2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was funny seeing Mills up there drop his head when the 4th pick was announced.  Too bad Jax was too much of a coward to be there.  I hated that POS when he was with Chicago and the Lakers.  Despise him now.

Repeat after me since math and reading comprehension skills are not there.

76ers and Lakers both had less ping pong balls and more wins than the Knicks. Lakers get Okafor and Sixers get Russell.

I know you like your WWE reference, but the top of the draft was not a good outcome for the NBA in only getting the Lakers there.  They would've loved it being NY, LA and Philly in top 3.

It was funny seeing Mills up there drop his head when the 4th pick was announced. Too bad Jax was too much of a coward to be there. I hated that POS when he was with Chicago and the Lakers. Despise him now.

There was a pretty good chance that Phil would have screwed up a top two pick anyway, and history says it's likely that at least one of Okafor and Towns busts. This isn't the singular calamity it feels like. Look at how different things would be if we had simply stopped doing idiotic things just a year ago even after everything we'd ****ed up to that point. Hitting the jackpot tonight was never going to be a panacea for Jackson's evident inability to just make incremental good decisions.

There was a pretty good chance that Phil would have screwed up a top two pick anyway, and history says it's likely that at least one of Okafor and Towns busts. This isn't the singular calamity it feels like. Look at how different things would be if we had simply stopped doing idiotic things just a year ago even after everything we'd ****ed up to that point. Hitting the jackpot tonight was never going to be a panacea for Jackson's evident inability to just make incremental good decisions.

This is entirely true, but Hope is not dead for me yet now that there are rumors out of LA that the Lakers are high on Mudiay at 2.

Figured. oh well, I suppose that makes it just one less number for Phil to not know.

LOL and spot on.

Was I the only one that was like WTF when Jax said earlier on that being the top lottery seed wasn't that important because the past top seeds had not won the lottery?

Is he really that numbers-dumb not to realize past results are not indicative of future outcomes with respect to probability?  Or do the Basketball Gods ignore that?

Stephen A Smithfwiw just went on a rant about Phil Jackson (it was actually pretty funny), but is it true that the only two road games he (Phil) attended last year were both LA games? And is it true that he was in Chicago for the pre-draft workouts but didn't actually attend said workouts?

Mudiay = Jason Kidd

Watch the tape. I'm not watching nba next season or really ever again but he has long arms, quick lateral moves, can create in transition and uses hesitation dribble effectively and is big enough to be a two way player at both the 1 and 2. Not a great shooter but good from mid-range and a good finisher at the rim. Already has an nba body.

It's a PG league that favors spacing and pacing. I've said all along Russell will be the best player to come out of this draft I would not be surprised if Mudiay was the second best.

T0m, it's true. He went to Chicago for the Combine but never left his hotel room. He's also less than a mile away from last night's lottery.

He's been a disaster and a coward

Mudiay = Jason Kidd

Watch the tape. I'm not watching nba next season or really ever again but he has long arms, quick lateral moves, can create in transition and uses hesitation dribble effectively and is big enough to be a two way player at both the 1 and 2. Not a great shooter but good from mid-range and a good finisher at the rim. Already has an nba body.

It's a PG league that favors spacing and pacing. I've said all along Russell will be the best player to come out of this draft I would not be surprised if Mudiay was the second best.

Okafor's a loaf.  So overrated. Towns has some serious talent.  That could hurt missing out him but the lottery is retarded, so what are you going to do?

Russell is going to be solid but I think you're right about Mudiay.  And wouldnt it be nice to have a legit PG?  The truth is, none of these guys are going to light the league on fire so everyone getting all bent out of shape over a minimal difference.

Stephen A Smithfwiw just went on a rant about Phil Jackson (it was actually pretty funny), but is it true that the only two road games he (Phil) attended last year were both LA games? And is it true that he was in Chicago for the pre-draft workouts but didn't actually attend said workouts?

Yeah. For what it's worth, the guy has a really hard time getting around now because of his back. That part is legit. He limps and waddles like a mother****er. It's why he retired from coaching and when they hired him it was done on the condition that he wouldn't be present for a lot of stuff because of it.

That said. The lottery was like 2 blocks away. It's no excuse.

Jackson getting absolutely murdered in all the papers. Good. Honeymoon's over, and not showing up to the lottery was a ******* joke.

