Tebow throws for negative yardage in preseason game

Greenseed4

I didn't see this posted.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000231001/article/tim-tebow-throws-for-negative-yardage-in-pats-win

Bill Belichick has done the seemingly impossible in New England. He turned Tim Tebow into a non-story, a nearly forgotten player.

But sometimes Tebow just can't help but turn in an unforgettable performance that makes him a story.

The Patriots' No. 3 quarterback completed only 1 of 7 passes for negative-1 yard with an interception during the team's 25-21 preseason victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Friday night. ebow had another deep throw to rookie wide receiver Aaron Dobson that should have been picked off, but the Bucs dropped it. Tebow's accuracy was very rough.

"I feel like I'm fighting to get better every day," Tebow said when NFL.com Albert Breer asked him about his roster status Belichick has spent time installing special plays for Tebow at quarterback, but the results haven't been there in the preseason. Another performance like this would put Tebow at risk of falling on the wrong side of the roster bubble. Tebow rushed for 30 yards, but his struggles will raise the question of if he will make the Patriots' 53-man roster. New England only is playing him at quarterback, and the Patriots sometimes only have carried two quarterbacks on their roster during the Tom Brady era. Tebow ultimately is competing against wide receivers and defensive backs who are trying to make the roster with special-teams skills.

I was surprised when the Patriots signed Tebow, and figured it was McDaniels wanting to give his binky a chance.  He just isn't a good passing QB.  If Brady and Mallett both get hurt in one game, the Patriots would not be significantly worse off just having direct snaps to Ridley with no QB in the game, rather than spend a game day active spot on Tebow.

I was surprised when the Patriots signed Tebow, and figured it was McDaniels wanting to give his binky a chance.  He just isn't a good passing QB.  If Brady and Mallett both get hurt in one game, the Patriots would not be significantly worse off just having direct snaps to Ridley with no QB in the game, rather than spend a game day active spot on Tebow.

Very true..

I thought Belichick was a genius and would show the world how to properly utilize his talents.

Then again, maybe Belichick is. .. if he never lets Tebow see the field on offense.

What talents?

How Tebow won the heisman and a national championship is puzzling. He is like Mr Bodybuilder trying to play QB.

Tebow has definitely lit a fire under Mallet because Mallet has never played as well as he did Friday night. Right now, Id say Mallet is the #2 QB, but he has to play as good or better in more games than one in his 3rd training camp.

What talents?

How Tebow won the heisman and a national championship is puzzling. He is like Mr Bodybuilder trying to play QB.

Tebow has definitely lit a fire under Mallet because Mallet has never played as well as he did Friday night. Right now, Id say Mallet is the #2 QB, but he has to play as good or better in more games than one in his 3rd training camp.

Tell me, what do you think of Wes Welker now?

he rushed for 30 yards.  he has value if used correctly, like 2 pt conversions, and short yardage and goal line.  I bet he scores a TD on the jets

He's only effective running the ball on scrambles, not designed runs. I don't see him as an effective short yardage/red zone guy at all. And who in their right mind would pull Brady for Tebow?

That doesn't mean that Belichick isn't vindictive enough to try to have Tebow score against the Jets, though.

he rushed for 30 yards.  he has value if used correctly, like 2 pt conversions, and short yardage and goal line.  I bet he scores a TD on the jets

If all he can do is run and that's how you're going to use him he has no value because teams will just stack 8 in the box every time he runs on the field. 

It's not like he runs like Adrian Peterson. He's good runner for a QB, not a good runner period. 

I said it when they signed him, unless they plan on changing his position, it's highly unlikely he's on their opening day roster. 

He's only effective running the ball on scrambles, not designed runs. I don't see him as an effective short yardage/red zone guy at all. And who in their right mind would pull Brady for Tebow?

That doesn't mean that Belichick isn't vindictive enough to try to have Tebow score against the Jets, though.

If Belichick is truly that petty and is still holding a grudge against the Jets after 14 years and three championships, he's an even worse person that I have ever imagined. 

What talents?

How he won the Heisman is puzzling?

The question is what do you think of him?

I think the same thing I've always thought. 

He's a decent talent who benefitted greatly from playing in an offense that made the most of his skills and playing with a great QB.

The only thing that's changed is that I now know that he is no dummy as he made sure to put himself in another great situation.

Now, please answer the friiggin' question yourself - what do YOU think of Wes Welker?

If all he can do is run and that's how you're going to use him he has no value because teams will just stack 8 in the box every time he runs on the field. 

It's not like he runs like Adrian Peterson. He's good runner for a QB, not a good runner period. 

I said it when they signed him, unless they plan on changing his position, it's highly unlikely he's on their opening day roster. 

never said he was AP, don't be dense

when belicheat trots him out on 4th and 1 or 2nd and goal from the 2 you will be all puckered up

accept it

never said he was AP, don't be dense

when belicheat trots him out on 4th and 1 or 2nd and goal from the 2 you will be all puckered up

accept it

What coach in their right mind would ever pull Tom Brady, who has converted every 4th and short he's been faced with for more than a decade, off the field in that situation?

There's a reason teams with great QBs don't run the Wildcat. There's also a reason that guys who take snaps in the Wildcat are usually not listed as QBs on the roster.

Tebow will never be listed above Mallett on the depth chart and if you bring your third QB into the game before the fourth quarter, your starter can't come back into the game. Kinda kills your little scenario.

You'd be better off having Ridley take a direct snap, but you're not going to do that because Brady is as close to automatic in short yardage situations as you can get. 

Lagarret Blount has looked lights out.

Pats are stacked at RB.

but you have the opportunity to humiliate the jets on national TV

and the HC on the NEP has a pathological hatred of this team

it's totally possible

Sanchez doesnt need any help.

oh, it won't be the chez this time.  jets defense has no chance vs a good hurry up offense.  everybody knows the chez sux, but belicheat will take much more evil pleasure from gashing rex's defense

with tim-may !!!

Archived