Eddie Lacy is a popular choice for Offensive Rookie of the Year,

SickJetFan

The Jets, with absolutely nothing worth a damn at QB, the most important position in football, opted to take a QB over a RB.

The Packers, with a QB who is a former NFL MVP and the man widely considered to be the best QB in the NFL, opted to take a RB much later in that same round.

I feel fairly confident nobody would be touting Lacy as the future OROY if he were a Jet.

And the speculation of him being over weight due to the angle a picture of him was taken wouldn't have been so easily dropped if he were on the Jets.

Offensive Rookie of the Year watch:

Eddie Lacy - 14 carries, 41 yards, 2.9 ypc - 1 TD, 1 fumble lost - long 7 yards - lost their opener

Geno Smith - 24/38 256 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 fumble lost, 6 carries 47 yards, 7.8 ypc - led the Jets to victory

Advantage: Geno Smith

LOL

I was wondering what was taking people so long to boot this thread

LOL

I was wondering what was taking people so long to boot this thread

Haha.  I forgot about it until I was doing my Tuesday morning FF watch.  I always look at the box scores to see who I want to add and drop.  When I got to the GB vs. SF stats, I noticed that line, had a little laugh and decided to bump.  

Clearly, playing SF didnt help Lacy's cause so this could obviously change but figured I'd provide a little lulz for the morning.

Well, I guess I was being really bold with my Markus Wheaton prediction... that Pittsburgh OL is a nightmare, absolute nightmare. I honestly thought Big Ben was good enough to prevent Todd Haley from ruining that offense, but I was wrong.

Hard to pick a WR for OROY.   Percy, Boldin and Moss are the only WR's in the last like 40 years or something to win the award.  Its typically, RB's and QB's.  TE's have never won it, so Tom's once again a moron for suggesting Eifert.  

I honestly have no clue.  Lacy could very well win it.  Or it could be Geno or Manuel.  If I had to guess, Manuel wins it.  

Hard to pick a WR for OROY.   Percy, Boldin and Moss are the only WR's in the last like 40 years or something to win the award.  Its typically, RB's and QB's.  TE's have never won it, so Tom's once again a moron for suggesting Eifert.  

I honestly have no clue.  Lacy could very well win it.  Or it could be Geno or Manuel.  If I had to guess, Manuel wins it.  

Yep, was going for the bold choice - rather than one of the more obvious. Surprised Gio isn't being talked about, he'll emerge as the season goes on as a crucial part of that Cincy offense. I was shocked they got stymied by the Bears, tbh.

lol - typical - dont blow ur load fellas

take that from someone who has been watching the Jets since the 70s

lol we see

I hope for one they do win every game and Geno is MVP - then I can stop watching the Jets (closure)

All in good fun.  Its only week 1.  Lacy could very well win the award.  He's not facing San Fran on the road every week, thats for sure.

Yep, was going for the bold choice - rather than one of the more obvious. Surprised Gio isn't being talked about, he'll emerge as the season goes on as a crucial part of that Cincy offense. I was shocked they got stymied by the Bears, tbh.

Forgot about Bernard.  The Law Firm is a slug.  I could see them committing to Bernard but he only got 4 carries compared to 14 on opening day.

All in good fun.  Its only week 1.  Lacy could very well win the award.  He's not facing San Fran on the road every week, thats for sure.

Forgot about Bernard.  The Law Firm is a slug.  I could see them committing to Bernard but he only got 4 carries compared to 14 on opening day.

Bears pass rush is probably the culprit, I didn't see the game... but anytime a veteran RB is getting playing time over a much more talented rookie RB, it's usually got something to do with blitz pickup.

Gio figures out pass protection and he's on the field more, no doubt.

Well, I guess I was being really bold with my Markus Wheaton prediction... that Pittsburgh OL is a nightmare, absolute nightmare. I honestly thought Big Ben was good enough to prevent Todd Haley from ruining that offense, but I was wrong.

Cam Newton and all Steeler players were do not draft for me. Todd Haley and Mike Shula.

• 2 months later...

Archived