Pro Football Hall of Fame finalists revealed, still no Klecko

Jetfan13

Alright, alright, everyone gets one hero to worship in a lifetime, where all bets are off. This one is yours

Cant argue with that.

Klecko obviously pissed of the wrong people somehow because there are many players in the HOF with 1/2 his ability.

All-pro players have been quoted saying he was one of their toughest opponents they ever had to face.

Cant argue with that.

Klecko obviously pissed of the wrong people somehow because there are many players in the HOF with 1/2 his ability.

All-pro players have been quoted saying he was one of their toughest opponents they ever had to face.

I have no understanding why he is not in the HOF. At one time, he was teh only player to be a ProBowler at 3 different positions (not sure if he is still the only one to do that).

He dominated long enough to warrant admission.

:face: Yes, he said he took them one time while preparing for an NFL's Strongest Man competition. How is that the same as being a "perceived steroid abuser?"

I would not be making this statement about why Klecko did not do steroids. What your saying is he didn't do steroids to help his multi million dollar career but he did it to win a meaningless contest ?

Joe Klecko is my favorite football player and I think if he did not have to deal with a rash of injuries during the second half of his career he would have been the best Defensive Lineman ever to play the game. For those of you who did not get to see a healthy Joe Klecko play, he was really that good. He was also an all around talent unlike the Idiot Gastineau.

I would not be making this statement about why Klecko did not do steroids. What your saying is he didn't do steroids to help his multi million dollar career but he did it to win a meaningless contest ?

Joe Klecko is my favorite football player and I think if he did not have to deal with a rash of injuries during the second half of his career he would have been the best Defensive Lineman ever to play the game. For those of you who did not get to see a healthy Joe Klecko play, he was really that good. He was also an all around talent unlike the Idiot Gastineau.

Klecko was awesome. Played hard all the time. But am I going to try to convince myself, that because I liked and admired the dude that he didnt do steroids? Of course not.

Look, JoeWillie Namath is by far my most favorite player in ANY sport, but I will be the first to admit that he is basically a fallen down drunk. Does that diminish in anyway I view him? not at all, and my belief that Klecko did steroids (in an era where they all did), does not in anyway diminish how I look at that guy, which is as a great football player. period.

his career was pretty short due to the knee injuries as well

4 very good years, 2 of them great

it's just not enough

I think they should give extra consideration for the innovative stance he used as a NT, those types of things should get you extra credit

Archived