What if Schedule was reversed?

Joe Jets fan

I say we would have gone 7-2 then after Nov 9th gone 1-6.  This would get Rex fired. 

Everyone would be screaming that it was another Jets collapse.

But intead we have a very real chance of going 1-6 then "storming back" to win seven of nine and Rex will save his job once again. 

Of course its 8 - 8 ether way, but all perception.

For one we could have given Milliner and Decker a few weeks off to completely recover from their injuries in the first few weeks of the season.

We might have lucked out if we were playing these juggernauts at the later part of the season say if one of the elite QB's was hurt or rested and we gotta play the Curtis Painter of these teams.

And we end up 10-6 or 9-7 and make the playoffs.

Who am i kidding. That would have been a HUGE DISASTER.

If the Jets started off that way it would also include that they are gelling as a team. Geno's confidence and comfort level would be up and we would more than likely beat a couple more of the teams we lose to in the beginning. That would (could) mean 9-7 or 10-6.  

This is all silly of course, but I'm just sayin...

For one we could have given Milliner and Decker a few weeks off to completely recover from their injuries in the first few weeks of the season.

We might have lucked out if we were playing these juggernauts at the later part of the season say if one of the elite QB's was hurt or rested and we gotta play the Curtis Painter of these teams.

And we end up 10-6 or 9-7 and make the playoffs.

Who am i kidding. That would have been a HUGE DISASTER.

I did think about this and you might be right. By late in the year we could be the healthier team?

We also could be worse.

Archived