3 plays doomerd the Jets

Jetfan13

+1 it wasn't milliner who was supposed to make that tackle it was ed reed. milliner was being blocked (held) and probably could have fought through it... ed reed was running around free taking bad angles as usual.

and really if we are talking about it... there's 1 play that changed that game, the blocked punt. 16-13 prior and the game blew open after that. By the time the pick 6 happened the game was basically decided.

That's when a QB is supposed to make plays.  Geno has proven time and time again he can't handle that pressure.   As soon it went from 16-13 to 23-13 because of a special teams play, the game shouldn't be over.  I mean it's 10 damn points.   What happened was he panics, throws that pick 6 and the game was over. It was a horrible decision.       

Rookie or not there are some plays you just shake your head.  You see it with vets.  Everybody and their brother knew Romo was going to throw a pick yesterday.  Same could be said about Geno at this point.  Yeah he's a rookie, but he's not a gunslinger.   Gunslingers might throw 4 Picks in a game, but have 4 TDs.  Geno is more game manager and has over 20 INTs.   That's a bad bad sign for a qb.

If they go down and even get a FG, it's 23-16 and suddenly it was just a bad play.   Defense makes a stop, Jets have another chance. But that Pick 6 sealed the game.  Making excuses for Geno is just making excuses.

When not sure just make up.

That's funny.  That is how I feel about this whole mess.  People want to blame Rex or absolve him and we have no idea if it is deserved.  Sure there are SOME things we are sure about, but there were reports that Schottenheimer was forced down his throat, that Ducasse, Geno and Winters were installed as starters without his full approval.  It's a weird situation and we will see how things shake out this offseason.  I like Rex, I hope they keep him.  I also hope that Idzik feels that way because I'd rather they dumped Rex than stuck the GM with a coach he doesn't want. 

So as head coach you are responsible for the whole team working well- not one part. You are a manager not a department head to relate to business. 

Blah blah -it is Tanny fault, Idzik fault- so what do you want to blame Rex for 5 years for- nothing he gets a total free ride?

That's funny. That is how I feel about this whole mess. People want to blame Rex or absolve him and we have no idea if it is deserved. Sure there are SOME things we are sure about, but there were reports that Schottenheimer was forced down his throat, that Ducasse, Geno and Winters were installed as starters without his full approval. It's a weird situation and we will see how things shake out this offseason. I like Rex, I hope they keep him. I also hope that Idzik feels that way because I'd rather they dumped Rex than stuck the GM with a coach he doesn't want.

Yes, my post was universal. I'm good like that.

It's very simple bottom line, the teams has sucked with him as their HC for 3 years now. Time to go.

How would you feel about them going in another direction if Rex's first post-firing call was from Bill Belichick?

I certainly wouldn't be happy about it, the guy is obviously a fantastic DC.  Unfortunately, that does not necessarily qualify him as a fantastic HC (although, as I said, I don't particularly hate the guy and would be ok with him being brought back), and the Jets don't exactly have the option of keeping him solely as a DC.  If the Jets could somehow manage to pull that off and make it work out, that would be pretty sweet, but that kind of thing rarely works in the business world, and it sure as hell doesn't in the NFL.

Archived