Ny jets salary cap 2014

NCJETSFAN

It seems as of right now with out cutting anyone they will be about 16 mil under after cutting Sanchez and Holmes. And Cro we would have over 30 mil to spend which belive it or not lands us around 6 or 7 on most cap room .

So there's alot of teams that have alot of money to spend it will be intersting what happens

It seems as of right now with out cutting anyone they will be about 16 mil under after cutting Sanchez and Holmes. And Cro we would have over 30 mil to spend which belive it or not lands us around 6 or 7 on most cap room .

So there's alot of teams that have alot of money to spend it will be intersting what happens

As of now, without signing any RFAs or URFAs we should be about $27 million under the cap and up cutting Mark and Santonio we would be roughly $43 million under. I would have to imagine that Cro either is cut or gets an extension that lowers his cap number to a more reasonable figure and the same thing with Harris.  Prior to giving Mo a new contract and signing some of our own guys, we'll probably be closer to $50 million under the cap. At least that's what it appears to be when using Jason's site.

Edit: While we may have something like $50 million to use, a sizeable chunk of that should come from extending Mo and signing some of our own free agents. Off the top of my head, I would have to imagine we're going to bring back:

-Willie Colon

-Nick Folk

-Jeff Cumberland

-Austin Howard

-Ellis Lankster

-Isaiah Trufant (RFA)

-Darrin Walls (RFA)

-Matt Simms (Exclusive rights)

-Nick Bellore (RFA)

-Garret McIntyre (RFA)

and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Calvin Pace come back to groom his eventual replacement. I don't know the numbers each will get, but I'd have to imagine it will total out to more than $10 million, plus another $7-$9 or so million for the draft class and then I'd guess $9-$12 million for Mo (averaging Ngata, Dockett and Campbell's contracts as the top three highest paid 34 DEs). So we'd be left with something closer to $20 million to spend in free agency. These numbers are obviously extremely rough estimates, I'm sure Spermy or Jason can do a much better job, but I think our expectations of signing a handful of the Deckers, Nicks, Byrds etc. of the world should be tempered a bit.

Archived