The Sanchez Debate

Smashmouth

Does he stay or does he go ? Is the topic for the debate.... please try and stick to the format on the debate which I will describe below.

This is not so much about past performance its about moving forward. You can use past performance to make your point but you must keep in mind the stats laid out below. Try not to derail the thread with Sanchez Sucks comments, make your point intelligently.

Lets say Sanchez starts the season and has a Good year, not a great one, but a good one.

20 TD's Passing 4 TD's rushing 10 Ints 3 fumbles lost 3800 yards and 60% comp percentage and the Jets go 10-6 In this season Mark has seemed to remedy his turnover's and is much more conscious at protecting the football.

The Jets make the playoffs and Sanchez plays well but the Jets do not advance to the SB.

Do you keep Mark Sanchez ? When I ask this question it does not mean you automatically keep him as a starter so keep that in mind as well.

Bigger Hypothetical, I'll raise the ante, say M Sanchez pulls a D Brees in his 1st year with the Saints? I haven't looked, but doesn't Sanchez's contract expire after this season (or is it just the end of the guaranteed portion the Jets owe him, if so disregard post), does M Sanchez want to stay here in NY? What if he is fed up with all the BS, and say a fellow west coast offensive genius gets a HC job somewhere closer to SoCal, and offers him a monster contract, do the Jets gamble, and franchise him, or take the it's a fluke angle, and let him walk?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During the course of Sanchez' third year, it became clear that the Jets needed to bring in competition for Sanchez, not before. Once they recognized that, Tannenbaum went out and traded for Tebow.

Tannenbaum got fired largely for his creative work at the QB position.

If Idzik had done better at finding a veteran QB, Sanchez might be off the team right now. Instead, the emo 54% career passer still looks like Rex' best option. The man hasn't had much front office help at the position, let's blame him.

Actually, Tannebum signed Stanton, that was the guy he wanted to be the backup QB and he got him by promising him the opportunity to compete for the QB job. Woody Johnson forced the T-bum to trade for Tebow.

I don't keep him with those stats, I sh%t can him the second I can, which is right now. If he gets those stats, it's because some receivers really step up and bail him out, or because the OC is actually competent, it will have nothing to do with him, so I dump him.

Does anyone here ever think that geno just isn't that good? Everyone wants him to start but maybe he's not performing ! I watch the first preseason. Game he looked uncomfortable ! I watched the bills last night Manuel looked like he knew what he was doing . I get we all don't like mark but we need to replace him with someone better.

Archived