FSU QB looks pretty damn good.

redman81

I know It's only one game, but the redshirt freshman looks to fit the bill of being #1 ranked QB in the 2012 class. Being an FSU fan I hope his play continues and this game isn't just a fluke, but 2 incompletions all game and over 350 yds & 4tds will have me cheering a lot this season.

you never know, ND looked pretty solid...

they looked solid last year too...until they ran into the brick wall known as Alabama :D

but the odds of my 2 favorite teams playing in the finals are slim to none anyway....even though both teams should win 9+ games this year assuming things go well

Yeah I think it would be really hard to have a match up between those two teams. FSU has to get itself back into that top 5 team discussion before they'll be considered for National Title again. Right now they could lose 1 game along with a bunch of other teams and they'd all get more of a nod because of the conferences they play in(SEC, Big 10). Hopefully this young kid can get the Noles back into the spotlight again.

Not gunna lie, all the hype surrounding the kid I wanted nothing more than to see him fall flat on his face and he straight balled out of control. Hands down the best performance of the weekend IMO. However, Pitt sucks. They were playing way out of their league.

FSU plays one of the easiest major conference schedules in all of the NCAA, they could run the table. Looking forward to that Clemson match up. That will be fun to watch. The only other tough game is vs. the Gators on the road but we suck donkey dick. Muscramp sucks the life out of the game. Soooo boring

Not gunna lie, all the hype surrounding the kid I wanted nothing more than to see him fall flat on his face and he straight balled out of control. Hands down the best performance of the weekend IMO. However, Pitt sucks. They were playing way out of their league.

FSU plays one of the easiest major conference schedules in all of the NCAA, they could run the table. Looking forward to that Clemson match up. That will be fun to watch. The only other tough game is vs. the Gators on the road but we suck donkey dick. Muscramp sucks the life out of the game. Soooo boring

FSU def benefits from an easy conference schedule. That Clemson game should be a tough one though.

Winston is going to get a ton of hype over the next 2 years.  Kid does look good.   It's going to  intensified by the fact that this years QB draft doesn't look much better to me then last years.  Bridgewater, and Boyd.  That's about it.  Not really crazy, at this point about Boyd.  Don't like short QB's.  He did look excellent this week end though.

Figures the Jets will probably still be looking for a QB, and IMO at least another weak draft.  Season just started maybe someone else will rise up. 

Winston is going to get a ton of hype over the next 2 years. Kid does look good. It's going to intensified by the fact that this years QB draft doesn't look much better to me then last years. Bridgewater, and Boyd. That's about it. Not really crazy, at this point about Boyd. Don't like short QB's. He did look excellent this week end though.

Figures the Jets will probably still be looking for a QB, and IMO at least another weak draft. Season just started maybe someone else will rise up.

Homer pick but Kiper had Stephen Morris as a late first / early second rounder. I hope he progresses this season like he did last season and he'll be in the conversation.

Homer pick but Kiper had Stephen Morris as a late first / early second rounder. I hope he progresses this season like he did last season and he'll be in the conversation.

So do I, but he didn't exactly get off to a roaring start against Florida Atlantic.  55% completion, 1 TD, 1 pick.  He's going to have to do a whole lot better then that against weak teams. 

This week will be a real test to see what he's got

So do I, but he didn't exactly get off to a roaring start against Florida Atlantic. 55% completion, 1 TD, 1 pick. He's going to have to do a whole lot better then that against weak teams.

This week will be a real test to see what he's got

At least two dropped TD passes by Coley but I agree. He didn't have to play too big against FAU. If he shows up this week you'll hear about him the rest of the season.

FSU def benefits from an easy conference schedule. That Clemson game should be a tough one though.

Definitely tuning into that game.  I'm very intrigued to see what FSU's D can do vs. that offense.  Georgia's D sucks...highly overrated and they even were last season with all of that NFL talent.  

Winston will go mental because Clemson doesnt actually field a defense.  They just have orange cones all over the field. 

Winston is going to get a ton of hype over the next 2 years.  Kid does look good.   It's going to  intensified by the fact that this years QB draft doesn't look much better to me then last years.  Bridgewater, and Boyd.  That's about it.  Not really crazy, at this point about Boyd.  Don't like short QB's.  He did look excellent this week end though.

Figures the Jets will probably still be looking for a QB, and IMO at least another weak draft.  Season just started maybe someone else will rise up. 

Based on a 1 game performance, he's going to the #1 overall pick. 

