PFF Player Game Grades

flgreen

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex is bringing 8 new starters to the table, 5-6 of which who have never been a starter before and they're playing like one of the better defensive units in the league.

Ordinary? lol

You want to him to dial up unique blitz schemes meanwhile Cro is playing worse than any other corner in the league and Darrin Walls is starting.

That's kind of my whole point. This is Rex's first year here without the luxury of putting a CB on an island and letting him play there all game. Since Cro is playing like crap Rex gets a pass? Rex is a bright defensive guy...adjust.

As far as 8 new starters...stop. The front 7 has high picks in every position. Dunbar has the DL balling for the most part. Rex's baby, the secondary, where he apparently can get anyone to play at a high level needs to start making plays.

Brady and his offense absolutely stunk it up vs. the jets in the first meeting. They won that game by jet mistakes. As usual. Good teams find a way to win. Bad teams find a way to lose.

Even when they don't have their bread and butter

This Patriot offense coming to town Sunday is not good. Neither was Pittsburghs. Enough of the well thy have Tom Brady...step up and make a play. The Pats defense sure is.

Brady and his offense absolutely stunk it up vs. the jets in the first meeting. They won that game by jet mistakes. As usual. Good teams find a way to win. Bad teams find a way to lose.

Huh? I dont even know what we're debating anymore.  

That's kind of my whole point. This is Rex's first year here without the luxury of putting a CB on an island and letting him play there all game. Since Cro is playing like crap Rex gets a pass? Rex is a bright defensive guy...adjust.

As far as 8 new starters...stop. The front 7 has high picks in every position. Dunbar has the DL balling for the most part. Rex's baby, the secondary, where he apparently can get anyone to play at a high level needs to start making plays.

I dont get your point.  Cro is playing like sh*t.  He got burned for the only TD.  That's Rex's fault? 

Why would I stop when I'm pointing to 8 new starters?  That's a ton of turnover.  A ton yet Rex has them playing like one of the best D's in the league.  

Someone needs to do a find and replace of "Sanchez" --> "Rex" for all the Sanchez threads from the last couple years, because the arguments are eerily similar. Right down to teh weapinz!

True, but at least back then, most who were criticizing Sanchez weren't using the same "OMG EVERYTHING/NOTHING IS HIS FAULT" type logic as those defending him.  This is more like a slap-fight than a debate, even by JN standards.

I'm always amused by the large volume of the people on this board who need all of the Jets problems to be the fault of one person and one person alone, and that goes for those blaming Rex, Geno, or anyone else.  Then again, we still have people around here blaming Schotty for Sanchez being a laughably awful QB, so I suppose none of this should be particularly surprising.  One day maybe we can all come to peace with the idea that more than one person can suck at their jobs at a given time, and when it comes to the Jets, it's usually a whole lot more than one person.

True, but at least back then, most who were criticizing Sanchez weren't using the same "OMG EVERYTHING/NOTHING IS HIS FAULT" type logic as those defending him.  This is more like a slap-fight than a debate, even by JN standards.

I'm always amused by the large volume of the people on this board who need all of the Jets problems to be the fault of one person and one person alone, and that goes for those blaming Rex, Geno, or anyone else.  Then again, we still have people around here blaming Schotty for Sanchez being a laughably awful QB, so I suppose none of this should be particularly surprising.  One day maybe we can all come to peace with the idea that more than one person can suck at their jobs at a given time, and when it comes to the Jets, it's usually a whole lot more than one person.

I have always been of the mindset when a team lacks discipline, continuity, cohesiveness on the field, that is a direct reflection of the coaching.

I have been enlightened here that the coach is the last to blame in those areas, and it more so rests with the QB and GM. Those seem to be the meatshields of the day.

Huh? I dont even know what we're debating anymore.  

I dont get your point.  Cro is playing like sh*t.  He got burned for the only TD.  That's Rex's fault? 

Why would I stop when I'm pointing to 8 new starters?  That's a ton of turnover.  A ton yet Rex has them playing like one of the best D's in the league.  

How is it not? The Jets sold out on the run, similar to the Pats game. The entire defense, including Cro was thinking dive play. And the Jets are not playing like one of the best defenses in the league.

When you're still putting him on an island when he cant handle it, yeah it is. Like I said earlier....this is the first season Rex doesnt have luxury of a Revis or a 2012 Cro.

Good point.  Rex sucks and so does his D.  He cant hide the fact his secondary sucks, therefore, he's terrible.  

