Jets win Super Bowl 35-0 but lose coin toss....Losers

GangGreen25

I just want to read abut the New York Jets. I want intelligent commentary and inside information from writers that have access that I don't have.  It  has nothing to do with being a bad sport or not wanting to read negative information when it applies.  However it seems as always with Rich Cimini and Jane McManus, they try to be funny and sarcastic with the general theme that the Jets won but didn't deserve it.  But here are the facts in statistical form; 513 total yards which included a 300 yard passer, a 100 yard rusher, and two 100 yard receivers.  Eight sacks by 7 different defenders, Manuel was held under 50% completion percentage, ( third straight week Jets defense held the opponents QB under 50%), and while the Bills did rush for 120 yards it was padded by a 59 yard run by Jackson on a third and short where he appeared to be swallowed up for a loss but rolled off and found the corner for the big gain.

Of course the 20 penalties for 168 yards is absurd.  Clearly you can't write about the game and not make it a major theme,  even spotlight it as a huge problem that needs to be fixed and fixed fast.  Against great NFL teams The Jets could not overcome so many mistake.  But the reality is the penalties, which led to 8 first downs and kept several scoring drives alive, only served to allow a team that was completely dominated to not be embarrassed on the scoreboard.  

Couldn't the Jets apply a little pressure to their respective papers to dispense with current and trend or suffer the consequences of a little less access.  Never happen?  Many believe the demise of Stephen A. Smith at the Philadelphia Inquirer was spearheaded by some pressure from the Sixers after his negative and exaggerated reporting of Allen Iverson's drinking and gambling.  Many players came out and said it just simply wasn't true.  Either way I don't by the papers or search the blogs because its just full of foolish and meaningless drivel. 

Its very easy to take shots at the Jets. Im surprised though how so many writers sink themselves to that level to chase these "cheap laughs" especially the beat writers. Truth be told the writers have an audience that love when the Jets are the object of ridicule, its so sad though that they cater to them more than us Jet fans who ya know, actually will be around here to read their articles for years and years after this phase of Jets history, which I refuse to call the Circus phase but i suppose outsiders call it that. 

The only Jets writer I enjoy is Brian Costello. But even he has chased those cheap laughs time to time.

2011 and 2012 was basically target practice for the media(local and national) as the Jets made themselves look like complete fools after telling everyone how good they were the years before.

It's going to take some unlearning/forgetting from the media and us winning to change the tune. Because making fun of the Jets is still being pushed from corporate. It sells.

Either way I don't by the papers or search the blogs because its just full of foolish and meaningless drivel.

But you come here? What's the difference?

Most of the drivel here comes from the fans on the forum.  The actual articles are written by fans but it is written with passion and the amount of knowledge that comes from spending much of your free time learning everything you can about the the team mixed with some general football knowledge and creative writing skills.  I used to look forward to buying the Post and News and reading articles from beat writers who have access to the locker room, players and coaches.  Obtain a little more information about the team.  Now its just nonsense.  I truly don't understand why the Jets put up with it. I was going to say that this is the only site to read about the football team void of all the ancillary sarcasm, but I did nit want it to read as some promotion of the site.  That being said I love jetnation.com. 

Most of the drivel here comes from the fans on the forum.  The actual articles are written by fans but it is written with passion and the amount of knowledge that comes from spending much of your free time learning everything you can about the the team mixed with some general football knowledge and creative writing skills.  I used to look forward to buying the Post and News and reading articles from beat writers who have access to the locker room, players and coaches.  Obtain a little more information about the team.  Now its just nonsense.  I truly don't understand why the Jets put up with it. I was going to say that this is the only site to read about the football team void of all the ancillary sarcasm, but I did nit want it to read as some promotion of the site.  That being said I love jetnation.com. 

Thanks!

according to todays papers, the giants GM is an idiot now for giving $38 million to a sucky o-lineman

it's sports journalism in general

everything is extreme, peyton manning can cure cancer by looking at you, and coughlin needs to be fired

being reasonable is boring, you won't get it from the media

Archived