Never been impressed with Morris, was shocked when his name was being mentioned as the 2nd or 3rd best QB in this draft.  Shocked.  I guess I'll find out first hand this weekend but he's someone I wouldnt touch at the next level based on what I've seen of his career up to this point. 

Duke Johnson on the other hand....where do I sign?

Definitely tuning into that game.  I'm very intrigued to see what FSU's D can do vs. that offense.  Georgia's D sucks...highly overrated and they even were last season with all of that NFL talent.  

Winston will go mental because Clemson doesnt actually field a defense.  They just have orange cones all over the field. 

Based on a 1 game performance, he's going to the #1 overall pick. 

Never been impressed with Morris, was shocked when his name was being mentioned as the 2nd or 3rd best QB in this draft.  Shocked.  I guess I'll find out first hand this weekend but he's someone I wouldnt touch at the next level based on what I've seen of his career up to this point. 

Duke Johnson on the other hand....where do I sign?

I'm a Canes fan and am inclined to agree with you.  I keep reading posters on here saying that it's all good if Smith goes bust, because this is a much better QB draft in 2014.

I don't see it at all.  if Morris is #3, and I think he is, this is a garbage QB draft.  Again, after Bridgewater, and Clowney, it looks like another fat guy draft.

Duke Johnson?  Really?

Morris threw for nearly 3400 yds in '12 with 21tds and 7 ints...granted at 58% comp pct...but anyone who watched games last year knows the Canes had a sh*t ton of dropped passes. Also, the Canes were garbage on D last year. Kids got a cannon...and is said the be the most NFL ready QB in college right now...he is why partially why Bridgewater transferred from UM to Louisville.

Ive witnessed him live and while there is plenty of room for improvement...kids got skills.

Bucky Brooks evaluation of him at Manning camp.

http://college-football.si.com/2013/07/16/miami-stephen-morris-nfl/

Morris threw for nearly 3400 yds in '12 with 21tds and 7 ints...granted at 58% comp pct...but anyone who watched games last year knows the Canes had a sh*t ton of dropped passes. Also, the Canes were garbage on D last year. Kids got a cannon...and is said the be the most NFL ready QB in college right now...he is why partially why Bridgewater transferred from UM to Louisville.

Ive witnessed him live and while there is plenty of room for improvement...kids got skills.

Sure hope your right.  It'll at least make Saturday's fun

I'm a Canes fan and am inclined to agree with you.  I keep reading posters on here saying that it's all good if Smith goes bust, because this is a much better QB draft in 2014.

I don't see it at all.  if Morris is #3, and I think he is, this is a garbage QB draft.  Again, after Bridgewater, and Clowney, it looks like another fat guy draft.

Duke Johnson?  Really?

I guess folks are high on Boyd, Manziel, Hundley, McCarron, Thomas, Miller etc.  I think its better.  But that aint saying much.

You dont like Duke?  Dude looks good whenever I've seen him. 

FWIW, thats really not impressive considering their competition...like, at all in fact.  And I know for a fact he's had some back breaking sh*tty plays towards the end of games that pretty much sealed their fate.  

And Bridgewater didnt transfer from Miami.  He's from Miami, but he never went to the U.  And its pretty laughable to say Morris is more NFL ready.  

This is crazy Cane homer talk.

Speaking of the Manning football Academy.  here's another player that did real well there, against elite competition 

Manning QB camp features bevy of future NFLers

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 11, 2010, 12:21 PM EDT

Each summer, Peyton Manning hosts a four-day passing academy at Nicholls State University intended to teach high school and college quarterbacks the fundamentals of the position.  Manning co-hosts the camp with his father, Archie, and brothers Eli and Cooper.  The passing academy began on Thursday and lasts through this afternoon.

The list of this year’s coach/participants is impressive.  It includes Stanford’s Andrew Luck, Florida State’s Christian Ponder, Tennessee’s Matt Simms, Houston’s Case Keenum, Boise State’s Kellen Moore, Texas A&M’s Jerrod Johnson, LSU’s Jordan Jefferson, Alabama’s Greg McElroy, and T.J. Yates of North Carolina.

Ohio State’s Terrelle Pryor, Washington’s Jake Locker, and Jacory Harris of Miami (FL) were invited, but unable to attend. Ryan Mallett of Arkansas is still rehabbing an injury. 

On hand for “coaching” only purposes are longtime Bengals quarterback Ken Anderson, ESPN analyst Jesse Palmer, Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks, and Colts receiver Austin Collie, among others.