Yeah, finally.

And, like you said, the health issues are legit, but he did go to Chicago and lives right next to the lottery site.  Should've been there.  He's an a$$hole.

It's cumulative because, you know, it wouldn't have been so bad if he swung some trades and gotten 1st round picks like Philly and Celtics have.  He's lost every trade, can't control the team to tank properly and then disappears.  

Like I said before, I hated Jax while he was in Chicago, hated him in LA and loathe him now.  I was seduced by the idea of the former Knick coming home to take over the team of his mentor.  But this has been a disaster since day 1

In hindsight I was right (blind squirelling), that Satan should've given the president's job to Jeff Van Gundy.  JVG would've gotten things right and had the inside track in hiring Thibs this year.

Yeah, finally.

And, like you said, the health issues are legit, but he did go to Chicago and lives right next to the lottery site. Should've been there. He's an a$$hole.

It's cumulative because, you know, it wouldn't have been so bad if he swung some trades and gotten 1st round picks like Philly and Celtics have. He's lost every trade, can't control the team to tank properly and then disappears.

Like I said before, I hated Jax while he was in Chicago, hated him in LA and loathe him now. I was seduced by the idea of the former Knick coming home to take over the team of his mentor. But this has been a disaster since day 1

In hindsight I was right (blind squirelling), that Satan should've given the president's job to Jeff Van Gundy. JVG would've gotten things right and had the inside track in hiring Thibs this year.

I didn't mind some of the other things so much because it looked like Jax had come to grips with the thing that the other GMs never did, that the Knicks need to be bad for a little while. Stop with the dumb trades and contracts and just build assets over time. We were tanking. That was a good thing. Then they win 2 of 3 and Fisher and him act like this is something they never discussed prior? I mean come on. Then Dolan hires Isiah back. Then Mills is the figurehead for the lottery. The whole thing is so just...****.

I didn't mind some of the other things so much because it looked like Jax had come to grips with the thing that the other GMs never did, that the Knicks need to be bad for a little while. Stop with the dumb trades and contracts and just build assets over time. We were tanking. That was a good thing. Then they win 2 of 3 and Fisher and him act like this is something they never discussed prior? I mean come on. Then Dolan hires Isiah back. Then Mills is the figurehead for the lottery. The whole thing is so just...****.

All true and I agreed with tanking, but like you said, that Jax and Fisher didn't talk about it is absurd.  Jax runs the team.  He can tell Fisher to do whatever he wants.  The bottom line is that Jax doesn't know what the **** he is doing.

Tank and trade assets,  Fine, but get some value back.  Not 2019 2nd rounders.  Don't trade the former DPOY for nothing and claim it was to get rid of Felton, when Felton couldve been bought out CHEAPER than what the Knicks are now committed to Calderon.  Knicks had a chance to trade Shumpert to OKC for this year's 1st rounder, but Jax said no.  That pick was in the lottery.

All true and I agreed with tanking, but like you said, that Jax and Fisher didn't talk about it is absurd. Jax runs the team. He can tell Fisher to do whatever he wants. The bottom line is that Jax doesn't know what the **** he is doing.

Tank and trade assets, Fine, but get some value back. Not 2019 2nd rounders. Don't trade the former DPOY for nothing and claim it was to get rid of Felton, when Felton couldve been bought out CHEAPER than what the Knicks are now committed to Calderon. Knicks had a chance to trade Shumpert to OKC for this year's 1st rounder, but Jax said no. That pick was in the lottery.

We have to luck into something eventually, right? Has to happen.

We have to luck into something eventually, right? Has to happen.

There is the probability of that happening.

This might be the draft, but who knows.  The incompetence is remarkable and this is all setting up to the 2016 lottery when the Knicks win it, but the pick goes to Toronto.

I still don't understand what Grunwald/Knicks were thinking in giving up a 1st rounder for Bargnani.

okafor would be a horrible player to put with melo

towns is soft

russell is a choker

mudiay is my guy

I'm fine with this

Me too.  I only wish had at least the 3rd pick to guarantee we would land Mudiay, now we have to sweat it out to see which PG the Sixers take.  I hope it's Russell; he is going to be a nice player but NBA point guards are going to ABUSE him. 

Archived