NY Jets interested in free agent wide receivers Jeremy Maclin, Emmanuel Sanders

brian101193

Ah, I stand corrected. So he only needs 73 more catches to match what McCoy did for Vick in the only season he ever completed over 60% of his passes.

Is it really reasonable to hope for a combination of Vick's best season passing and best season rushing, combined, with the Jets -and all their amazing weapons- at the age of 34?

I would submit that, no, it is not reasonable.

And even if it were (but it's still not), bringing in a scumbag like Vick to produce less thru the air than Mark Sanchez has proven capable of just seems like a really, really bad idea.

I get the feeling you have not friended MIKE VICK on facebook?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those number is which I'm "hoping" for doesn't really have much to do with talent but more so maturity. Keeping his Interceptions down for the most part along with accumulating around those yards through the air. Also doesn't come near to his season best as far as yards per game as he's thrown for the same amount of yards in 13 games. Also I believe he ran for 500 yards about 6 times or so. It hards to say how many TDs he would get but I would fine with 60% completion percentage with 3,300 yards and 500 yards on the ground while only throwing 10 picks. His age shouldn't get into the way of that for the most part but more so supporting cast.

Ah, I stand corrected. So he only needs 73 more catches to match what McCoy did for Vick in the only season he ever completed over 60% of his passes.

My comment was less of an argument for Vick, and more for our need to have a viable dump-off weapon that is more slippery than Bilal Powell. 

Marion Grice, ASU is a neat option.  Check him out. 

Is it really reasonable to hope for a combination of Vick's best season passing and best season rushing, combined, with the Jets -and all their amazing weapons- at the age of 34?

And even if it were (but it's still not), bringing in a scumbag like Vick to produce less thru the air than Mark Sanchez has proven capable of just seems like a really, really bad idea.

I don't like bringing in more vets at QB.  It's a waste of money given the Jets' situation.  That said, if i was going to bring one in, it'd be Vick, who Mornhinweg knows well.  That would be going for lightning in a bottle, but it does have some upside if Vick has a good year and stays healthy.  A risky bet to be sure.

If I am the Jets, I am paying things forward as much as I can.  Keep opening the cap window as you build from within and develop talent.  That should allow you to keep the key players like Wilkerson and it should allow you to make the key moves you'll need to make when you get your team close.

Don't leap back into salary cap hell just because you can.  Be patient.  Time the rebuild to dovetail with Brady's decline, which is coming soon.

Dude, you're just way off on this. There's no reason to think that Vick can't play a full season at the age of 34, even if he hasn't done it in 8 years. it's also totally reasonable to expect him to set career highs in passing yards and touchdowns, playing with lesser skill position players. It's the same reason I want to sign MJD on the cheap and provide him with the best line he's ever had and watch him go off for 1600 and 500. If that doesn't work, I fully expect Darren McFadden to have his first completely healthy, 16 game season and rush for 1400 and 600 (which he totally was on pace for in 2010 before he got hurt) despite the fact he's never played more than 13 games in a single year. It's totally reasonable to think all these things can happen.

Archived