Marty wants Geno to start

FloridaJetsFan

Allies remain in short supply for Mark Sanchez.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Friday on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" that Marty Mornhinweg will unequivocally side with rookie Geno Smith if the offensive coordinator has a vote in the New York Jets' starting quarterback competition. Mornhinweg is a big fan of Smith's potential and believes he's the better option, whether Sanchez is healthy or not.

Jets coach Rex Ryan said Friday that he will listen to different voices in the organization before deciding on his starter. It stands to reason that the man running his offense will have a substantial say in the matter. In other words, this does not bode well for the embattled Sanchez.

Of course, Sanchez's health factors into this. He's not expected to be ready for Week 1 as he continues his recovery from a deep bruise in his throwing shoulder. He's still not throwing and could be dealing with a multi-week injury, as Rapoport reported Thursday.

One name not in the mix to start? Matt Simms, who earned some respect with a solid performance in Thursday night's preseason finale against the Philadelphia Eagles. Rapoport hears Simms is not considered an option as QB1.

Now we'll see if Smith is even remotely ready for a starting job out of the gate. He didn't seem that way the last time we saw him, when he threw three picks and pulled an Orlovsky last week against the New York Giants.

Ive seen this report, but does anyone have the quote? (If there is one)

Given that the consensus on Mark was he may he out multiple weeks I have a hard time thinking that Martys words werent taken out of context.

Why would he even bother to comment if injury was gonna decide the competition?

If Geno plays decent against TB and we win, Keeps the NE game close and start 1-1 he will no doubt start week 3 anyway.

Ive seen this report, but does anyone have the quote? (If there is one)

Given that the consensus on Mark was he may he out multiple weeks I have a hard time thinking that Martys words werent taken out of context.

Why would he even bother to comment if injury was gonna decide the competition?

If Geno plays decent against TB and we win, Keeps the NE game close and start 1-1 he will no doubt start week 3 anyway.

I was thinking the same thing.  He would have little to gain and a lot to lose (tension with Sanchez if Rex names him the starter).  It doesn't make any sense.

This is total BS. How can you file a "report" based on hear say, this story is written to try, and make you believe the reporter heard this straight from the horses mouth (I know he never says it). This is more of if someone asked Rapport what his opinion is, and not a real news article.

How has this country gone from 90% of the population laughing, and KNOWING that the National Inquirer was the most ridiculous untrue thing out there, to now having the majority of journalists actually use the premise the Inquirer was built on, and now the masses fall all over it, this country is so ******* brain washed it is sickening ugh!

No seriously, I'm sick of this sh*t. Every. Single. *******. Time. They know they can get away with it, nobody ******* cares to stop it, and life keeps chuggling along letting these scumbags get paid to do what they do. All right in front of our ******* faces. I don't get it, but it's making the internet even more of a dump than it used to be.

Archived