There's a reason Rex is a head coach while Rob is still a DC

Klecko73isGod

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rob got thrown headlong out of Dallas because he sucked. Jeff Fisher, who has a professional death wish, hired Rob Ryan. Allegedly, Rob found out that Fisher wanted to oversee the defense himself (Fisher being a Buddy Ryan disciple), and Rob was butthurt, so Fisher let him creep off to the Saints. Coincidentally, (as Glazer reported) Sean Payton has already stepped in to "rein Rob Ryan in," simplifying the defense. Rob Ryan is garbage.

Wouldnt it be nice seeing the two brothers fight on the sideline? I think it would be a great time.

That was me. Not my proudest moment. Rumor has it we tried to trade up for Jordan, FWIW.

We all have our moments, I was dead certain Arrelious Benn was going to be the best receiver in a draft that included Dez Bryant and Demayrius Thomas. I don't think we would have gone wrong, all three of Jordan, Wilkerson and Heyward are having very solid careers thus far. I think we turned out just fine, it's nice to get lucky once in a while. When you throw Watt into the mix, that's a pretty impressive draft. 

We all have our moments, I was dead certain Arrelious Benn was going to be the best receiver in a draft that included Dez Bryant and Demayrius Thomas. I don't think we would have gone wrong, all three of Jordan, Wilkerson and Heyward are having very solid careers thus far. I think we turned out just fine, it's nice to get lucky once in a while. When you throw Watt into the mix, that's a pretty impressive draft. 

I dunno, Heyward is kind of a stiff. Jordan can play. Wilkerson is definitely the best of the three.

In re: Benn, you don't watch nearly enough Illini football.

I dunno, Heyward is kind of a stiff. Jordan can play. Wilkerson is definitely the best of the three.

In re: Benn, you don't watch nearly enough Illini football.

Heyward's been coming on recently, I think it has more to do with Pitt's mentality of making the guys earn their playing time than him not seeing the field. I haven't seen too much of him, but read somewhere Tomlin saying that Heyward has played himself into a starting role. Either way, we definitely got the best of the three and Wilk is really pushing Watt for that top spot. 

In his three years, I probably only watched him play a half dozen games against michigan, penn state, indiana etc. I just remember him physically beating up dbacks and thought he was the next TO, whereas with Bryant I saw a guy who played in a spread offense and mom was giving out handies like skittles. As it turns out, Dez is the next TO and Benn sucks the big one. All I know is that I want the Jets to finally get someone like Dez, someone who can consistently beat those double teams and draw coverages away from our other guys.

First of all, no one attacked you, so I don't know why you feel the need to attack me.

Second, no one said or even remotely suggested that the "Ryan Bowl" is more important than the Lombardi so that is just a lame attempt to change the discussion.

So who is the dope? The guy who is merely pointing out the difference between the two brothers or the guy who is trying to turn that into a larger debate because he has decided that he doesn't like Rex Ryan and tries to turn every mention of the man's name into a referendum on his coaching tenure?

You. For thinking its a debate.

Rob got thrown headlong out of Dallas because he sucked. Jeff Fisher, who has a professional death wish, hired Rob Ryan. Allegedly, Rob found out that Fisher wanted to oversee the defense himself (Fisher being a Buddy Ryan disciple), and Rob was butthurt, so Fisher let him creep off to the Saints. Coincidentally, (as Glazer reported) Sean Payton has already stepped in to "rein Rob Ryan in," simplifying the defense. Rob Ryan is garbage.

He's definitely not as good as Rex but he's not "garbage" either.  The Saints D was garbage last year.  This year they're respectable, especially against the pass.

Rob seems like he is good at taking bad defenses and making them average, but then he wears out his welcome after a couple seasons.  Unlike Rex, he doesn't have the ability to adapt.

Rob got thrown out of Dallas because Garret and Jones needed a scapegoat. The Cowboys lost all but like 2 defensive starters to injury last year. It ain't Rob's fault that Romo is a choking goof. 

Rob got thrown out of Dallas because Garret and Jones needed a scapegoat. The Cowboys lost all but like 2 defensive starters to injury last year. It ain't Rob's fault that Romo is a choking goof. 

This makes sense but why did he get thrown out of Oakland and Cleveland?  They're bad organizations, yes, but there's definitely a trend with Rob.  Seems like he doesn't coach well enough to offset his personality. 

This makes sense but why did he get thrown out of Oakland and Cleveland?  They're bad organizations, yes, but there's definitely a trend with Rob.  Seems like he doesn't coach well enough to offset his personality. 

He didn't get thrown out of either. He left Oakland when they went through like their fourth coaching change in five years and they finally allowed him to talk to Mangini about being his DC since Mangini was no longer with the Jets. 

He got fired in Cleveland along with Mangini and the rest of his staff and Dallas hired him 10 minutes later. 

Rob Ryan getting "thrown out" of places is a Tom Shane fantasy. 

Oh and he didn't get thrown out of New England either. He left the Pats to take the Raiders' DC job which was a promotion. 

When an entire coaching staff is fired, that usually includes the Defensive Coordinator.

Not taking the bait. Sorry to disappoint you... check that, I'm glad to disappoint you. 

It's not bait. I genuinely and honestly think this is a childish thread that doesn't prove a point worth talking about. It's the type of garbage these fly-by noobs post about after a win, but not an esteemed long-timer like yourself.

I really liked the play calling on offense yesterday. a lot of wide out screen passes (haven't seen that all year) and draws to calm down the Saints blitzes. great play calling by Morningwieg. (sp?)

Klecko<~~~~Rex gets credit for offensive play calling and is smarter than Rob.

Question to Klecko. who gives a sh*t? oh wait, you and Jif, I knew the answer.

It's not bait. I genuinely and honestly think this is a childish thread that doesn't prove a point worth talking about. It's the type of garbage these fly-by noobs post about after a win, but not an esteemed long-timer like yourself.

I didn't know I was that esteemed. 

I will try harder to meet the standards you seem to feel I have set for myself. Promise. 

Archived