Cromartie when asked how to defend AJ Green

DRJETS

"Put my hand on him and pray."

Lask week, I wasn't worry about Cro getting torched cause Brady like to spread the ball and they don't have a proven WR, so prefer the TE.  This week is a different story.  My expectation is that if Cro, somehow allowed less than 200 yards to Green, it is a success. 

"Put my hand on him and pray."

Lask week, I wasn't worry about Cro getting torched cause Brady like to spread the ball and they don't have a proven WR, so prefer the TE.  This week is a different story.  My expectation is that if Cro, somehow allowed less than 200 yards to Green, it is a success. 

Cro usually has his better games against guys that are built like him; tall, lean and long-striders, it's the shorter, shiftier receivers that he has trouble matching up with.  He did a solid, if not unspectacular job on Julio Jones all day, save for that one out of this world catch that he made (8 catches on 11 targets for 99 yards). If Cro keeps Green under 100 yards and out of the end zone that'll be a solid day, especially considering that the guy is going to be getting double-digit targets each game.

Cro usually has his better games against guys that are built like him; tall, lean and long-striders, it's the shorter, shiftier receivers that he has trouble matching up with.  He did a solid, if not unspectacular job on Julio Jones all day, save for that one out of this world catch that he made (8 catches on 11 targets for 99 yards). If Cro keeps Green under 100 yards and out of the end zone that'll be a solid day, especially considering that the guy is going to be getting double-digit targets each game.

This year everybody had their way with Cro, except for the NE and that was because Brady like to spread the ball and went to his old target, Gronk.  If Cro, somehow keeps him under 100 yards, it will be a miracle and that will give us a great opportunity to win the game.  I think if Green start torching Cro, then I can see Rex putting in Walls on him, just like the Falcons game.  Before the Falcons game Rex was reluctant to switch Cro from the number one receiver. 

This year everybody had their way with Cro, except for the NE and that was because Brady like to spread the ball and went to his old target, Gronk.  If Cro, somehow keeps him under 100 yards, it will be a miracle and that will give us a great opportunity to win the game.  I think if Green start torching Cro, then I can see Rex putting in Walls on him, just like the Falcons game.  Before the Falcons game Rex was reluctant to switch Cro from the number one receiver. 

Cro had some miscues early and has played terribly at times, but I wouldn't say everyone had their way with him. Look at Julio, the type of receiver he matches up well against and is easily a top 5 receiver in the league; before his miracle one-armed grab, with Cro blanketed on him, he was held in check to a tune of 7 catches for 53 yards.  Cro has been sub-par this year, especially by his standards, but if you've watched Cro enough over the years, you know that Julio and Green are exactly the type of receivers he does well against. I think you'll see Cro have a solid game against AJ and if he's kept out of the end-zone, that'll be good news for us.

Archived