What would you think if...

MatthewPLP

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why am not surprised that someone who named himself after queen bitch Mark Gastineau would have a thin skin?

But I digress. I've said it before, because of people like you I am sure I will say it again. ITS ONLY BEEN THREE ******* DAYS.

THE JETS HAVE A PLAN AND ARE BEING SMART WITH THEIR MONEY RATHER THAN OVERPAYING FOR THE LIKES OF BRANDON PETTIGREW.

THIS IS ALSO ONE OF THE DEEPEST DRAFTS EVER AND THE JETS CURRENTLY HAVE 9 PICKS.

ASSESSING HOW A TEAM DID IN FREE AGENCY LESS THAN FOUR DAYS INTO A FREE AGENCY PERIOD IS EVEN DUMBER THAN ASSESSING A DRAFT BEFORE A TEAM PLAYS A GAME.

How about you calm the **** down and see how this plays out and at one point I am sure John Idzik will do a press conference or sit with Eric Allen for an interview on NYJets.com and explain what the Jets strategy was and why they did or did not sign certain players.

Don't get spicy, you two. We're all friends here. Except for Ape. He's an island.

PS, the Jets have a plan, but the owner is a dipsh*t, so that "plan" is largely irrelevant. Like having a lasagna with Garfield lurking.

You're the biggest tough guy here. I'd never mess with you in a million years, you know that. I'm just telling you, don't talk down to me. I don't think that's too much to ask. Unless such a request challenges your obviously inflated idea of yourself.

Dude, I didn't talk down to you. It was a comeback after you called me a bitch and little girl. If you're gonna dish it out...

As far as being a tough guy - show me a post where I ever threatened someone. It's never happened. I've made fun of plenty of ITGs. I'm not one myself. 

I'm a better human being than both of you... and I'm not even a human being.

Oh sh*t.

What "oh sh*t"? He's spot on, I've always been a predominantly type A personalty, especially in how I present myself here ... I've got a lot of type B traits that influence me in my career and family life, but that rarely comes out here I think.

What "oh sh*t"? He's spot on, I've always been a predominantly type A personalty, especially in how I present myself here ... I've got a lot of type B traits that influence me in my career and family life, but that rarely comes out here I think.

I meant "oh sh*t" as in, "that's kinda accurate." Usually your posts involve emasculating a newbie, so when they're not it stands out more.

Can you wait until free agency plays out so you can see if he does that. If May 1st rolls around and we haven't spent any more money, I'll be right there with you. 

I agree with you, that's where I'm at right now. The initial irritation is dying down and I'll just let it play out and see what happens. There's a chance that he makes all of this annoyance seem foolish, we'll see. I guess me and several other posters here just aren't used to his way of doing things, where half the time you don't even know if they have a visit scheduled.

Other than the predominately "type B" inferiority complex that I think a few of us would agree the Ape occasionally presents on the board, via his tenacious defense of his football and mafia acumen, I completely agree with what he is saying.

I meant "oh sh*t" as in, "that's kinda accurate." Usually your posts involve emasculating a newbie, so when they're not it stands out more.

I am the self-appointed director of rites of passage... but I'm not always like that.

Note: You see how I've volunteered scrutinizing my personality flaws as a means of mitigating the tension? Completely intentional, and I'll get not credit for it. Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, etc, etc,

Other than the predominately "type B" inferiority complex that I think a few of us would agree the Ape occasionally presents on the board, via his tenacious defense of his football and mafia acumen, I completely agree with what he is saying.

lol, you are good at this!

Are you a bartender? Or a shrink?

The 49ers lost a super bowl a year ago and are a super bowl contender, the Seahawks just won a super bowl,  the Packers are an example of what?  Without Rodgers that team pretty much sucks. We saw how they did last season without their QB.  Yeah easy to build a team and not do much when you have a HOF type QB who has the weight of the world on his shoulders for that team.

And even going back a year or two,  yes, you need to build through the draft, but did anybody actually follow who was on the Seahawks ?  They had quite a few players who came from free agency or trades that helped them win that super bowl.  Hell the 49ers went out and grabbed Boldin.

yeah you need to build from the draft, but you'd be blind to say the Seahawks just won the super bowl because it was all about the draft.  I mean they were a team who pretty much made big trades/signings every damn year. Did they do it the first few days of free agency, no, but they still brought in a boatload of talent to help them win.    

We were 8-8 last year, 6-10 in 2012,  8-8 in 2011 ....clearly this team needs all the help it can get from ANYWHERE it can get it from.

Be it from the street, the draft, free agency, or trades thru Madden PS3.

Type A[edit]

The theory describes a Type A individual as ambitious, rigidly organized, highly status conscious, sensitive, truthful, impatient, always try to help others, take on more than they can handle, want other people to get to the point, proactive, and obsessed with time management. People with Type A personalities are often high-achieving "workaholics" who multi-task, push themselves with deadlines, and hate both delays and ambivalence.[4]

In his 1996 book, Type A Behavior: Its Diagnosis and Treatment, written by Friedman suggests that Type A behavior is expressed in three major symptoms: free-floating hostility, which can be triggered by even minor incidents; time urgency and impatience, which causes irritation and exasperation usually described as being "short-fused"; and competitive drive, which causes stress and an achievement-driven mentality. The first of these symptoms is believed to be covert and therefore less observable, while the other two are more overt. [5]

Type B[edit]

The theory describes Type B individuals as a contrast to those with Type A personalities. People with Type B personality by definition generally live at a lower stress level and typically work steadily, enjoying achievement but not becoming stressed when they do not achieve. When faced with competition, they do not mind losing and either enjoy the game or back down. They may be creative and enjoy exploring ideas and concepts. They are often reflective, thinking about the outer and inner worlds.

Here you go 314, I've highlighted the ares from both types that define me more holistically - like, in real life. 

It's just like that left / right brain stuff... I've got a stake in both sides.

Curious, where does the self deprication sense of humor fit in?

Here you go 314, I've highlighted the ares from both types that define me more holistically - like, in real life. 

It's just like that left / right brain stuff... I've got a stake in both sides.

Curious, where does the self deprication sense of humor fit in?

I rest my case?

I never said you were wrong. :)

For the sake of lightening the thread up - I'm just playing along. Now, do you have anymore dime-store head shrinker insights, or are you all out? 

Quick run and get your DSM IV Bleedgreen and hit him over the head with it.

Archived