The passing academy held an “Air It Out” challenge on Saturday, pitting the top campers against each other for a drills competition.  Sam Bradford won last year.

This summer’s winner was Taylor Potts of Texas Tech, who edged out Tennessee transfer Matt Simms — son of Phil and brother of Chris — in the finals.  According to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, who was on hand in Thibodaux, Louisiana, Simms showed off an “arm as strong as anyone” and can “spin it big time.”  Simms was the “wow guy,” but Potts won using a “softer style” that apparently allowed for better accuracy.

Luck, entering just his sophomore year for Jim Harbaugh’s Stanford Cardinal, was considered the top NFL prospect in Thibodaux.  Florida State’s Ponder is also viewed as a possible first-rounder in the 2011 NFL Draft.  Ponder participated despite coming off shoulder surgery.

Mortensen threw out a sleeper: Colin Kaepernick of Nevada, who like Simms reportedly exhibited “wow factor” in terms of throwing power.  Kaepernick has compiled a 61:16 touchdown-to-interception ratio through three years as a starter for the Wolf Pack.  Like Luck, Mallett, and Ponder, Kaepernick will be eligible for next year’s NFL draft.

Speaking of the Manning football Academy.  here's another player that did real well there, against elite competition 

Manning QB camp features bevy of future NFLers

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 11, 2010, 12:21 PM EDT

Each summer, Peyton Manning hosts a four-day passing academy at Nicholls State University intended to teach high school and college quarterbacks the fundamentals of the position.  Manning co-hosts the camp with his father, Archie, and brothers Eli and Cooper.  The passing academy began on Thursday and lasts through this afternoon.

The list of this year’s coach/participants is impressive.  It includes Stanford’s Andrew Luck, Florida State’s Christian Ponder, Tennessee’s Matt Simms, Houston’s Case Keenum, Boise State’s Kellen Moore, Texas A&M’s Jerrod Johnson, LSU’s Jordan Jefferson, Alabama’s Greg McElroy, and T.J. Yates of North Carolina.

Ohio State’s Terrelle Pryor, Washington’s Jake Locker, and Jacory Harris of Miami (FL) were invited, but unable to attend. Ryan Mallett of Arkansas is still rehabbing an injury. 

On hand for “coaching” only purposes are longtime Bengals quarterback Ken Anderson, ESPN analyst Jesse Palmer, Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks, and Colts receiver Austin Collie, among others.

The passing academy held an “Air It Out” challenge on Saturday, pitting the top campers against each other for a drills competition.  Sam Bradford won last year.

This summer’s winner was Taylor Potts of Texas Tech, who edged out Tennessee transfer Matt Simms — son of Phil and brother of Chris — in the finals.  According to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, who was on hand in Thibodaux, Louisiana, Simms showed off an “arm as strong as anyone” and can “spin it big time.”  Simms was the “wow guy,” but Potts won using a “softer style” that apparently allowed for better accuracy.

Luck, entering just his sophomore year for Jim Harbaugh’s Stanford Cardinal, was considered the top NFL prospect in Thibodaux.  Florida State’s Ponder is also viewed as a possible first-rounder in the 2011 NFL Draft.  Ponder participated despite coming off shoulder surgery.

Mortensen threw out a sleeper: Colin Kaepernick of Nevada, who like Simms reportedly exhibited “wow factor” in terms of throwing power.  Kaepernick has compiled a 61:16 touchdown-to-interception ratio through three years as a starter for the Wolf Pack.  Like Luck, Mallett, and Ponder, Kaepernick will be eligible for next year’s NFL draft.

I'm on record.

Start Simms

FWIW, thats really not impressive considering their competition...like, at all in fact. And I know for a fact he's had some back breaking sh*tty plays towards the end of games that pretty much sealed their fate.

And Bridgewater didnt transfer from Miami. He's from Miami, but he never went to the U. And its pretty laughable to say Morris is more NFL ready.

This is crazy Cane homer talk.

