This season....is a success... -____-

CobraVerde

I know crazy right. i was flipping tables earlier but the drive home and the green tree fairy brought about some clarity. Think about it. Even with this current disaster we were supposed to be a 1-2 win team. 5 wins so far isnt that much more but it is something. Sure we still have no answer at QB but at least we are getting closer to figuring it out. The defense has moments of brilliance as much as they have moments of disparity. I dont know what to tell you about Rex Ryan. I havent decided whether to keep him or not. I say yes to keep some kind of consistency but i say no cause he seriously has lost his balls and cant control the moment like he used to.

When you beat the Pats and Saints, are 5-4 coming off the bye and in control of your own destiny for a playoff spot, suddenly 5-11, or even 7-9, just isn't good enough.

This is especially true given that we've been completely non-competitive and embarrassing in each of our losses.  We're not progressing, we're regressing.

I believe we also have the longest active streak of drives without a TD, also.  20 points in our last 3 games.  That's just terrible.

When you beat the Pats and Saints, are 5-4 coming off the bye and in control of your own destiny for a playoff spot, suddenly 5-11, or even 7-9, just isn't good enough.

Especially when we've been completely non-competitive and embarrassing in each of our losses.  We're not progressing, we're regressing.

Regressing-The same way the last 2 seasons ended. See a pattern?

actually every win is a loss now

yay

If things break right, 5-11 with tiebreakers could get us the #3 pick. Most of the 4 win teams will probably have at least 1 more win. Jacksonville won again today. TB is coming off a 3 game winning streak before losing today. I believe the Browns still play the Jets so if they beat us, we win the tiebreaker.

With the #3 pick we would be assured of getting Bridgewater, Mariota or Manziel.

So its official, the Jets are in:

Lose steady for TEDDY

Lose allotta for MARIOTA

Lose many for Manzy

MODE.

Nobody wants to suffer through 4 more games of this crap, but we got some important things defined.

We've got our running backs and Kearley for 2014.

Everything else about the offense needs redoing. 

With the cap money and draft picks we can address enough of it to be competitive next season.

Unfortunately we need three starters in the defensive secondary too.

That means we need to hit paydirt on about 75% of our draft picks and FA pickups for 2 consecutive seasons to be really viable

That's never happened in Jets history but there's always a first time

If things break right, 5-11 with tiebreakers could get us the #3 pick. Most of the 4 win teams will probably have at least 1 more win. Jacksonville won again today. TB is coming off a 3 game winning streak before losing today. I believe the Browns still play the Jets so if they beat us, we win the tiebreaker.

With the #3 pick we would be assured of getting Bridgewater, Mariota or Manziel.

So its official, the Jets are in:

Lose steady for TEDDY

Lose allotta for MARIOTA

Lose many for Manzy

MODE.

Ties in draft postion are not determined by head to head. They are determined by easiest schedule, with the team with the easiest schedule picking earliest.

Nobody wants to suffer through 4 more games of this crap, but we got some important things defined.

We've got our running backs and Kearley for 2014.

Everything else about the offense needs redoing. 

With the cap money and draft picks we can address enough of it to be competitive next season.

Unfortunately we need three starters in the defensive secondary too.

That means we need to hit paydirt on about 75% of our draft picks and FA pickups for 2 consecutive seasons to be really viable

That's never happened in Jets history but there's always a first time

seahawks had a 3 year plan, they are on schedule, so its possible

Ties in draft postion are not determined by head to head. They are determined by easiest schedule, with the team with the easiest schedule picking earliest.

Thanks, off hand, do you know where the Jets schedule ranked or will rank this year? Right now, the way I have it figured, the Jets would be tied for the 9th draft pick right now, BUT Minnesota won today, so they have an outside chance to get to 5 wins, Jacksonville won today so they have an outside chance to get to 5. I expect the Giants, Cleveland, Tennessee and Oakland to get to 5, so that leaves Atlanta, Houston, TB and Washington. Atlanta, and Houston look hopelessly lost so I dont think they approach 5, leaving TB and Washington needing to get to 5 for the Jets to have a chance at that #3 pick.

I'd also say this season is a success: 

1 - figured out that Rex cannot coach a competitive NFL offense and it's time to move on. 

2 - found a quality backup QB in Geno Smith and got him some game experience

3 - gave Hill a fulltime chance to play and realized he doesn't have it and it's time to move on

4 - cleared a boat load of cap space and bad contracts given to Holmes and Sachez

5 - put together plenty of game film evidence to renegotiate Brick and Mangold contracts

6 - put an end to the vladimir ducasse experiment

7 - last place schedule for 2014

8 - put the pieces in place for a great 4-3 defense (sans secondary)

I'd also say this season is a success: 

1 - figured out that Rex cannot coach a competitive NFL offense and it's time to move on. 

2 - found a quality backup QB in Geno Smith and got him some game experience

3 - gave Hill a fulltime chance to play and realized he doesn't have it and it's time to move on

4 - cleared a boat load of cap space and bad contracts given to Holmes and Sachez

5 - put together plenty of game film evidence to renegotiate Brick and Mangold contracts

6 - put an end to the vladimir ducasse experiment

7 - last place schedule for 2014

8 - put the pieces in place for a great 4-3 defense (sans secondary)

Who's playing linebackers cuz the ones we have now suck as well...

Archived