My Geno/Sanchez prediction

joebabyny

So I can just smell it now, Mark starts the season, with the competition at his heels and MartyBall 2.0, Sanchez turns this Jets team into the Chargers Brees/Rivers situation. Brees was unspectacular until the Chargers went and drafted Rivers. At that point, a switch clicked in Brees' head and he went on a tear for the Chargers. The Chargers were commited to Rivers with what was basically the 1st overall pick of the draft, they let Brees go. We all know how that ended up for the Chargers and super bowl champ Saints.

Does anyone NOT see this being a classic Jets dilemma in the making?

Did you really just compare Sanchez to Drew Brees?    

not seeing the comparison.   Sanchez still makes the same mistakes in year 5 that he made in year 1.    Too many bad decisions, too much panic in the pocket, too many passes to no one in particular, no respect for taking care of the football.  

If anything, this QB competition reminds me of Mike McMahon / Joey Harrington

So I can just smell it now, Mark starts the season, with the competition at his heels and MartyBall 2.0, Sanchez turns this Jets team into the Chargers Brees/Rivers situation. Brees was unspectacular until the Chargers went and drafted Rivers. At that point, a switch clicked in Brees' head and he went on a tear for the Chargers. The Chargers were commited to Rivers with what was basically the 1st overall pick of the draft, they let Brees go. We all know how that ended up for the Chargers and super bowl champ Saints.

Does anyone NOT see this being a classic Jets dilemma in the making?

I'm sorry but I cant smell that. All I smell is Sanchez stinking for remainder of his career.  He is in no way whatsoever on the same level as drew brees...not now...not never.

People here don't remember Brees' career as a Charger. He lost his starting job there to Flutie at one point. He was so bad for them after like 4 seasons they went and grabbed Rivers at the top of the draft to replace him.

Go look into Brees' early career at SD, before he was voted comeback player of the year near the end of his run in SD. My comparison will become more clear.

Archived