Welcome to Sanchez 2.0

CobraVerde

How long until the Jets decide that a qb change can possibly create some kind of spark? What is the difference between Geno and any other lame duck qb at this point? You know what is going to happen, the excuse is he's a rookie. I dont need another year of growing pains to end up still not being able to decide if he is good or not. We havent seen ANY kind of flash of potential. they are taking the ball out of his his hands and putting it in the rbs. I'm so sick of seeing wildcat and people being scared to bench the kid. F his feelings. We went though the bitching between each other for long enough. Im down with qb carosuel until someone steps up. It's no difference at this point. Might as well cut out the qb spot since its become absolutely useless...A good qb could beat this Baltimore pass defense.

I wasn't a big fan of pulling Geno, but I am ready now.  I'm not as worried by the lack of success as the fact that he isn't stepping into his throws, isn't setting his feet and looks scared.  Remember when the moment wasn't too big for him?  It looks too big now.  Can Garrard play?  I'd sign a Kitna level vet next year.  One that might play and isn't going to retire in camp. 

How long until the Jets decide that a qb change can possibly create some kind of spark? What is the difference between Geno and any other lame duck qb at this point? You know what is going to happen, the excuse is he's a rookie. I dont need another year of growing pains to end up still not being able to decide if he is good or not. We havent seen ANY kind of flash of potential. they are taking the ball out of his his hands and putting it in the rbs. I'm so sick of seeing wildcat and people being scared to bench the kid. F his feelings. We went though the bitching between each other for long enough. Im down with qb carosuel until someone steps up. It's no difference at this point. Might as well cut out the qb spot since its become absolutely useless...A good qb could beat this Baltimore pass defense.

When your own OC is afraid of you how good can you be? Geno sucks. He has the physical tools, but stares down his target, holds the ball too long and gets rattled by pressure. I agree F his feelings, and give Simms a shot. I doubt he can be much worse than what Geno has shown. It doesn't even have to be permanent, just send a message about ball security.

I wasn't a big fan of pulling Geno, but I am ready now.  I'm not as worried by the lack of success as the fact that he isn't stepping into his throws, isn't setting his feet and looks scared.  Remember when the moment wasn't too big for him?  It looks too big now.  Can Garrard play?  I'd sign a Kitna level vet next year.  One that might play and isn't going to retire in camp. 

You talking Jon Kitna? That guy sucked when he was good.

You talking Jon Kitna? That guy sucked when he was good.

Yes.  I'm talking a vet that can compete.  I don't think we are going to be able to get a slam dunk FA starter, but I'm ready to roll the dice on a guy that should compete - a Garcia, Kitna, Jason Campbell level stiff.  One that can play, not a guy picking up his last paycheck ala Brunell or Garrard.  

And I'm convinced his play influences the play of his teammates. He plays bad, other people play bad, you get burned for tds...

Totally.  He's definitely responsible for the play of the DBs.  And, just imagine how good Wilkerson and Richardson could be if they didn't have Geno Smith holding them back!

Winters, Mangold, and Colon have all been bad in pass pro. Winters can't play.

Winters, Mangold, and Colon have all been bad in pass pro. Winters can't play.

Yeah.  That has been a problem.  Does the QB not making the right calls or audibles have anything to do with it?  I don't know.  When it was just Sanchez vs. Mangold/Slauson/Hunter I was inclined to think it was the QB.  Not so sure now.  

Yeah.  That has been a problem.  Does the QB not making the right calls or audibles have anything to do with it?  I don't know.  When it was just Sanchez vs. Mangold/Slauson/Hunter I was inclined to think it was the QB.  Not so sure now.  

Combo of both probably. Geno is skittish at this point- but a reason he's not stepping into throws is because our interior guys have been getting beat all season. Middle pressure basically kills a play.

Archived