1. I think its decent...not great, but ok considering James and Johnson ran a lot.

2. I only stated "its been said" with a link

3. Some sh*tty plays, yes...but as a 1st yr starter, sufficiant

4. Youre right Bridgewater didnt transfer...but he did verbally commit...the other reason being Shannons firing

5. I hope your Gators get smashed...I will be there in my A Johnson throwback

6. Crazy, yes. Homer, yes...but I didnt make any outlandish claims or predictions.

7. I like peanut butter too.

1. I think its decent...not great, but ok considering James and Johnson ran a lot.

4. Youre right Bridgewater didnt transfer...but he did verbally commit...the other reason being Shannons firing

6. Crazy, yes. Homer, yes...but I didnt make any outlandish claims or predictions.

I'm flying down for the game and back up Saturday night to squeeze both games into the weekend. Hope to see the gators get stomped.

I'm flying down for the game and back up Saturday night to squeeze both games into the weekend. Hope to see the gators get stomped.

We'll have def turned the corner with a win on Saturday...*fingers crossed Bro*

1. They threw more than they ran last year and you seemed excited about "decent" #'s.

2. Gotcha

3. 1st year starters throw up much bigger #'s every year.  So sufficient, sucks, especially when you lose 5 games.

4. Probably, Shannon was terrible and Bridgewater is really good. 

5. I hope they dont because I like the Gators.  I'll be there as well, wearing a t-shirt with the Gator you see below.   

6. I thought you were calling him the most pro-ready, didnt read the article, but its wrong

7. Jets in Florida.  I made the name in college.  Everyone called me JiF.  So, I changed it when I graduated. 

Good luck this weekend.  I've got zero confidence in this Gators team.  Muscramp sucks the life out of the college game.  All he wants to do is beat you up at the LOS.  We can do it and do it really well on defense but the OL looked weak.  It worked last year, so we shall see but I'm not going to be surprised at all if you guys beat us.  

1. They threw more than they ran last year and you seemed excited about "decent" #'s.

2. Gotcha

3. 1st year starters throw up much bigger #'s every year. So sufficient, sucks, especially when you lose 5 games.

4. Probably, Shannon was terrible and Bridgewater is really good.

5. I hope they dont because I like the Gators. I'll be there as well, wearing a t-shirt with the Gator you see below.

6. I thought you were calling him the most pro-ready, didnt read the article, but its wrong

7. Jets in Florida. I made the name in college. Everyone called me JiF. So, I changed it when I graduated.

Good luck this weekend. I've got zero confidence in this Gators team. Muscramp sucks the life out of the college game. All he wants to do is beat you up at the LOS. We can do it and do it really well on defense but the OL looked weak. It worked last year, so we shall see but I'm not going to be surprised at all if you guys beat us.

1. But still ran a lot with crappy catching WR's

3. The D was beyond putrid

4. Agreed and Agreed

5. King of Diamonds is a no-no, unless you like dancers named Porsche or Armani scrambling for singles when Rick Ross "makes it rain"...Scarletts is a go, with Tootsies somewhere in between.

6. Maybe EJ Manuel 2.0 (depending on your opinion of Manuel, that can go either way)

7. Gotcha...Peter Pan would not be flattering

Likewise, hopefully we can pressure Driskel...I think he is your weak link.

1. But still ran a lot with crappy catching WR's

3. The D was beyond putrid

4. Agreed and Agreed

5. King of Diamonds is a no-no, unless you like dancers named Porsche or Armani scrambling for singles when Rick Ross "makes it rain"...Scarletts is a go, with Tootsies somewhere in between.

6. Maybe EJ Manuel 2.0 (depending on your opinion of Manuel, that can go either way)

7. Gotcha...Peter Pan would not be flattering

Likewise, hopefully we can pressure Driskel...I think he is your weak link.

I've spent a lot of time down there, tons of college friends.  Know the scene well and I'm looking forward to the debauchery.  

Driskel has been disappointing but I'm not sure if its him or the play calling or the lack of receivers, or what.  Offense sucks.  Bad.  Should be interesting to say the least. 

P.S. - I <3 Rick Ross

I've spent a lot of time down there, tons of college friends. Know the scene well and I'm looking forward to the debauchery.

Driskel has been disappointing but I'm not sure if its him or the play calling or the lack of receivers, or what. Offense sucks. Bad. Should be interesting to say the least.

P.S. - I <3 Rick Ross

Fine!

You make it rain with Officer Ricky in his Dolfins jersey that says "Rozay" on the back then!

This warms my heart to hear from you LOL. Don't forget we both play Miami. They should both be pretty good games, I'll definitely be watching. 

Duke Johnson?  Really?

I'm pretty excited to see what Anthony Barr can do this year. Falling under the shadow of Clowney but he's a mover and a shaker. Aaron Lynch might be something too. 

Archived