So...you can't name a metric, or...?

No. I cant because he stinks.  Flat out terrible HC and for a guy who hangs his hat on defense, his defense always sucks and are bottom in the league in every measurable metric your little heart can dream of.  Just pure sh*t and totally worthless.  

You guys have convinced me.  Thats why I post here.  Lots of very smart posters who help me see the light.  Rex Ryan is terrible at everything he does.  Just a bad HC equivalent of a one Mark Sanchez at QB.  Cant wait till he's fired.  Then and only then, will the Jets be destined for greatness. 

Is 2014 yet? 

No. I cant because he stinks. Flat out terrible HC and for a guy who hangs his hat on defense, his defense always sucks and are bottom in the league in every measurable metric your little heart can dream of. Just pure sh*t and totally worthless.

You guys have convinced me. Thats why I post here. Lots of very smart posters who help me see the light. Rex Ryan is terrible at everything he does. Just a bad HC equivalent of a one Mark Sanchez at QB. Cant wait till he's fired. Then and only then, will the Jets be destined for greatness.

Is 2014 yet?

Just checking.

I have always been of the mindset when a team lacks discipline, continuity, cohesiveness on the field, that is a direct reflection of the coaching.

I have been enlightened here that the coach is the last to blame in those areas, and it more so rests with the QB and GM. Those seem to be the meatshields of the day.

So you agree that it is absurd to excuse the coach for everything that the team does and instead ultimately project the blame everywhere else?  Yet you see no issue with similarly excusing the entirety of the roster for their individual failures in order to be able to blame the coach for absolutely everything?  Yeah, that would seem to support my point.

Keep in mind, I'm not particularly taking sides here, I'm simply amused because it looks like we've stumbled into some sort of twisted dimension of JN that features a battle between displaced Pennington fans and Sanchez fans.

So you agree that it is absurd to excuse the coach for everything that the team does and instead ultimately project the blame everywhere else?  Yet you see no issue with similarly excusing the entirety of the roster for their individual failures in order to be able to blame the coach for absolutely everything?  Yeah, that would seem to support my point.

Keep in mind, I'm not particularly taking sides here, I'm simply amused because it looks like we've stumbled into some sort of twisted dimension of JN that features a battle between displaced Pennington fans and Sanchez fans.

No, you are are not taking sides here ;)

Ultimately, the failures of the team are projected on the head coach. Regardless who the qb is and what team is comprised of. It is this way for every other team in the league

Not true.  When the Jets found a way to win against Tampa it was because tampa sucked and the Jets got lucky.  When they found a way to win against Buffalo it was because the Bills sucked and their QB was what everyone thought he was.  When they beat Tampa on Monday night it was because the Falcons sucked and people rather talk about how Rex's defense failed at the end of the game. 

That only applies when the Jets lose.  But nice try anyhow.

No, you are are not taking sides here ;)

Ultimately, the failures of the team are projected on the head coach. Regardless who the qb is and what team is comprised of. It is this way for every other team in the league

Funny considering Belli-smuck was not a genius till Brady showed up.  Pete Carrol was a failure in the NFL went to USC with a loaded roster every year and became an up and comping genius after drafting Russel Wilson.  Project my big fat ass..  In the league nowadays the QB makes the head coach.   PERIOD

There should not be any pain in losing Rex then, and we can focus on a HC who will develop the QB position.

All sides win.

How do all sides win?  I don't see all that many folks agreeing with you.  JiF is just foolish enough to talk to you.  

It seems like only yesterday when Rex was getting all that credit for salvaging the careers of Antonio Cromartie and Santonio Holmes.

Not that I can recall anyone ever crediting Rex with salvaging the career of Santonio Holmes, but let's at least try to be accurate here...

Now, they're burdens hurt.

There, that's better.

It seems like only yesterday when Rex was getting all that credit for salvaging the careers of Antonio Cromartie and Santonio Holmes.

Now, they're burdens.

Poor, poor Rex.

**** Holmes, he gave the Jets a grand total of 3/4 of a season where he was worth a damn.  Cromartie at least was giving the Jets a good return on investment up through last year.  Unfortunately, that time seems to have come to an end.

**** Holmes, he gave the Jets a grand total of 3/4 of a season where he was worth a damn. Cromartie at least was giving the Jets a good return on investment up through last year. Unfortunately, that time seems to have come to an end.

We've gotta give bitonti credit here. He's been saying forever that once Cro lost half a step, he'd be useless.

Archived