2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

Russell would be a terrible pick at 3. We'd be better off taking Mudiay. Carmelo is just an albatross no matter what. His being here doesn't really change anything as far as the draft and stuff.

Why dont you like Russell?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guaranteed in the top 5. Yay.

I don't know if you're being facetious, but guaranteed top 5 is a good thing.  Plus, they have an 87% chance of being top 4.

Maybe Jax's basketball gods shine on the Knicks because unlike Philly and Minny, both who lost 10 in a row to close the season, the Knicks didn't tank.

If we end up with the 5th pick I'm kicking my tv. FU Fisher

Then Jax's basketball gods would've been against the Knicks because there is only a 13% chance of that happening.

Think of that, the Knicks have better odds (19%) of getting the 1st pick as they do of getting the 5th (13%).

I still maintain they are in good shape and, when this season fell apart, I did say that being the 2nd lotto seed was a good thing so I'll stick to that.  They're only off from the top seed by 6%.

We were better off with Stu?

The Knicks haven't known how to build a team since the 1970s.

The early 1990 teams were a scrap heap team thrown together because the Knicks were afraid Patrick was going to leave as a FA in 91ish so they hired Riley to convince him to stay.  They then put together a team of rejects that played as hard as anyone, but was short on talent.

If you really think about it, the Jets have done a better job at drafting than the Knicks in the last 30 years.

Then Jax's basketball gods would've been against the Knicks because there is only a 13% chance of that happening.

Think of that, the Knicks have better odds (19%) of getting the 1st pick as they do of getting the 5th (13%).

I still maintain they are in good shape and, when this season fell apart, I did say that being the 2nd lotto seed was a good thing so I'll stick to that. They're only off from the top seed by 6%.

I'm ok with the 4 and I would be jizzing if we got a top 3 pick. The 5 pick would be an unmitigated disaster Cauley-Stein is a nice players he is not worth tanking for

We were better off with Stu?

Phil inherited an extremely mediocre team and was given the order to bring a championship. You do that by tanking and getting cap space. I am

upset that they didn't tank hard enough it's scary to think we purposely flush the season away and end up not getting a top 4 pick.

The Knicks haven't known how to build a team since the 1970s.

The early 1990 teams were a scrap heap team thrown together because the Knicks were afraid Patrick was going to leave as a FA in 91ish so they hired Riley to convince him to stay.  They then put together a team of rejects that played as hard as anyone, but was short on talent.

If you really think about it, the Jets have done a better job at drafting than the Knicks in the last 30 years.

Remember the year they took John Wallace, Walter McCarty and Dontae Jones all in the first round, all like 3 picks apart from each other?

Remember the year they took John Wallace, Walter McCarty and Dontae Jones all in the first round, all like 3 picks apart from each other?

Brutal.

It's saying something when their best 1st round pick in 25 yrs was Charlie Ward.

I was there.  I was there from 96-2006 basically every game, then back from the end of the 2011 season through summer 2012.  Granmama's 4 point play.  I shook the Iceman's hand when we lost to them in the '99 Finals.  I liked some of those '90's teams.  If they weren't so obsessed with keeping Ewing happy they might have done some real damage. The '99 team was better when he was hurt and they could run. In the late '90's they had two of my favorite all-time most underrated, but well past their primes - Buck and Terry Cummings.

I was there. I was there from 96-2006 basically every game, then back from the end of the 2011 season through summer 2012. Granmama's 4 point play. I shook the Iceman's hand when we lost to them in the '99 Finals. I liked some of those '90's teams. If they weren't so obsessed with keeping Ewing happy they might have done some real damage. The '99 team was better when he was hurt and they could run. In the late '90's they had two of my favorite all-time most underrated, but well past their primes - Buck and Terry Cummings.

I came in my pants when I saw buck Williams reject Jordan. That '97 team could have beaten the bulls. Thank you David Stern

You suck at math, Larz.  If the Knicks are the 3rd lottery seed that means they can fall as far as 6th in the lottery and not get the 3rd pick you want.

As the 3rd lottery seed, the Knicks will only have a 15% chance at actually getting the 3rd pick.  However, they have a 53% chance of getting picks 4th through 6th as the the 3rd lottery seed.

However, as the 2nd lottery seed, they'll have a 55% chance of getting a top-3 pick.

So Larz, you don't want them to win tonight under any circumstance if you want them to get the 3rd pick.

wait  what ?

Seeing Okafor at the Hawks game last night gave me sad pants. What could have been...

I'm still dreaming of top 2.  Knicks have a 38.7% chance of landing top 2.  They had a 46.5% chance of landing top 2 if they had the worst record.  That's only a 7.8% chance difference.

Until Knicks-life does something awful again, I'll continue to dream.

I'm still dreaming of top 2.  Knicks have a 38.7% chance of landing top 2.  They had a 46.5% chance of landing top 2 if they had the worst record.  That's only a 7.8% chance difference.

Until Knicks-life does something awful again, I'll continue to dream.

Maybe. Probably not. I've accepted the notion that until Dolan is dead, we're forever stuck in a timeloop where Jackie Treehorn's henchmen are perpetually pissing on our rug.

Maybe. Probably not. I've accepted the notion that until Dolan is dead, we're forever stuck in a timeloop where Jackie Treehorn's henchmen are perpetually pissing on our rug.

Hold that thought until June to test that theory.

After the first episode of pissing, does it really matter? Or is the rug being laundered in between?  If so, which seasons does the clean rug represent? 

It doesn't count for hockey. He stays out of that sh*t.

Maybe he tried to do for Jax what he did for Sather, but Jax had proved to be incompetent so that is up in smoke.

Did you see Jax's bizarre press conference? He took credit for sending Tyson, JR etc. to good teams. Dude, that's not your job.

Maybe he tried to do for Jax what he did for Sather, but Jax had proved to be incompetent so that is up in smoke.

Did you see Jax's bizarre press conference? He took credit for sending Tyson, JR etc. to good teams. Dude, that's not your job.

That's the thing. Even when he tries to find someone to balance out his stupidity, he fails at that. You think he's still going to be willing to sit on the bench after Phil ******* Jackson sh*ts the bed? No chance. We are ****ed, my friend. Royally ****ed.

Archived