Get a real f@@@ing quarterback

jgb

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet.  Our center played well, meanwhile we gave up 5 sacks and 7 hits on the QB.

1st off there's no line in the league that will give Geno Smith all the time he needs to make a decision. (or matt simms if we are being fair, he took 2 bad sacks as well)

2nd there's no expectation that the QB will not take hits. The Jets D peppered Flacco two weeks ago for 4 sacks and 11+ hurries but their offense was still functional. the Ravens line of Monroe, AQ Shipley, Gradkowski, Yanda and Oher is not that much better than the Jets 5 (if at all). the difference is the decision maker. 

1st off there's no line in the league that will give Geno Smith all the time he needs to make a decision. (or matt simms if we are being fair, he took 2 bad sacks as well)

2nd there's no expectation that the QB will not take hits. The Jets D peppered Flacco two weeks ago for 4 sacks and 11+ hurries but their offense was still functional. the Ravens line of Monroe, AQ Shipley, Gradkowski, Yanda and Oher is not that much better than the Jets 5 (if at all). the difference is the decision maker. 

This is the point.  And they've struggled because they kind of gave up on keeping WRs and another guy got hurt.   When you have players on your team who can catch, can react to blitzes or a QB being rushed,  it changes the entire spectrum of things.      The Jets have RBs who can't catch or run routes, they have WRs who stink, and even Kerley is nothing to brag about.  Holmes had moments over his career, but he was always a me first guy who doesn't exactly always put himself on the line.     When a QB and the RBs, WRs, & TEs are reacting and playing well, it changes everything.   ANd you don't always need Pro Bowl players, just guys who are better than practice squad material.   The Jets have practice squad material and a RB who gets injured often and can't catch or is even in half the time they need to pass. 

Geno doesnt help, nor do the weapons...but I've watched numerous times that line get destroyed on both run and pass plays.  Plenty of the sacks they've given up is because they had no time.  I'm fully aware there's an abundance that were either coverage sacks or the QB holding the ball too long.  Doesnt change the fact they've been awful this season.

Agreed, hits are part of the game...but its typically not a good thing to have a rookie QB on the ground that much.

How long have you been rooting for this team don't ignore the question after Joe Namath left the best QB since Namath has been Ken O'Brien what does that tell you?

Man I liked ken obrian and wesley and toon and schuler and mcneil

That team with sack exchanged got me hooked on jets...todd was unwatchable much like geno/sanchez

me too.

A0CY_1_20120416_3251942.jpg

I was also huge giants fan back then watched every game so at least I had a team that I watched go to superbowl. I retired as a giant fan when lt and harry carson retired figured I would never see anyone better again.. stuck with all the jets rebuilds year after year though....it getting old tho bro

Man I liked ken obrian and wesley and toon and schuler and mcneil

That team with sack exchanged got me hooked on jets...todd was unwatchable much like geno/sanchez

Todd was unwatchable (imagine how great Wesely Walker would have been with a better qb than Todd?), but didn't like O'brien's immobility. Guy was a friggin statue who never rushed for a TD in his career. 

Jets should offer Sanchez and a second round pick to Washington for Kirk Cousins. Makes sense to me. RGIII is the QB regardless of Shanahan getting canned or not so take Sanchez who is a good veteran backup and let Cousins become the starter for the Jets. A few FA's for the OL and maybe a RB like Dexter McCluster (speed) and then hit the draft running.

Jets should offer Sanchez and a second round pick to Washington for Kirk Cousins. Makes sense to me. RGIII is the QB regardless of Shanahan getting canned or not so take Sanchez who is a good veteran backup and let Cousins become the starter for the Jets. A few FA's for the OL and maybe a RB like Dexter McCluster (speed) and then hit the draft running.

Yes, a team will surely trade for a back-up QB who carries a 13M cap number.  That always happens.

Second round pick or not, I can't imagine Washington, who has a starting QB with a playing style which exposes him to injury letting go of a young QB they feel can step right in and take over without losing much at all.

Not for a second round pick and Sanchez.

Archived