2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knicks lose: "it's going to take some time for them to pick up the triangle."

Knicks win: "man, they're picking up the offense quicker than expected."

All kidding aside, I think we have to be patient, this is a complex system and it's not like we have some of the most heady players on the court, but I am excited to see how the team does when their roles are actually defined for them.  I'm eager to see how Larkin can use his speed to push that second unit with Timmy Jr and Cleanthony, could provide a bit of a spark.  I think Amare is actually going to have a good season provided he stays healthy and put up something like 16 and 6 with solid efficiency.  Mostly, I'm just excited to see the energy that Fischer brings and the leadership that comes with being attached to Phil Jackson.  Usually I'm not optimistic with signing any big name FAs, but with Melo locked into 5 years, taking less in his second year, combined with Amare and Bargs' contracts being off the books, I wouldn't be surprised to see us land Mark Gasol and some others.  Just gotta motor through this year and see if we can make some noise in the playoffs. 

Knicks lose: "it's going to take some time for them to pick up the triangle."

Knicks win: "man, they're picking up the offense quicker than expected."

All kidding aside, I think we have to be patient, this is a complex system and it's not like we have some of the most heady players on the court, but I am excited to see how the team does when their roles are actually defined for them. I'm eager to see how Larkin can use his speed to push that second unit with Timmy Jr and Cleanthony, could provide a bit of a spark. I think Amare is actually going to have a good season provided he stays healthy and put up something like 16 and 6 with solid efficiency. Mostly, I'm just excited to see the energy that Fischer brings and the leadership that comes with being attached to Phil Jackson. Usually I'm not optimistic with signing any big name FAs, but with Melo locked into 5 years, taking less in his second year, combined with Amare and Bargs' contracts being off the books, I wouldn't be surprised to see us land Mark Gasol and some others. Just gotta motor through this year and see if we can make some noise in the playoffs.

Plus, Samuel Dalembert is poised to have a breakout season.

Knicks playing the Wizards tonight at 7:30. One week from today the Knicks will be playing their season opener against the Chicago Bulls in the Garden. From my understanding it looks like the starting lineup will go as follows (if I'm wrong please correct) :

PG: Calderon

SG: Shump

SF: Melo

PF: Stoudemire

C: Dalembert

Knicks playing the Wizards tonight at 7:30. One week from today the Knicks will be playing their season opener against the Chicago Bulls in the Garden. From my understanding it looks like the starting lineup will go as follows (if I'm wrong please correct) :

PG: Calderon

SG: Shump

SF: Melo

PF: Stoudemire

C: Dalembert

Titles

Unlike the Jets. The Knicks have a good future infront of them with Phil Jackson at the helm. The Knicks are a playoff team at least in my opinion.

Melo and the rest of the players will succeed in the triangle offense and hopefully they play some defense for once because they haven't been for a long time now. I think they will win 45-48 games.

I have a bad feeling the offense is going to look less like a triangle and more like a couple of random crooked lines for a while. Hopefully they can get it figured out quickly. I need this team to at least be competitive so they can distract me from football.

I have a bad feeling the offense is going to look less like a triangle and more like a couple of random crooked lines for a while. Hopefully they can get it figured out quickly. I need this team to at least be competitive so they can distract me from football.

Or ... you could come over to a contender ... you have every right bro  - just look at the address on your drivers license.

Either way a distraction from the travesty of football known as the 2014 NY Jets is mandatory.

Or ... you could come over to a contender ... you have every right bro  - just look at the address on your drivers license.

Either way a distraction from the travesty of football known as the 2014 NY Jets is mandatory.

Can't do it. Too many bad memories centered around Jordan in the playoffs. lol

I also live right next to the Indiana state line so I get a lot of crap from Pacers fans. There's a bad history for me there, too. I still have nightmares about Rik Smits' mullet.

rik-smits.jpg?w=305

Solid win. Not reading anything into it, just going to enjoy the unfamiliar and slightly unsettling feeling of the team that I like winning a game. That is all.

Oh stop it.  LSU had a huge win last week.  Save the self-loathing for those of us who are really suffering.

My city is filled with a bunch of obnoxious barking rednecks who are cruising around drooling at handing the Gators a 42-13 loss and officially ending the Muscramp era.  He'll be 0-8 in the Florida/Georgia game as of Saturday night and out of a job on Sunday.

Sports are cruel. 

Archived