Geno Smith will show he is New York Jets' answer at quarterback

GREENBEAN

I still think that when you compare college resumes and god given talent, Bridgewater is the only QB in this draft that is more desirable than just sticking with Geno.  The guy put up sick numbers in college and is extremely athletic with a gun of an arm.  People want to say that his stats were created by his receiving talent and then in the same breath lust after Mettenberger who played with Beckham and Landry and couldn't hold Geno's jock in comparison.

Are you sure you do not want to change your name to STONEHEAD? I think that name fits u better. Did you watch any of the games last year?

Geno Smith definitely has what it takes to become a solid player for New York one day. In fact, I could even see him leading Gang Green to a winning season in 2014.

You don't say, Gil?  You are going to go out on a limb and state it is theoretically feasbile that the team wins one more game than last year?  That would be wild. 

That is a ridiculous argument. Hoyer has been around for years as has McCown.  Hoyer studied under Brady for years and McCown is damn near 35 years old. He is a seasoned veteran.  His success cannot be solely attributed to the talent around him. and what team has an IDEAL offense.  Even the Broncos who were blasting through the league had flaws in their offense.  You are rationalizing beyond the yellow brick road.   

so you are saying that McCown would have had the same success if you replaced Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffrey with Greg Salas and David Nelson?      

so you are saying that McCown would have had the same success if you replaced Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffrey with Greg Salas and David Nelson?      

It's pretty obvious that Marshall and Jeffery are interchangeable parts when you're a seasoned veteran.  It's the same reason that McCown has had equal success for whichever team he's played for, year in and year out.

You don't say, Gil?  You are going to go out on a limb and state it is theoretically feasbile that the team wins one more game than last year?  That would be wild. 

that's funny. with a top 5 defense, if gil really believed what he was saying about geno this would be a 11-12 win team.

I still think that when you compare college resumes and god given talent, Bridgewater is the only QB in this draft that is more desirable than just sticking with Geno.  The guy put up sick numbers in college and is extremely athletic with a gun of an arm.  People want to say that his stats were created by his receiving talent and then in the same breath lust after Mettenberger who played with Beckham and Landry and couldn't hold Geno's jock in comparison.

I like Aaron Murray from Georgia.   He reminds me a lot of Drew Brees and he will probably be available in rd 5 or 6.   As opposed to Bridgewater who will be gone by pick 5 or 6. 

I realize the above quote was sarcasm.  I would just like to add that a few years back Miami got McCown specifically to be the starter, when he got to training camp the question was how long he could hold off the rookie Chad Henne, and then a few weeks later the Dolphins immediately jumped on Chad Pennington as soon as he was released and sent McCown packing.

I like Gil Brandt. I listen to him on the NFL Network radio all the time. BUT he is OLD and a historian.  The game has changed dramatically and Gil is accustomed to his old ways.  Giving Eugene full and autonomous control of the QB position without any real competition is just stupid and short sighted.  If Eugene is what Brandt thinks then he would outplay any and all others brought in.  Who gives a flying **** if Eugene has to look over his shoulder.  What is he a lil biatch?  Oh yeah he is.

I disagree with every single thing you wrote. Gil Brandt IS old but he is not disconnected from the NFL in any way. In fact he probably works as much and as close to the NFL as he did when he was the GM of Dallas. And he is still an incredible evaluator of talent. He is in fact responsible for figuring out the players to invite to the NFL draft and he is amazingly accurate at choosing the right players.

Second, "competition" at the QB position is idiotic. A team needs to be 100% behind a QB until they decide to move away and then you need to be 100% behind the next guy. 

I disagree with every single thing you wrote. Gil Brandt IS old but he is not disconnected from the NFL in any way. In fact he probably works as much and as close to the NFL as he did when he was the GM of Dallas. And he is still an incredible evaluator of talent. He is in fact responsible for figuring out the players to invite to the NFL draft and he is amazingly accurate at choosing the right players.

Second, "competition" at the QB position is idiotic. A team needs to be 100% behind a QB until they decide to move away and then you need to be 100% behind the next guy. 

You need to be 100% on medication.

Are you sure you do not want to change your name to STONEHEAD? I think that name fits u better. Did you watch any of the games last year?

So you disagree with his college resume and athletic talents?  Those are what I referenced.  His play is obviously lacking and needs to improve, but to invest time into another person who has had lesser previous results in college and has more limited athletic gifts does not make sense.

I like Aaron Murray from Georgia.   He reminds me a lot of Drew Brees and he will probably be available in rd 5 or 6.   As opposed to Bridgewater who will be gone by pick 5 or 6. 

I guess, but Murray is a 6 footer with a pretty average arm.  Does he have Geno's upside? No.  For the sake of having another body and maybe hitting a home run, it is at least as good a play as drafting William Campbell.

Fitzgerald? Seriously? You're talking about a guy who when all is said and done will probably go down as the greatest WR to ever play in the NFL.

He'd make Porky Pig (AKA Eugene) look good.

Pig-Football-Mascott--82495.jpg

Really? You know damn well he won't. Not even close. Not in rice category, moss category, calvin category, or owens category.

I wouldn't put him over andre honestly and all these names were good with whoever threw the ball.

More names? donald driver, hines ward, eric decker, reggie wayne, greg jennings, desean jackson, jason avant, anquan boldin, etc.

Smh

I still think that when you compare college resumes and god given talent, Bridgewater is the only QB in this draft that is more desirable than just sticking with Geno. The guy put up sick numbers in college and is extremely athletic with a gun of an arm. People want to say that his stats were created by his receiving talent and then in the same breath lust after Mettenberger who played with Beckham and Landry and couldn't hold Geno's jock in comparison.

I agree but the size and arm on borttles is awesome. And he's just a awesome person.

Archived