Geno's remarks in today's NY Post

ali

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"“I don’t care about what anyone on the outside says in regards to anything negative about myself or this team,” Smith said."

FU, a**hole. We pay your salary.

He does not get it. He is part of...well this new generation of entitled athletes. He will be completely broke 2 years removed from football.

I really like Geno a lot, character wise. I'm a HUGE fan of his. That said, I think not benching him and starting Vick is a big mistake and will be the end of the Rex era. I don't think Geno has the skills to be a star QB in this league. But his off the field quotes have nothing to do with that. He's held up extremely well under the NY media scrutiny. I'm also not trying to say anyone should already be closing the door on his entire career but this isn't his time yet. He doesn't seem ready. Maybe never will be who knows. But not starting Vick is a big mistake imo.  

I really like Geno a lot, character wise. I'm a HUGE fan of his. That said, I think benching him and starting Vick is a big mistake and will be the end of the Rex era. I don't think Geno has the skills to be a star QB in this league. But his off the field quotes have nothing to do with that. He's held up extremely well under the NY media scrutiny. I'm also not trying to say anyone should already be closing the door on his entire career but this isn't his time yet. He doesn't seem ready. Maybe never will be who knows. But starting Vick is a big mistake imo.  

Fixed. 

I don't see a single positive that comes from starting Michael Vick. 

Fixed. 

I hear ya. I genuinely do feel starting Vick is the only hope of turning around their season. Geno's confidence is shot. Am I fully confident Vick could do it (turn the season around) no, but it would at least spark some small piece of hope or optimism from me, as a fan. 

The idea of moving back to the island can be put on the shelf for the 17 or so years.  They have a new stadium in N J Deal with it.

The Jets had a non involved owner for a very long time.  He got involved one time  in all those years and hired Rich Kotite.  How did that work out?

IMO Woody has done everything he could to bring the Jets to Manhattan.   NYC didn't want them.   He has certainly spent the money to try and make them a winner.  Mike T just bought the the wrong players, and supported the wrong QB.

So we are back at point 0.  A bad QB, a GM that doesn't look like he knows how to draft, and a HC in his last season 

I hear ya. I genuinely do feel starting Vick is the only hope of turning around their season. Geno's confidence is shot. Am I fully confident Vick could do it (turn the season around) no, but it would at least spark some small piece of hope or optimism from me, as a fan. 

Can't stand Vick, but I agree.  Why did they sign him?  If they just didn't waste money now is the time to make a move.  Even for Smith's sake.  Cursing at a fan is the worst thing he could have done.  If he has another multi turnover game in San Diego he won't want to come back home.  

People will be buying seats just to throw stuff at him, and see how he reacts

I really like Geno a lot, character wise. I'm a HUGE fan of his. That said, I think not benching him and starting Vick is a big mistake and will be the end of the Rex era. I don't think Geno has the skills to be a star QB in this league. But his off the field quotes have nothing to do with that. He's held up extremely well under the NY media scrutiny. I'm also not trying to say anyone should already be closing the door on his entire career but this isn't his time yet. He doesn't seem ready. Maybe never will be who knows. But not starting Vick is a big mistake imo.  

really doesn't say much about your character unless of course you're into getting thrown off airplanes and sending pics of your pee pee for the internet world to see. 

Lets not forget cursing out the fans who pay your check and acting like a lil biatch on the highlight of your life on draft day.

Yea if you like a spoiled, perverted, wanna be top 5 QB  to lead your team....Geno is da man.

Fixed. 

The case can be made both ways. Those on both sides feel equally as strongly. As i have said i dont think it will matter much in a week or two. There wont be anyway to avoid putting vick in soon enough.

really doesn't say much about your character unless of course you're into getting thrown off airplanes and sending pics of your pee pee for the internet world to see. 

Lets not forget cursing out the fans who pay your check and acting like a lil biatch on the highlight of your life on draft day.

Yea if you like a spoiled, perverted, wanna be top 5 QB  to lead your team....Geno is da man.

The only part I find disheartening is the cursing out the fans thing. 

Archived