You're the GM who would you trade our #1 pick for?

joewilly12

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

willy

all that matters is we find out this year if geno can play.

then we use our picks next year and cap money to build around him with playmakers, or draft another QB.  wouldn't it be nice to still have our #1 pick if we need it for a QB ?

this is the plan.

its really obvious

just accept it and move on please

Nowrocki didnt say anything wrong. Pretty ballsy considering you'll have the Peter King's of the world hyperventilating at the slighest dig at a black QB.

That was Frank Garcia, his former center. If true, it does validate Nawrocki a bit. People kill Nawrocki because his profession is filled with creepy bottom-feeders.

The thing about these scouts who write/on tv....the only opinion/report they can make is off of tape. They arent sitting down with these guys 1 on 1 and interviewing, doing the chalkboard etc. The character reports are fed through their trusted sources who work in NFL scouting departments. The report on Cam having a fake smile and Geno being lazy, wasn't Nowrocki taking a low blow at either of them...he's just reporting it, unfiltered....which honestly is refreshing. If you want the cookie cutter analysis there's always Todd Mcshay or whatever.

Kudos TomShane, Kudos.

T0mShane, on 04 Apr 2011 - 11:10 AM, said:

Sounds like the groundwork for a bet, Matt. I'll bet you that Cam Newton, in four years, has a losing record as a starter and is not on the roster of the team that drafts him because he takes the cash and decides he's Scarface.

The thing about these scouts who write/on tv....the only opinion/report they can make is off of tape. They arent sitting down with these guys 1 on 1 and interviewing, doing the chalkboard etc. The character reports are fed through their trusted sources who work in NFL scouting departments. The report on Cam having a fake smile and Geno being lazy, wasn't Nowrocki taking a low blow at either of them...he's just reporting it, unfiltered....which honestly is refreshing. If you want the cookie cutter analysis there's always Todd Mcshay or whatever.

The problem with that is there are so many "sources" popping up around draft time that you can squeeze any anonymous quote you want to fit your story. There were "sources" saying that Ryan Leaf was going to have a better career than Peyton Manning because Leaf was mentally tougher. There were sources saying that Von Miller was going to be the next Vernon Gholston. The problem with guys like Nawrocki and Matt Miller and Kiper and McShay is, like you said, they're ultimately reliant on unreliable sources, and there's zero system of accountability when they're wrong. We break bitonti's balls here for some of his scouting reports, but at least bitonti has the balls to stand up and take the heat when he's wrong. Nawrocki went into hiding after Newton won Rookie of the Year and again when there was backlash regarding his Geno-is-lazy report.

Kudos TomShane, Kudos.

T0mShane, on 04 Apr 2011 - 11:10 AM, said:

Ha. We'll see. There was just so much sliminess around him at that time--getting kicked out of Florida, his dad taking all that Auburn booster money, saying he wants to be an "icon"--that he scared the hell out of me as a prospect. Maybe he matures?

Ha. We'll see. There was just so much sliminess around him at that time--getting kicked out of Florida, his dad taking all that Auburn booster money, saying he wants to be an "icon"--that he scared the hell out of me as a prospect. Maybe he matures?

******* troublemakers. Stay in your place, PLAYER! 

The problem with that is there are so many "sources" popping up around draft time that you can squeeze any anonymous quote you want to fit your story. There were "sources" saying that Ryan Leaf was going to have a better career than Peyton Manning because Leaf was mentally tougher. There were sources saying that Von Miller was going to be the next Vernon Gholston. The problem with guys like Nawrocki and Matt Miller and Kiper and McShay is, like you said, they're ultimately reliant on unreliable sources, and there's zero system of accountability when they're wrong. We break bitonti's balls here for some of his scouting reports, but at least bitonti has the balls to stand up and take the heat when he's wrong. Nawrocki went into hiding after Newton won Rookie of the Year and again when there was backlash regarding his Geno-is-lazy report.

I couldn't even tell you what Nawrocki looks like though either.

Unless it is Peterson or Rice or someone of that caliber, it's not worth it.

you make the deal for Richardson before you do for Rice or Peterson due to the wear a tear factor . Richardson has been in the league 1 year if you think hes a stud hes a much better option than those 2.

you make the deal for Richardson before you do for Rice or Peterson due to the wear a tear factor . Richardson has been in the league 1 year if you think hes a stud hes a much better option than those 2.

yeah, 3.5 YPC doesn't come around very often

yeah, 3.5 YPC doesn't come around very often

If you have nothing to add other than smart ass remarks then run along because you making remarks about every post I make trying to get a rise out of it is beginning to get annoying.

If you bothered to read my post and actually understand it you might come to a different conclusion than your usual nonsense/ Its obvious I stated IF YOU THINK HES A STUD (which may not necessarily be my opinion) you probably go with the younger talent with the lower salary. Its just common sense for a young building team/ 

In the case of Richardson he will probably do very well in Indy's system because they have some talent on offense and an up and coming talented QB. All those things can very well open things up for him. In Cleveland he was the focus of defenses because they basically have nothing else.

If you have nothing to add other than smart ass remarks then run along because you making remarks about every post I make trying to get a rise out of it is beginning to get annoying.

If you bothered to read my post and actually understand it you might come to a different conclusion than your usual nonsense/ Its obvious I stated IF YOU THINK HES A STUD (which may not necessarily be my opinion) you probably go with the younger talent with the lower salary. Its just common sense for a young building team/ 

In the case of Richardson he will probably do very well in Indy's system because they have some talent on offense and an up and coming talented QB. All those things can very well open things up for him. In Cleveland he was the focus of defenses because they basically have nothing else.

you posted you take richardson over peterson because of age

not even worth talking football with you dude

Archived