8-8 sounds good

budda12ax7

I came into the seasons thinking we were anywhere from a 7-9 to a 9-7 team, hoping we were the later, but assuming we'd be the former. The only thing I truly wanted to come out of this season was to see Geno develop or show promise in being a QB to build around and to be playing meaningful games come november and december. If we happened to get a shot at the playoffs that'd be great, but it wasn't something I was going to hold my breath for.

Unfortunately much as we want to believe the Jets are going to win and go to the playoffs and win the Super Bowl- this team lacks the talent and depth to do so. How to fix that- it will take another good draft (no blown first round picks) and hit on your free agents to do so

Normally this would suck, because it puts us in the middle of the draft, but with $50 million in cap space, it's better than if we were a 3-13 type of team.  While free agents can't be the cornerstone of your team, it'll be nice to know they'll be far more willing to sign for less with a contender than they would to get signed by, say, Jacksonville.  And that will help us in a big way in 2014.

Also going 8-8 probably means Geno is the goods and we're all set to build around him rather than having to trade up in the 1st for a QB.  That's the most important thing:  Finding our franchise QB.

Unfortunately much as we want to believe the Jets are going to win and go to the playoffs and win the Super Bowl- this team lacks the talent and depth to do so. How to fix that- it will take another good draft (no blown first round picks) and hit on your free agents to do so

That no blown first round picks thing is one the Jets can't seem to avoid. Milliner, Wilson and Coples ALL look like wasted first round picks, as was Sanchez. You have to go back to 2008 with Revis to find a Pro Bowl first round pick by the Jets and this is unacceptable. Jets draft for need which is a strike against you right away and they have to get away from that philosophy,  but with Rex around you just KNOW he'll be pressing for a DB or yet another pass rusher. I say take the BEST AVAILABLE PLAYER and be happy with it.

Hopeful for 8-8

Why?  All that shows is mediocrity.  They'd be much better off finishing 6-10 or 4-12. 8-8 is meaningless.  It only hurts draft position.  I'd rather Geno stop the TOs, the team show up every week and play hard, but lose every game the rest of the way rather than the present up and down inconsistency, TOs and stupid mistakes continue yet the team find ways to win to get to 8-8.  I know it isn't a choice between the two extremes, but we all know the Jets are a flawed team that still has a LOT of holes.  They need the best draft position they can get so  they can hopefully maximize every one of those double digit picks they have.

Archived