposed to be their top offensive acquisition this offseason.  That of course doesn't mean that it will hold true if Ivory gets healthy and outplays Powell in preseason, but you still need to be putting guys into the positions they've actually earned, at least for now.

Oh, and btw... it's 8/5.  :P

A couple things curious with the offense. 

1. Mark Sanchez/Geno Smith listed as starter.  It was mentioned that this could be an alphabetical decision (SA/SM)

2. It seems Bitonti got his wish.  Colon is listed at LG, the position he last played, not RG where he's been spotted in practice.  Is a Moore signing imminent?

3. Cumby got the nod over Winslow Jr.

On Defense:

1. Allen "won" the safety spot. 

I think the point with Colon is they feel he can play both sides, so it will all come down to who the other starter is.  If Winters ends up winning himself a starting spot, they'll plug him in at LG and slide Colon over to RG, where as if Peterman keeps the job, then we'll see him at RG and Colon at LG.

I wouldn't consider any of this to be set in stone yet though, I think this is pretty much a Lions game depth chart and not much more.

I agree Kerley is the best Wide Reciever that we have right now. Ive been hearing some noise that some Jets fans wanted Terrell Owens on the roster. it was rumoured that his agent was calling NFL teams today trying to land his client a job

I agree Kerley is the best Wide Reciever that we have right now. Ive been hearing some noise that some Jets fans wanted Terrell Owens on the roster. it was rumoured that his agent was calling NFL teams today trying to land his client a job

I heard the same. Owens (39, and working out in LA and Miami) had said that a couple teams have called him about his services; nobody is interested at this point, but may come calling if injuries occur.  

The Jets have a roster full of street kids.  Talk about a wake-up call.   

better hope the starting OT's can stay healthy....those backups are scary.  

yeah. and the injury bug is spreading across the league. Packers just lost an important piece to their line.

and we still have the fumble twins returning kicks

that has to be the worst offensive roster I've ever seen.  1 injury to the line and they are bringing in street FA's, and winslow and edwards don't count they can't even run

awful

and we still have the fumble twins returning kicks

that has to be the worst offensive roster I've ever seen.  1 injury to the line and they are bringing in street FA's, and winslow and edwards don't count they can't even run

awful

I hope they dont have Cromartie returning kicks. he is too valuable to risk injury for kick returns. McKnight would be the best option but he is having trouble staying on field with his 3.3% body fat. someone send his behind to McDonalds for burgers or something

I heard the same. Owens (39, and working out in LA and Miami) had said that a couple teams have called him about his services; nobody is interested at this point, but may come calling if injuries occur.  

The Jets have a roster full of street kids.  Talk about a wake-up call.   

If they sign Owens, they can just fold the franchise as far as I'm concerned.  No way I want that head case POS on the Jets.

Wasn't he the guy who took out Aaron Berry? 

Yep.  Other than his TD yesterday or today, that's the only other time his name has been mentioned, and that's why I'm puzzled that he's higher up the depth chart than Spadola, Hazelton and Rogers who have been getting a lot more positive press.

Archived